Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OFFICIAL: Toyota SUV/truck thread

Just for you ST1Ggy. <3

But really....customer just picked up his car and he was driving his 97 FJ80....

I think I'm in love.

That 1FZ-FE.....om nom....

Tawlk at me. Convert me.
    1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

i have a truck with a 22RE. does that count?

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
    Ig:ryno_pzk
    I like the tuna here.
    Originally posted by lambo
    Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

22RE here too, but I'd take a 1FZ-FE Land Cruiser any day to add to the collection.

91 318is Members' Rides Thread

Comment

I wish trading my Disco for an FJ80 was feasible. I was looking at them before buying the Disco... though none were in my price range. Now that I bought a car there's 10 for sale all in my price range.

I will own one some day!
        -Alex

Comment

I have a 97 4Runner Limited 4x4 with the factory e-Locker. :) Love the thing.

I had one axle seal go out and it was repaired over 100K ago. Two timing belts in it's history. One water pump at 220K when I did the second belt. Replaced the radiator at 220K for insurance and at 180K I bypassed the factory transmission cooler for an external one. This prevents the "strawberry milkshake" that occurs when the transmission cooler at the bottom of the factory radiator splits.

After 229K it has finally developed bad front wheel bearings. That and retrofit some new seats into it.

Oh, it has a mild lift. Tundra TRD struts up font and Deaver coils (when they sold them) in the rear. Been a fantastic truck.
          Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
          Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
          Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

My dad has a 95 fzj80 with factory front & rear lockers full floating rear axle that inline 6 is more powerful and 10 times more reliable than that pos Buick 215 Land rover what?
            1989 BMW 325is Lachsilber metallic 5 speed
            2007 BMW 335i KARMESINROT 6 Speed manual
            2011 BMW X5 35I

Comment

Originally posted by Kevinl View Post
              My dad has a 95 fzj80 with factory front & rear lockers full floating rear axle that inline 6 is more powerful and 10 times more reliable than that pos Buick 215 Land rover what?
              So I see, lol. I thought they had V8s.....the 4.5l I6 makes the I6 lover in me get all tingly....

If the Rover(s) ever decide to violate me....I know where I'm going for my next 4x4.

Comment

Toyota truck tax > e30 tax. Sold this to get my cabrio and had around 1k left over. But I moved to the city and no longer needed a 4x4. I was going to buy a Miata but couldn't deal with only two seats. I hated selling this. It had a full and complete service history going back to day one AND was a rare long bed truck. With A/C! I had nightmares for months, most of which involved driving to the new owner's house and stealing it back...

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

I look forward to the day that I get my own Tacoma 4x4 extended cab. But until then, I will drool over the ones here.
                  Owner - Bavarian Restoration
                  BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
                  www.BavRest.com
                  My Feedback Thread
                  Our Facebook!
                  Follow our Instagram!

Comment

This is the engine the later model 80 series use it is a 4.5 liter Dohc 24 valve I6 it makes 212 hp & 275 lb ft

To me its begging for a turbo I bet it can make some serious power like its little brother the 2jz
                    1989 BMW 325is Lachsilber metallic 5 speed
                    2007 BMW 335i KARMESINROT 6 Speed manual
                    2011 BMW X5 35I

Comment

So... I really want to build a prerunner 4runner...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevinl View Post
                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_FZ_engine

This is the engine the later model 80 series use it is a 4.5 liter Dohc 24 valve I6 it makes 212 hp & 275 lb ft

To me its begging for a turbo I bet it can make some serious power like its little brother the 2jz
                        That motor is a heavy beast. Horrible fuel mileage too. But turbo...that's the best thing to make that engine come alive.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Y U drawing me in......

Comment

oh dude I would totally get another one. But make sure you get the right one the first time because they're all good and you don't wanna be looking at the guy with the first gen 4runner wishing you were him but thinking you can't switch because the truck's been too reliable.

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
                              oh dude I would totally get another one. But make sure you get the right one the first time because they're all good and you don't wanna be looking at the guy with the first gen 4runner wishing you were him but thinking you can't switch because the truck's been too reliable.
                              + infinity

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Working...
                              X