No announcement yet.

Procrastination...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I'm thinking that if all goes well tomorrow I should be getting an alignment tomorrow afternoon. All thats left now is to spray the SEM chipguard, bleed the brakes, and a quick oil change.

The rear brakes ended up giving me trouble, imagine that... The rear carrier on the passenger side was bent ever so slightly. The upgraded Turner carrier bushings take up alot of the play between the caliper and the carrier. Because of this, they ended up binding and it was enough that I didnt want to have to deal with a sticking caliper. I ended up pulling the Turner bushings and returned to the dealer and picked up some OEM bushings and guide pins. This worked and everything is right in the world again.

Tonight I masked the car and tomorrow morning I will spray the SEM chip guard on the rocker panels.

Hopefully, barring anymore delays, I should have pictures of the car on the ground tomorrow night. Wish me luck...
    Originally posted by Simon S
    When a dream is a dream for too long - it becomes a fantasy..

Comment

Good progress and you'll be fine :) Loving the wheels as well.
      Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

yah good move on the carrier bushings... b/c e30 m3 carriers are impossible to find. i have been looking for about 6 weeks now with no luck. those style 5's are fuckin sweet. some variation of 17" BBS weaves are in the works on my e30 as well!
        IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
          yah good move on the carrier bushings... b/c e30 m3 carriers are impossible to find. i have been looking for about 6 weeks now with no luck. those style 5's are fuckin sweet. some variation of 17" BBS weaves are in the works on my e30 as well!
          Have you tried pricing new ones from the dealer? The only reason that I didnt go that route is I kind of f'd up the Turner brass bushing getting it out of the carrier. Send Blunt a PM for pricing, if its still available, he should be able to hook you up. Cant wait to see yours done and your wheel choice...

Comment

Looking sweet, can't wait to see some "finished" pics!

1987 E30 cabrio | Bumper swap | H&R Sport | Koni Yellow | Eibach Sways | BavAuto strut bar | Cardinal seats
            MTech2 wheel | Husco Armrest | Smoked Hella Smileys | 5k HID | Stromung | RS003
            | Shadowline | Amber Fogs | Too much else to list

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDuper View Post
              Have you tried pricing new ones from the dealer? The only reason that I didnt go that route is I kind of f'd up the Turner brass bushing getting it out of the carrier. Send Blunt a PM for pricing, if its still available, he should be able to hook you up. Cant wait to see yours done and your wheel choice...
              NLA... already talked to blunty...

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
                NLA... already talked to blunty...

:(

Comment

Originally posted by VacMan View Post
                  Looking sweet, can't wait to see some "finished" pics!
                  Haha, tune in this time next year, I might be close. I havent even started the turbo install yet...

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDuper View Post
                    Haha, tune in this time next year, I might be close. I havent even started the turbo install yet...
                    LOL. Hence the quotes. At least you'll be able to drive it around for a short time. :)

1987 E30 cabrio | Bumper swap | H&R Sport | Koni Yellow | Eibach Sways | BavAuto strut bar | Cardinal seats
                    MTech2 wheel | Husco Armrest | Smoked Hella Smileys | 5k HID | Stromung | RS003
                    | Shadowline | Amber Fogs | Too much else to list

Comment

great work

-
                      Project
                      Parts for Sale
                      Feedback
                      YouTube Channel

Comment

Finally.

Spent the lat 2 days in the garage working on the car and sweating my balls off. Everything went pretty smooth except for a bad bleed screw on the left rear caliper. Once I figured that out, the brakes were a piece of cake to bleed.

I also got the new tie rods installed and have an appointment in the morning for an alignment. Also got the front sway bar in with GC links.

and here she is, first time on the ground in over a year!

and after taking her for a short drive...

I'm going to drive it for a while before I start anything else. I'll tinker with the interior a little bit and get the windows tinted next week. I have a mini project with my dd that I want to get started on this weekend...

Comment

wheres the baller wheels??

looks great. i CANT wait to get my e30 back on the ground.

Comment

It looks tits! Great job! And a funny plate lol
                            Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Hot damn, that's some great work. Amazing car all around. Staggered Style 5's right?
                              Originally posted by BillBrasky
                              E36's are the Stephen Baldwin of the 3 series family. They barely hold everything together and they only sold a lot because of the popularity of their older sibling.
                              1991 318i Alpine II - S50/5-lug swapped - track car
                              1989 325i Cirrusblau - Daily
                              1970 2500 - Malaga over Grey Cloth
                              2012 F350 6.7PSD

Comment

those are e38 wheels.

damnit makes me miss my old car. fuck.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X