No announcement yet.

Screens in an e30 anyone?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is how I have my 7" screenmounted in my car.
    PS2 in glovebox with controller extensions mounted into the center console

Works well. just very bright at night.

Looks good! Doing the work yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by e30evolution
      I've got like 5 yards of the stuff
      If only I had read that last week! Hehe, I just ordered some from Japan. If it isnt the right weave to match my pods I might be hitting you up. Are you going to the e30 picnic?

Originally posted by DarkWing6
      You could put gauges in where the radio used to be. That way you do not have to delete teh air ducts, but you get them in a good visable spot.
      I actually hadnt thought of that. If I go turbo or stroker that'll be the winner. For now I ordered a single disc slave DVD player for the whole system. I used the new Alpine vehicle hub, its sick! All the controls through the touchscreen.

Originally posted by f u z z
      those carbonn pods are pure sex!
      Thanks man! I know, they weren't 100% what I wanted but close enough :) I'm obsessive compulsive, haha!

Originally posted by KangamangusDriver
      That is how I have my 7" screenmounted in my car.
      PS2 in glovebox with controller extensions mounted into the center console

Works well. just very bright at night.

Looks good! Doing the work yourself?
      Doing most of it myself, except laying the carbon fiber. The rest I do.

PS2 eh? I have been debating on carputer or a sexbox 360 with wireless controllers.

I have mine hooked up to a light sensative module so it automatically dims at night.
      sigpic

Comment

I would of gone wireless but I installed all this stuff before the world of wireless and xbox 360. Dont use it too much anymore, mostly just long rides and shows.

Comment

Damn

Do you have any pictures from building the screen pod? I like it.

Sorry about my boat taking up all the CF...

Comment

Originally posted by kylebes1
            Damn

Do you have any pictures from building the screen pod? I like it.

Sorry about my boat taking up all the CF...

Your boat?! Who are you with? You seriously workin on it or just part of the branch? It a huge M hull thing 80 footer and some other ones too I guess.

I only have a couple from a camera phone while the filler was drying.

Its an MDF frame mounted in fiberglass then filler and next CF, like my pods!

sigpic

Comment

i really want to put my psp in that spot. if i had any means of doing it i would try, maybe if i could get my hands on a spare center console that i could tear up.
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
              Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by NC325iC
                i really want to put my psp in that spot. if i had any means of doing it i would try, maybe if i could get my hands on a spare center console that i could tear up.
                My center console isnt torn up at all. The box actually mounts to the same two spots that the ash tray bezzle does. I could go back to the factory setup if I need to! :)

If you have to cut on one, they are aplenty at wreckers and ebay.
                sigpic

Comment

nice set up good shit i really like it

I've always been proud of being a Marine.
                  I won't hesitate to defend the Corps
                  "Supersquad"

‎"Prostitutes are a sub-category of Amusement Parks"-

Comment

hey i like that remote. what system is that?

Comment

Originally posted by lovemy318 View Post
                      hey i like that remote. what system is that?
                      It looks like an ALPINE remote control

"Supersquad"

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Groupie View Post
                        Your boat?! Who are you with? You seriously workin on it or just part of the branch? It a huge M hull thing 80 footer and some other ones too I guess.

I only have a couple from a camera phone while the filler was drying.

Its an MDF frame mounted in fiberglass then filler and next CF, like my pods!

how much you charge to make one of those suckers

"Supersquad"

Comment

lol i know its an ALPINE remote! i meant what model!

Comment

Its not a remote persay. It is actually the hardwired controller for the Vehicle Hub Pro VPA-B222. That is the easiest way to control it, but I can also control it all via the touchscreen and eliminate the controller altogether. I like the cleanliness of it without the controller. Where the headunit goes is actually a slave DVD player now. The hub or "headunit" is actually mounted in the trunk. This opens up options as far as gauges etc in the headunit spot. I really like the hardwired controller as I dont even have to glance down to push the right buttons, I can control the whole unit without ever taking my eyes off the road with my right hand.

I just built a second pod for a diff screen, I havent decided which one I like better. Usually about 500 per pod, plus the cost of the screen.

Hub or "headunit" on right

Last edited by Van Westervelt; 11-07-2007, 11:53 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

I will share mine- So far

The progress so far. I have the panel finally made and the carputer was built back around xmas for another car. Decided to try and make the screen mount in the center of the car so it looks as oem as possible.

I still have some switches to mount and working on an interface that will allow me to switch most anything in the car on/off from the icons on the touchscreen. Hope to have that worked out by summer..

I have Megasquirt on my car and use my screen to monitor operations. I also am running wireless internet w/ email and gps navigation. Just for starters..

So here some pics.. And again, it's not finished but I think you can see where I'm going.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by tn325i; 03-19-2008, 05:03 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

A cap of the Megasquirt screen
                                Attached Files
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X