My list so far, anything else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My list so far, anything else?

OK so I have the S52 and full donor car will all OBD2 wiring/exhaust etc. Going to stay OBD2 but havent decided about deleting secondary air pump,EWS, 2 rear O2's but I digress

E34 oil, pan, pump and dipstick
    325ix booster and 735 master
    Mishimoto radiator
    That is whats ordered, next is what I want to order for swap/maintainence
    Later E30 resivoir and lines for radiator
    E30 upper radiator mount ( I have a 87 and dont think I have this
    E30 CCB
    E36 Guibo
    E34 oil pan gasket
    E34 dipstick o-ring
    E36 metal water pump
    E36 alum thermo housing
    Fan delete
    16" pusher fan
    M50 manifold and monifold swap parts
    E28 Green mounts
    E21 tranny mounts
    Either do wiring or cheat with Tree house
    Treehouse Cab's to clear the OBD2 center section, I have newer offset cabs but apparently cant use them
    some type of muffler like stromung/supersprint, want a nice sound but not obnoxious
    Do I need the 318 DME chassis?

What else can you guys reccomend or see that I am missing, need to put in a order with Blunt real soon.

Oh yeah and S14 harness cover

Comment

you dont NEED the 318 dme plates, it just cleans it up. Im assuming you will be using the ZF, which means you will need a 2.93-3.46 diff. You will also need an e34 throttle cable, a remote res unless you mount the booster directly to the firewall, and you should atleast do new main seals.
      -Alex

Comment

I thought I could use the E36 throttle cable, what is a good remote res to use? Buing new anyhow, ah yes I forgot about the diff, anyone have a 3:25 (think thats the best option with the ZF)

Comment

if you wanna be cheap(like me) you can use a remote reservoir from a mid 90s dsm car talon or eclipse, the fittings even fit

Comment

do I really need a remote res? I heard the 2002 one is good, I know someone here is running that.

Comment

if you want to run the ix booster you'll have to run a remote reservoir because the MC will be right next to the intake elbow, if not then treehouse racing makes already modified 320 boosters. I dont know about the 2002 though, you'll have to search that one. Also depending what tranny you're goign to be using, it'd be a good idea to get a new pilot bearing too. here's a pic of my DSM setup.

Comment

Might just order a whole new clutch kit while it's out, I also got a single mass flywheel, had it lightened up and resurfaced too. I also ordered Bimmerworld silicon rad hoses but those aren't a necessity.
                sigpic

Comment

what JJ said, also your list will probably keep growing as you go along with your swap....

Comment

Clutch was done 3K ago, I think I have my list pretty weel planned but I am sure I will come up with more stuff, Just ordered my UUC race SSK per reccomendation of Jordan.

Comment

Originally posted by tonytony View Post
                      what JJ said, also your list will probably keep growing as you go along with your swap....
                      I know mine did...lol. Did all my research and thought I had at least all major parts and got into it, and shit, we need this and that. Also all sorts of stupid bolts you don't think of that hold stuff up.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X