M62b44NV obd2 wiring questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M62b44NV obd2 wiring questions

I have a bunch of questions on the wiring part of the project...

First here are some info about my project:
    - 1986 BMW 325e sedan
    - M62b44NV out of a 1997 740i
    - Bosch 474 ECU flashed to delete ews, etc...

I bought the car with the project 1/3 "complete". The engine was already in and it actually cranks and turns on. The previous owner never finish it and decided to sell.
    The wiring adapter that the PO made to the e30 c101 only has two wires (pin7 ignition switch and pin18 starter)

Note: this ECU uses a single big plug.

Questions:
    1- How do you get oil pressure, coolant temp, rpm signal to the cluster?
    I know that this been a obd2 swap the temp sensor is different (4 pins) than the commonly use single pol brown top one used on s52/m50 swaps.

2- How should the battery charging system be connected?
    Big wire from alternator to starter and from battery positive post to starter... Am i correct?

Thanks!

have you searched to see if other members have posted their pin out diagrams? i highly recommend frank macaluso's v8 to e30 swap guide. i think he charges 40 bucks and i can say from experience that it is worth its weight in gold.
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Do you already have the EWS flashed out on the 474? I spent a long time looking for someone who could do this and came up empty.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
      Transaction feedback
      - jpod999

Comment

Coolant temp and RPM are sent over CAN to the cluster. There is a RPM signal 'TD'(?) sent to the diagnostic connector as well, maybe useful?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
          Do you already have the EWS flashed out on the 474? I spent a long time looking for someone who could do this and came up empty.
          I contacted these guys a few months ago and they said that they can reprogram DME to delete EWS and a performance tune for ~$300 if you send in your DME. You can buy ones that they source also.

DUDMD Tuning. 4,984 likes · 1 talking about this · 439 were here. BMW Performance Tuning BMW EWS Deletes BMW ECU Cloning Mercedes Benz Performance Tuning

I have no proof of their work though, other than what they have posted on FB. Even worse for me is I don't use that god-awful site, so communication is difficult for me. I'm just starting an M62B44 swap into my E30 and need EWS delete too.

EDIT: They have a website now... http://www.dudmd.net/collections/all
          Last edited by wspellmann; 12-20-2016, 04:30 PM.
          My current E30 M62B44 swap

Comment

Originally posted by wspellmann View Post
            I contacted these guys a few months ago and they said that they can reprogram DME to delete EWS and a performance tune for ~$300 if you send in your DME. You can buy ones that they source also.

DUDMD Tuning. 4,984 likes · 1 talking about this · 439 were here. BMW Performance Tuning BMW EWS Deletes BMW ECU Cloning Mercedes Benz Performance Tuning

I have no proof of their work though, other than what they have posted on FB. Even worse for me is I don't use that god-awful site, so communication is difficult for me. I'm just starting an M62B44 swap into my E30 and need EWS delete too.

EDIT: They have a website now... http://www.dudmd.net/collections/all
            Very interesting, I think they could not do it when I contacted them around a year ago. This should make future M62B44NV swaps much easier!

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
            Transaction feedback
            - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
              Very interesting, I think they could not do it when I contacted them around a year ago. This should make future M62B44NV swaps much easier!
              Did a little more digging yesterday and found these guys outside of Atlanta... http://www.markertmotorworks.com/bmw...uning-mercedes.

I just called and spoke with Chuck and he said they can do all the EWS delete and performance tuning on your DMEs. Waiting for a call back for a quote on EWS delete and performance tune for cat delete.
              My current E30 M62B44 swap

Comment

Originally posted by wspellmann View Post
                Did a little more digging yesterday and found these guys outside of Atlanta... http://www.markertmotorworks.com/bmw...uning-mercedes.

I just called and spoke with Chuck and he said they can do all the EWS delete and performance tuning on your DMEs. Waiting for a call back for a quote on EWS delete and performance tune for cat delete.
                Very cool! I contacted them back in January and at that point the only way they could get around the Bosch M5.2 (474 DME) EWS was through an emulator.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                Transaction feedback
                - jpod999

Comment

Hey Jpod999,

DUDMD tuning can take care of that.

EWS Delete Service for a BMW 1996 1997 E39 540i 540i6 540iA M62B44 4.4L V8 with M5.2 DME. EWS is disabled and bypassed, so it will not look for an EWS system. BMW E38 ( 740i / 740iL ), engine M62B44 BMW E39 ( 540i / 540iA ), engine M62B44 BMW E31 ( 840i / 840Ci ) BOSCH 0261203474 474 ECU DME PCM ECM

Comment

I sent dudmd a DME from a manual trans 1995 OBD1 540 to have EWS emulator installed. It worked for a while but quit after starting the car 75-100 times... called him sent it back up to him to repair/or reset in his words. Did the same thing died again I called Demitry again and sent DME back to him. I never got it back
                    I paid for the initial install and told him I'd pay for his time to fix etc.

I needed this manual DME for calif BAR certification because the automatic DME shows a CANBUS fault code when used w/ manual trans..and fails

UPS showed package being delivered. I called numerous times never heard from him again . Finally gave up. I'm still PO'd. manual DME was hard to find and pricey
                    So buyer beware. If you get ahold of dimitry please inquire about my DME
                    Thanks in advance
                    Last edited by 36brua; 01-02-2017, 09:39 PM. Reason: Add info
                    My CA legal M60 swap

The happening in our garage

Comment

Working...
                    X