Classifieds Support Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Classifieds Support Thread

As you have seen on the announcement we have partnered with Panjo to make buying and selling items on R3V easier and safer. I've received notes from folks over the years with shady buyers, sellers and it was time to upgrade us from a simple for sale marketplace so something that is more designed around an eBay like model.

Here is the announcement

Today, R3VLimited is launching a partnership with Panjo to provide a big update to the classifieds. The legacy classifieds subforums remain unchanged. Members can continue to browse and reply to classifieds threads as always.

Starting today, sellers get a new dashboard to manage listings and feedback in the R3VLimited community marketplace. Buyers get new tools to browse, sort, filter, and set alerts for WTS and WTB items. It remains free to list. If a buyer and seller optionally wish to use the integrated payment transfer tools, there is a 6.9% transaction fee which helps fund the R3VLimited web site. A points system puts cash in your pocket for creating listings, buying, and selling. You can redeem the points for cash back rebates on R3VLimited community marketplace purchases.

Ready to turn great E30 parts into cash? Sell an item in the new, integrated marketplace.
    Want to get weekly email newsletters with a digest of new listings? Follow the new R3VLimited community marketplace.
    Need help with the new marketplace tools? Email: support@panjo.com.

If you have any concerns or comments please place them in this thread, or you can contact panjo directly with the details above!

Thank you,

--James

To determine if it's worthwhile to use the integrated payment tools I'd like to know how much of the sale fees will go directly to r3vlimited?

As to old sale threads, will recycling old threads for new sales be discouraged/disallowed?

Comment

Great. Now I can't post WTB/FS threads at work -_-
      No antenna? I sell plugs!

Here: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...77#post4937877

Comment

I respect the right to monetize this site but if nothing else other than as a courtesy, some kind of heads up would have been nice. I'm personally not very fond of mandatory sign ups and I don't know panjo from a hole in the wall.

Just my 2c
        Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
        Alice the Time Capsule
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
        87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Originally posted by Nick's e30 View Post
          Great. Now I can't post WTB/FS threads at work -_-
          domain blocked?

Comment

Originally posted by jeffnhiscars View Post
            I respect the right to monetize this site but if nothing else other than as a courtesy, some kind of heads up would have been nice. I'm personally not very fond of mandatory sign ups and I don't know panjo from a hole in the wall.

Just my 2c
            We reached out to random folks to test the waters, I also talked to many bimmerforums members to determine if the move is worth it.

Monetary values aside, its also to ensure we provide a safe place for members to buy and sell, on a weekly basis (just about) I get contacted by members who have had issues with sellers / buyers, slow shipping, misrepresented, etc, and frankly with what I do for a living I didn't have the time to play judge, so with Panjo handling that for me it makes my life easier and provides a greater experience (in my mind) to the users.

Sorry if we caught you off-guard, it was not the intent by any means

Comment

Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post
              domain blocked?
              Yeah. If it holds buyers and sellers more accountable, great, I'm all for it. IT must see how much time I spend on here, surprised the whole damn site isn't blocked for me.

An aside, so if I still choose to use Paypal, this doesn't cost me a dime? Just business as usual, but post will originate through Panjo or something like that? I've never heard of this and don't plan on giving personal information to something I don't trust.
              No antenna? I sell plugs!

Here: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...77#post4937877

Comment

Originally posted by Nick's e30 View Post
                Yeah. If it holds buyers and sellers more accountable, great, I'm all for it. IT must see how much time I spend on here, surprised the whole damn site isn't blocked for me.

An aside, so if I still choose to use Paypal, this doesn't cost me a dime? Just business as usual, but post will originate through Panjo or something like that? I've never heard of this and don't plan on giving personal information to something I don't trust.
                Yeah you nailed it on the head, If you want to use Panjo for payment yes it has a percentage, otherwise its free per the norm. Obviously using Panjo helps us out, so I will of course encourage it, but will in now was discourage other forms of payment, its all about user experience!

I called a few sites when Panjo and I first started talking, spoke to a few people and the overall impression was good.

That being said, I get it, so use it how you wish, the overall functionality is the same

Comment

We reached out to random folks to test the waters, I also talked to many bimmerforums members to determine if the move is worth it.

Monetary values aside, its also to ensure we provide a safe place for members to buy and sell, on a weekly basis (just about) I get contacted by members who have had issues with sellers / buyers, slow shipping, misrepresented, etc, and frankly with what I do for a living I didn't have the time to play judge, so with Panjo handling that for me it makes my life easier and provides a greater experience (in my mind) to the users.

Sorry if we caught you off-guard, it was not the intent by any means
                  I did not intend to suggest the move was ill intended. I'm a business guy so I get it. The other side of the coin though is that I offer a product at as cheap a price as I can to provide something affordable to the community. Not to say I'm losing money but to keep it simple, I include PayPal and shipping costs.

This may push me to another price point IF I sign up which is one reason I've stayed off eBay.
                  Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                  Alice the Time Capsule
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                  87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Will a thread be created in the relevant For Sale/Wanted forum when we make a posting on Panjo just like it does on bimmerforums? I made a wanted posting, however I don't see anything being posted on the actual forums.

Panjo's search is also very bad. Even if I tell it to restrict searching to r3vlimited only, I'm getting ebay auction results for WWE dolls when I search S52...

Comment

Any way we can get image size restriction lifted? Previously I would upload to an Imgur gallery which would auto-resize and I could post a link to a large-but-reasonable image for detail. As it is now, photos taken on modern smartphones will have to be individually resized in a photo editor before upload to Panjo. Not sure why Panjo doesn't have an auto-resize, both Craigslist and Ebay do.
                      sigpic
                      1991 325i Sport - Calypsorot Metallic - DAILY DRIVEN

WTB in SoCal: 8"/10" Lukebox, leather Sport steering wheel, 60L MotoMeter fuel gauge, Thule/Yakima roof rack

Comment

This whole decision doesn't sit well with me. So, not only was there no warning (other than to "random folks" and some members of another forum), but if it's "all about the user experience," why would the discussion about it only be opened up after the decision has already been made and the change has been implemented?

Yeah you nailed it on the head, If you want to use Panjo for payment yes it has a percentage, otherwise its free per the norm. Obviously using Panjo helps us out, so I will of course encourage it, but will in now was discourage other forms of payment, its all about user experience!
                        If it's about raising money for the forum, there are other options that the users might have preferred that work well on other enthusiast forums, like supporting memberships for example, but it's pointless to discuss other possibilities after the fact. If the users wanted a buying and selling experience that was more like eBay, then couldn't they have already taken all of their business to eBay?

Also, can you clarify the last part? As a seller, how would you choose to not use Panjo for payment the way it is set up now?

If a buyer and seller optionally wish to use the integrated payment transfer tools, there is a 6.9% transaction fee which helps fund the R3VLimited web site. A points system puts cash in your pocket for creating listings, buying, and selling. You can redeem the points for cash back rebates on R3VLimited community marketplace purchases.
                        Hmmm. Force people to use a new system if they want to keep buying and selling on your site, and then bribe the users with the users' own money to use the new system.

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                        To determine if it's worthwhile to use the integrated payment tools I'd like to know how much of the sale fees will go directly to r3vlimited?

As to old sale threads, will recycling old threads for new sales be discouraged/disallowed?
                        These are great questions that I would like to know the answers to as well!
                        1994 E30 316i Design Edition Touring / 1991 E30 318is / 1992 E34 M5
                        Instagram: @ro4d_runn3r

Comment

It looks like it's completely optional, so you can put down your pitchfork.
                          Originally posted by LJ851
                          I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by chadthestampede View Post
                            Maybe I'm missing something, then. How do you start a new for sale or WTB ad without going through Panjo since it's completely optional? Try starting a new thread in the classified section and see what happens.
                            1994 E30 316i Design Edition Touring / 1991 E30 318is / 1992 E34 M5
                            Instagram: @ro4d_runn3r

Comment

Originally posted by chadthestampede View Post
                              How do I start a new thread on the for sale forums then?

Comment

Working...
                              X