Finally got my alarm installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got my alarm installed

Took me a hell of a time to find one with a key-fob that I liked. Yet nobody had anything that appealed to me.

I scoured ebay and came across this one, its a "Venom Alarm" However the internal guts appear to be Code Alarm/Audiovox.

Only thing it did not have was paging, but it does everything else I want. Plus it has a pretty damn high quality pop-out key-fob.

Getting the key cut tomorrow, got all the alarm features hooked up today.

So yeah, its as OEM as I could find without getting an external keyfob.

got a link/price to the system? i'm very interested
    ________
    Free jcpenney gift card
    Last edited by Gr00v3; 05-12-2011, 11:16 AM.

m42brigade

r3v Photo Crew: Founding Member

Originally posted by Eurospeed
    Guys like him are the reason I love it when people do things to their cars that are different. It just like anytime Karlo posts a thread with pics of his car, I love watching all the elitist pricks on this site shit their pants when they see an E30 that doesn't fit their standards.

Comment

That's so savage! i want one.

Comment

Here is a link to it

Mine was a tad different then the picture, the siren was a much higher quality unit.

it also works with our power locks without relays/diodes which is nice.

Comment

James, I want to be a dealer for that alarm...no one here has anything like it. Would you get me any kind of manufacturer info you can, please? Even FCC ID would help.

Any R3v'ers that buy from me in a GB will get these for 10% over my cost, plus shipping, in a 1 time deal.

I just bet that cost will be under $80 on these....James, for hooking me up I will do something for you in the future.

Luke

Closing SOON!
          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Hey Luke.

its dark outside, but I have the box inside.

It states Model DJ-M208RD47 (with a check next to it stating my model)

Side of box has the FCC ID # of KC2 M258

Top of box states Venom Alarm, Poisonous Protection.

The actual alarm ecu itself only has a unique keyfob remote ID on teh back, however when I get back from my biz trip *should be back wed* I can yank the PCB out again and see if I can dig up a FCC ID from the PCB itself.

EDIT: FCC ID Result

Comment

you and your stock eta...

Comment

The old links were broken.. is this the same system you bought off ebay? Are you still happy with it? How has the key held up?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MERCE...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

I put this system in my car and works like a charm
                  http://www.unitedautosecurity.com/pr...=2&main_catid=

cutting the key was a bit tricky since the "blank" that comes with the remote(s) is not a 100% match to our original keys so some skilled dremel work is required

installation is 3 out of 5. just a pain to be upside down looking for wires near the kick panel and under the steering column.
                  instructions were very clear and easy to follow.

Sean

Comment

Working...
                  X