E30/E34 folks in Frederick/Germantown/Northern 270

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30/E34 folks in Frederick/Germantown/Northern 270

I live in Clarksburg and I see a few houses where and there with E30s and E34s stacked in the driveways. Anyone from up here on R3v? Maybe we could get a meet going....
    1993 Laguna M50 "Helen"
    1987 M20 325i "Ron Burgundy"
    1987 M20 325e "Billy"

"He who shall be last shall be sideways and smiling." - Clarkson

Are you leaving the CP meet or trying to get this rolling in addition?

Comment

Jeff just wants more friends. He'll never have enough, haha.

That said, I think we should move the spot around every once in awhile. If we relocated to Rockville one meet, it'd be closer for some and we could eat at different restaurants. Same goes for you if we met up in Upper Malboro or Waldorf.
      AWD > RWD

Comment

True enough. I do think it would be nice to find a different venue for the meet, but it would be a matter of notifying everyone of the change, or if we were smart, we would decide in advance and post the list, but that's not going to happen. Also, no one wants to go to Waldorf.

Jeff, hope you find some MoCo BMW people that won't get you in to trouble with the rozzers.

Comment

Not leaving the College Park meet, but it would be nice to meet up somewhere else every now and again. I need to find a really cool restaurant for a field trip.

I just keep seeing all of these old BMWs stashed in garages and driveways around my area. It would be cool to meet some local folks. There's at least one E30 M3 up here.
          1993 Laguna M50 "Helen"
          1987 M20 325i "Ron Burgundy"
          1987 M20 325e "Billy"

"He who shall be last shall be sideways and smiling." - Clarkson

Comment

We need business cards to leave on windscreens! That would probably be the best way to get new folks together.

Comment

im up in frederick and race with the capital driving club

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                We need business cards to leave on windscreens! That would probably be the best way to get new folks together.
                That would be slick.

I want to be more involved but just am working a boatload, leaving my Friday evenings rarely available.

In my area, there are several BMWs: E30M3s, E31s, E39 M5, i8, E30s of the other varieties, E34s, saw an E36 racecar type being trailered and more.

The Annapolis CC was getting rather diverse by the end of this season.. NSXs, a slammed E30 touring along side the usual tuned Corvettes, Porsches of all vintages, Ferrari, Lamborghinis, Teslas.
                ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Originally posted by gofredo50 View Post
                  I just keep seeing all of these old BMWs stashed in garages and driveways around my area. It would be cool to meet some local folks.
                  Is it weird to knock on someones door? I have a bunch of people around my neighborhood as well that seem to have an affinity to e30/36s as well. One guy has two identical e30 coups he parks next to each other in his driveway except one is an iX. I have thought about knocking on his door before.... but always chicken out cuz i feel like it's sort of weird.

Comment

No problem being neighborly.

Neighbor guy sent me a text asking about one of my cars, he hadn't seen it for a while. I like neighbors who care.
                    ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Originally posted by BaltimoreBimmer View Post
                      Is it weird to knock on someones door? I have a bunch of people around my neighborhood as well that seem to have an affinity to e30/36s as well. One guy has two identical e30 coups he parks next to each other in his driveway except one is an iX. I have thought about knocking on his door before.... but always chicken out cuz i feel like it's sort of weird.
                      That's what doors are for.

As long as you're not weird about it they'll probably be cool, or they'll murder you, and sell your organs to fund their S54 swap, 50/50.

Don't forget that you can do the old fashioned note on the windshield thing and leave your phone number.

Comment

any one see that m3 in virginia? need a friend with a barn to stash is away for a few more years

Comment

Originally posted by u4tsaf2orue View Post
                          any one see that m3 in virginia? need a friend with a barn to stash is away for a few more years
                          What M3?
                          2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
                          2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
                          1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
                          1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
                          - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
                          1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
                          1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
                          Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment