Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peytonracer4 View Post
    what are the advantages to doing this?
    also, if i could find some green injectors from an m50 are they worth getting?
    i'm pretty sure i could go get some from the junk yard.
    would you want them? should i use some? i really don't know anything about injectors.
    Well, faulty injectors will have similar effect to faulty spark plugs. So if one is overflowing or under performing than you will have poor idle and less power.
    Also, the air/fuel ratio is set knowing the rate of the injectors. So if you have the m50 green injectors, than they will have to do about 155cc per minute. If your injectors are clogged, they will deliver less and you will loose performance.

Very common for the 1st gen injectors (715) on the E30 is the leaking fuel in closed mode. That makes your engine burn more fuel and get poor mpg. I rarely see ultrasound help with this issue so a replacement is necessary. So far this is the only cause i've seen to replace the m20 injectors.

The other thing to mention, is that you have a fuel filter on the way to the fuel rail. That filter is replaceable. But there are tiny basket filters in the fuel injector. Those get clogged and need replaced.

The ultrasound bath will clean the clogging from the internal needle. What is also important is that the needle needs to be activated in close/open position for the deposits to go away. So my machine activates them at different rpms in the ultrasonic bath.

The o-rings will rotten with time. They are too close to the head of the engine and heat deteriorates the rubber in the seals. Those need replacement too. The top o-rings will leak fuel and it's easy to notice. However they are colder than the bottom o-rings, and the bottom ones usually leak air. That air is not calculated by the MAF sensor.

If you have over 100k on the engine - do it. Not sure what the suggested mfg replacement period is. But 100k seems about right.

- New Basket filters will increase flow
    - New top o-rings will prevent fuel leaks
    - New bottom o-rings will stop air leaks and keep better vacuum
    - Ultrasonic bath will get rid of the deposits on the needle and jets
    - Flushing the injectors with good degreaser is an awesome thing. Forget about pouring it in the fuel tank, by the time that gets to the injector it looses it's effect.

I usually let them soak for about 1 hour before test them. It helps cleaning them.

And finally, i check the flow rate. I usually have some spares, so if you have uneven flow, i can replace them with a different one.
    Last edited by MEPEH; 10-30-2012, 11:28 PM.
    Get your Injectors Cleaned HERE

Comment

what are the advantages to doing this?
      also, if i could find some green injectors from an m50 are they worth getting?
      i'm pretty sure i could go get some from the junk yard.
      would you want them? should i use some? i really don't know anything about injectors.
      Regarding your other questions.
      Not sure if it's worth getting the m50 injectors, i don't know hat car you have, so that might be a downgrade :) If you have an E30, than the difference is mentioned in the above posts. Here

You can get them at the junkyard. But i think they want 80$ for a set of 6 injectors. And you need about 30min, and tools to take them out.

I can sell those for 60$ cleaned, tested and matched. I'll ship them for free too.
      If you do get some at the yard for cheap, i'll buy them at 3$ a piece :).

Comment

Originally posted by fronton View Post
        Just wanted to report that I put the cleaned injectors in today and the difference is truly night and day. Smoothness I have never known. BEST DEAL ever. Second batch being sent in shortly.
        Here's the results of the second batch
        M5 E34
        Rated at 230 cc/min
        Final results @ ~228 cc/min

Before the refresh

Cooked Pintle Cap

Old parts removed. O-rings, Basket Filters and Pintle Caps

Ultrasound

Getting the new parts

Dressed UP

Flushing the injectors (VIDEO)

Final flow test (VIDEO)
        Last edited by MEPEH; 10-30-2012, 11:42 PM.

Comment

can you clean e46 fuel injectors? do you have the screen and o rings for those as well? not really sure if they're the same
          if so, i might be sending you my e46 and e30 injectors

Comment

can you clean e46 fuel injectors? do you have the screen and o rings for those as well? not really sure if they're the same
            if so, i might be sending you my e46 and e30 injectors
            It's the same repair kit.
            I can do those too

Comment

Limited Offer - Upgrade your E30 injectors to E36 for 50$ (shipped to CON US)

No more sets available
              Last edited by MEPEH; 12-02-2012, 05:27 PM.

Comment

I have a 1986 Euro-spec E30 VIN 1559399 with an M20B20, L-Jetronic. It runs crazy rich and idles badly. I'm about to park it for the winter but come spring it'd be nice to have nice clean sparkly injectors.

Here's a series of silly questions, feel free to reply with an eye-roll gif:
                (Thanks to my daughters clear young eyes) the existing injector pn is 0280 150 0160 .
                Real OEM says 13641726989 which seems to cross to quite a few Bosch numbers, 0126, 0133, even 0716?

Can you sell me nice clean replacements?
                I'd like to keep the ones that are in the car so that in spring I'd start the car on the old ones, then swap in yours so that I'm dealing with known conditions. (See what I mean? Change one thing at a time - big change is first start, if I complcate that with new injectors that the car never previously ran on, I'd have doubts.) I'm quite willing to pay a core charge.

If I buy them now would they still be OK come April?
                There's a site in the UK that will clean injectors but they say not to leave them on the shelf too long.

Will you ship US mail to Canada?

The impedance question: The injectors complete the ground path, the ECU sends a current and the injectors open for the period that the current exists. Do the various impedances listed for the injectors under pn 13641726989 actually, um, matter?

I think my 2.0 litre probably can't use as much fuel and air as everybody else's 2.5's, so I think a low rate injector might be best?

Thank you for doing what you do. I hope you make money off it, and my wallet is willing to contribute.

Freezing rain forecast for tomorrow, sure as little green apples they're going to salt the streets tonight. LA sounds good.

Comment

Hmm... can I swap E36 injectors onto my ETA engine? Apparently the injectors my car uses have low impedance which rules out many swaps.
                  Newb to all the things.

Comment

Originally posted by SubDad View Post
                    I have a 1986 Euro-spec E30 VIN 1559399 with an M20B20, L-Jetronic. It runs crazy rich and idles badly. I'm about to park it for the winter but come spring it'd be nice to have nice clean sparkly injectors.

Here's a series of silly questions, feel free to reply with an eye-roll gif:
                    (Thanks to my daughters clear young eyes) the existing injector pn is 0280 150 0160 .
                    Real OEM says 13641726989 which seems to cross to quite a few Bosch numbers, 0126, 0133, even 0716?

Can you sell me nice clean replacements?
                    I'd like to keep the ones that are in the car so that in spring I'd start the car on the old ones, then swap in yours so that I'm dealing with known conditions. (See what I mean? Change one thing at a time - big change is first start, if I complcate that with new injectors that the car never previously ran on, I'd have doubts.) I'm quite willing to pay a core charge.

If I buy them now would they still be OK come April?
                    There's a site in the UK that will clean injectors but they say not to leave them on the shelf too long.

Will you ship US mail to Canada?

The impedance question: The injectors complete the ground path, the ECU sends a current and the injectors open for the period that the current exists. Do the various impedances listed for the injectors under pn 13641726989 actually, um, matter?

I think my 2.0 litre probably can't use as much fuel and air as everybody else's 2.5's, so I think a low rate injector might be best?

Thank you for doing what you do. I hope you make money off it, and my wallet is willing to contribute.

Freezing rain forecast for tomorrow, sure as little green apples they're going to salt the streets tonight. LA sounds good.
                    Those injectors you have are low impedance. And swaps are really limited.
                    I have a set of ...126 part number that I'm working on. I had to go through 12 injectors to get a good working set of 6 and I still can't get one of them to match the flow rate.
                    These injectors are a PITA to bring back to life but I assume the results are pretty significant once installed.

I get "new" injectors every weekend and will try to keep those low impedance and make sets of 6.

Regarding the impedance question. Remember that the impulse from the ECU has a time parameter. X milliseconds to open. This is where the impedance plays role and different resistance will result in different time frame for it to be open. Plus, whatever relay there is in the ecu that actuates the injector is designed for a specific resistance

I don't recommend keeping them on shelf for too long. I see a lot of resellers advertising that their injectors are fresh off the machine. I think it's related to the moisture they are exposed to and 8n a few months there might be corrosion on the coil or the fuel path.

Weather is great in southern california. Just about to start working on my mercedes. Though a hot tea sounds better than a cold beer. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Timp View Post
                      Hmm... can I swap E36 injectors onto my ETA engine? Apparently the injectors my car uses have low impedance which rules out many swaps.
                      Yes resistance must be matched.
                      The deal mostly applies to people with ...715 bosch part number

Comment

its probably too early for real world results on the e36 injectors in m20 engines. I was wondering the difference in mpg mostly. Very interested in replacing both my m42 and m20 injectors
                        Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
                        http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

>> Impedance - got it. Thanks.

PM sent, effectively: "Yes, please."
                          And if the new injectors arrive in the dead of winter I'll pretend I'm back at my old job, suit up, and install them in the howling winds of winter.

In cool weather one should drink beer the colour of tea.

Comment

Originally posted by ///M42 sport View Post
                            its probably too early for real world results on the e36 injectors in m20 engines. I was wondering the difference in mpg mostly. Very interested in replacing both my m42 and m20 injectors
                            The specs on the 0280150715 (m20) and 0280150415(e36) are equal.
                            It's basically an OEM upgrade. I doubt you'll get the same 715 injectors if you service them at the dealer.
                            You normally install the best generation available with the same specs.

Both injectors are rated at 156 cc/min and have the same coil resistance.
                            So far i've only heard positive reviews about the swap, that's why the deal is on. Not sure how much the reviewers care about the mpg, but i assume it shouldn't change

Comment

I received a set of Blue 0280 150 715
                              Results are great

Last edited by MEPEH; 11-18-2012, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Here's a video for the upgraded 0280150415 injectors.
                                This set goes to canada and performed with great results. Hope our brother enjoys the upgrade.

Rated at 156cc/min the final result should show a hairline below 40 mark in 15 sec :)

Comment

Working...
                                X