This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Southeast General chatter

I got a little jealous of the cali boys and the Pacific NW fellers and wanted a Southeast chat thread. Here it is.

Hey guys n girls! How's it goin?
    Originally posted by Andy.B
    Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
    1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    I was born on 3/25…
    ~~~~~~~~~~

I just read this thread about CAtuned and I'm very befuddled as to why it was locked. Anyone have any ideas?
    Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    I was born on 3/25…
    ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Yay.. our own chat thread!

Looks like Igor found the missing cores and issued the refund so it was closed to keep people from speculating about the situation anymore now that its resolved.

Comment

It seemed to me the speculation was over, people were still just stating their opinions like on every other thread on r3v that remains open. It seems a bit quick to me. I think it should have stayed open, free speech and murica and y'all and things.
        ~~~~~~~~~~
        I was born on 3/25…
        ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I am not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow after ten days in Florida, although my liver will be thanking me.
          Originally posted by kronus
          would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Im just here to break up the Tennessee domination.

What's up fella's? Nice crisp weather down here in ATL today.
            Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
            The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Beautiful day in Florida, Alabama and Tennessee too. Wish I hadn't spent half of its daylight hours in the car.

Comment

Yeah, today was fricking super. Filled the vert with groceries and cruised hard.
                ~~~~~~~~~~
                I was born on 3/25…
                ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Ether-D View Post
                  I just read this thread about CAtuned and I'm very befuddled as to why it was locked. Anyone have any ideas?
                  Seemed like Catuned contacted the mods and requested for it to be closed. No profanity, nobody bashing any companies,
                  just people trying to get to the bottom of a situation; I can't think of a real reason as why to lock the thread. I find it suspicious
                  though that the customer had to go thru 3 weeks of constant emails/phone calls/contact with ups & nothing was done
                  on their end to resolve it.

However, soon as the thread was made, the cores were then magically found within hours & the situation was resolved.
                  Probably because they saw how many potential customers they were losing

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

Who locked the thread?

Sent from my Samsung Note 4
                    '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
                    '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

Originally posted by AbsorbantNut View Post
                      Seemed like Catuned contacted the mods and requested for it to be closed. No profanity, nobody bashing any companies,
                      just people trying to get to the bottom of a situation; I can't think of a real reason as why to lock the thread. I find it suspicious
                      though that the customer had to go thru 3 weeks of constant emails/phone calls/contact with ups & nothing was done

However, soon as the thread was made, the cores were then magically found within hours & the situation was resolved.
                      Still never got a personal apology from the guy either.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AbsorbantNut View Post
                        just people trying to get to the bottom of a situation; I can't think of a real reason as why to lock the thread.
                        I find it suspicious

That's the way I felt too. Sponsorship lobbying. Just like real life, cash is king. People can shit on someone for "overpaying" for a 91 318is indefinitely, but that thread about a sponsor gets shut down and swept under the rug almost instantly.

Also, Florida_Dirt, you gotta link your thread to CAtuned's feedback thread. That way it will be seen. It shouldn't disappear.
                        Last edited by Ether-D; 09-14-2015, 09:33 AM.
                        ~~~~~~~~~~
                        I was born on 3/25…
                        ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Ether-D View Post
                          That's the way I felt too. Sponsorship lobbying. Just like real life, cash is king. People can shit on someone for "overpaying" for a 91 318is indefinitely, but that thread about a sponsor gets shut down and swept under the rug almost instantly.

Also, Florida_Dirt, you gotta link your thread to CAtuned's feedback thread. That way it will be seen. It shouldn't disappear.
                          This

Sent from my Samsung Note 4
                          '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
                          '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

Today was my first day back in the office since 9/2, so naturally I requested more time off.

Comment

It's good when one loves his job…
                              ~~~~~~~~~~
                              I was born on 3/25…
                              ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                              X