Ever Seen a 370mm Tech 1 Wheel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever Seen a 370mm Tech 1 Wheel?

Well now you have! For those of you who don't know, there are two versions of the tech 1 wheel. The 380mm, and the 370mm. The 380mm is the most common. Up until now I've only seen 1 picture of a 370mm tech 1 wheel before and never in person. It isn't NLA or hard to get, it's just expensive..... but totally worth it.

The wheel looks awesome. It has that flat leather look rather than my old wheel has that leather that's been soaked in re-conditioner and product. It may look like a very small difference but it feels way nicer in the hands. It doesn't feel like driving a school bus anymore. By far the best part about it is the smell. It smells like new-car smell, which is new leather. The smell reminds me of the time me and my dad went to the BMW Welt in Munich. The whole place smelled like new leather because of all the newest models...
    The wheel also came with a new hex nut and a little pamphlet all in german.
    I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking, although they really don't do it justice...

Here is the pamphlet along with the new hex bolt on the left and the old one on the right. The only English word I made out was BMW Motorsport

380mm on left and 370mm on right

Now for those of you who don't know, the visual way you can tell the difference between the 370mm and the 380mm is the left and right handles. On the 380mm, there is a gap between the leather and the center, on the 370mm, there isn't a gap.

380mm

370mm

380mm

370mm

380mm on left 370mm on right

The sizes in inches are roughly 15"=380mm

And 14.5"=370mm

The bottom of this is centimeters and for you math wizards you can figure out how to go from centimeters to millimeters *Hint*= Multiply by 10

looks great, how much was it?

7speedshop.com

Comment

I hate you so much.
      "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Dayum, nice score!

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
        RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Originally posted by kamotors View Post
          looks great, how much was it?
          do you reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally want to know? :)

$330 shipped. Completely worth IMO

Comment

So, many, pictures... Cool wheel it's small, I hope you're power steering works.
            -Erik
            '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
            I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Does that 1/2 an inch really feel that much different...?

The large tech 1 wheel (what I have) sucks.
              Originally posted by z31maniac
              I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

very nice

-
                Project
                Parts for Sale
                Feedback
                YouTube Channel

Comment

your mod list would blow up r3v..

so much shit going on in that little e30!

Comment

money buys happiness
                    Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
                    http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Wow, I am very jealous, that wheel looks soo much better than the stock wheel and even the m-tech 1 wheel. Btw where did you get that shift boot with the red and white stripes? Or was it custom?

Comment

Originally posted by mukkman View Post
                        Wow, I am very jealous, that wheel looks soo much better than the stock wheel and even the m-tech 1 wheel. Btw where did you get that shift boot with the red and white stripes? Or was it custom?
                        It was ebay. I kind of feel like a poser with it though so eventually I'm buying stock ones for the shifter and ebrake

Comment

I admire your dedication to the things most people wont notice and others will call meaningless. you could have just gotten a "lip and a drop" with that money but now your being different from everybody and they don't even know it. mad props to you and don't stop.
                          Strategic Alpine Command:...sig loading

Comment

looks a ton better. your interior looks great also.

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

I won't mock the purchase because I understand its importance to someone in to that kind of thing, but IMO $330 for a 1/2" difference in your steering wheel is asinine.

But its your car and your money. I'd be lying if I said it didn't look amazing too.

Comment

Working...
                              X