Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I buy a diecast e30 model that is NOT AN M3???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look at this thing, pretty fucking cool.

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

Die-cast models suck ass, anyway. Legit plastic kits are the only way to go. The only time I spend money on anything die-cast is if they're Hot Wheels (or another good quality brand).

Comment

Reminds me I need to buy some stompers.
        Originally posted by Matt-B
        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by dkbmxer002 View Post
          i found that funny too.
          If you're die-cast car collector you are into 1/24 or 1/18 scale, not Minichamps, dipshits. You could argue that Hotwheels or Matchbox cars are die-cast because they are, but that's not what the OP was referring to.

Comment

There is an 1:18th scale non M e30. I think it's the body only. I'll have to do some searching on here. Cause it's posted somewhere.

1992 BMW 325iC
            1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
            1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
              Die-cast models suck ass, anyway. Legit plastic kits are the only way to go.
              I agree. I've been waiting for Tamiya to come out with a plastic 1/24 e30 kit for a long time.

I've seen the body only 1/18 e30 also, but if I remember correctly it's resin rather than die-cast.

Comment

Found the thread. http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=155778

edit: oh wait, it's also the op's thread!

1992 BMW 325iC
                1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by Ryann View Post
                  If you're die-cast car collector you are into 1/24 or 1/18 scale, not Minichamps

i agree but there are ones out there like johnny lightning that are of a higher quality and of more value than the typical hot wheel. so i still find it funny.

i prefer a plastic 1:24 scale.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryann View Post
                    If you're die-cast car collector you are into 1/24 or 1/18 scale, not Minichamps, dipshits. You could argue that Hotwheels or Matchbox cars are die-cast because they are, but that's not what the OP was referring to.
                    Toyota Pickup

Comment

nah.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hot wheels 325 Project.

The HW car actually is more like an M3 with a 325is rear spoiler, with flares and all, but the back window and decklid are 325is.

So I got to work with jewelers files, to shave down the M3 flares, and cut some 325 wheel arches into the body. Its actually coming along pretty good. this is about 2 hours of work, just hanging out in the garage listening to music and filing and sanding.

Still a little bit of flare towards the bottom, but I have narrowed the body almost 4mm already. Its getting there.
                        Last edited by Hellabad; 10-27-2010, 04:11 PM.
                        Here is my photo gallery answering common questions about Ground Control Suspension, and e30 suspension problems in general.
                        Ground Control Gallery

The Ground Control facebook page: Dragged, kicking and screaming into social media to see what happens next.
                        Ground Control facebook page

Comment

More:

After finishing removing the flares, I had to narrow the track.
                          I used wheels and axles from another HW, that are the same look as the in-real-life car that is being reproduced.

I had to sand out the inside of the body to lower the car.
                          Attached Files
                          Here is my photo gallery answering common questions about Ground Control Suspension, and e30 suspension problems in general.
                          Ground Control Gallery

The Ground Control facebook page: Dragged, kicking and screaming into social media to see what happens next.

Comment

More:

From a digital pic of the front of the IRL e30, I used paintshop to print teeny foglights and brake ducts onto thin paper, and glued them to the front spoiler. I also did this with the front and rear license plates.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Hellabad; 05-15-2012, 10:17 AM. Reason: 1228
                            Ground Control Gallery

Comment

You sir, are doing it right.
                              sigpic

Originally Said by Bob Marley
                              "BMW make pure trouble!"

Comment

Nice work

I've always been proud of being a Marine.
                                I won't hesitate to defend the Corps
                                "Supersquad"

‎"Prostitutes are a sub-category of Amusement Parks"-

Comment

Working...
                                X