Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

European Car Dome Light options (junkyard finds)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

European Car Dome Light options (junkyard finds)

I hope I'm contributing to this forum, since its helped me along the way to e30 happiness...

first pic is the 85-86 mbz 190e dome light assembly. Second pic is from a Vdub corrado.

Both setups required hacking into your check panel (unless you have a plain one like me, in my M42 US spec).

A few minutes with a dremel makes quick work of the check panel "frame"

measure twice, cut once!

another view of the corrado setup. btw, you need to run 12v switched to and from the original dome light if you have the cheapo non-checking check panel.

Comment

mods feel free to move this if it belongs in the "lighting" section.

Comment

Interesting mod

Comment

Someone did this mod not to long ago, but i think they used lights out of a Chevy truck or something?

1992 BMW 325iC
          1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
          1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

I've never, in my 15 E30 years on earth, seen that before. Looks interesting
            Recent Rebranding!!
            Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
            E30 SM62/S62
            E30 M60 V8
            E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
            Instagram.com/garageaholic
            Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

thanks everyone... also forgot to mention that BOTH setups have a nice EURO texture to the lense, and look appropriate in the E30 interior. It pratically matches the texture of the crappy, dim OEM lights plastic.

Comment

nice find. I think I dig the VW one better. If I werent too attached to my German check panel I would be all over this.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
                  Someone did this mod not to long ago, but i think they used lights out of a Chevy truck or something?
                  Yup, sure did. I guess they both have ups and downs. The silverado is nice because it is really bright and fits perfectly in the hole so that you don't have to modify the check panel or anything. It also has 2 map lights that are actually aimed in the right place. The VW one looks good because the lenses are clear instead of white, but the mounting doesn't look quite as clean. The VW one really doean't look that bright, though...

Here's mine:

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Working...
                  X