Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone made use of the 16x8 Rota Slipstream wheels from the GB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone made use of the 16x8 Rota Slipstream wheels from the GB?

I got mine in not too long ago, and bolted them to the hub just to see what's up. Looks like they'll need a 5mm spacer and lots of extra fender room. Anyone actually running the wheels yet?
    Michael Spiegle

'01 Ford Escape / Daily Driver
    '99 M3 / Track Car
    '87 325is bronzit / wtf car
    '06 Daytona Triumph 675 / Daily Rider

I haven't yet mounted them up. but i did weigh them on a certified shipping scale and it showed 17.88 lbs. I am a little bummed out because the shipping label showed 17 lbs. as the ship weight, not! Maybe I'm over reacting a bit, but I was really hoping for 16 lbs. flat:(

Has anyone else weighed their wheels yet and could chime in?

Fabby

Comment

i'll try to remember to check when I get home. I knew these wheels weren't going to be as light as say... K1s or SSRs, but they ain't bad either (considering how many options are out there)
      Michael Spiegle

'01 Ford Escape / Daily Driver
      '99 M3 / Track Car
      '87 325is bronzit / wtf car
      '06 Daytona Triumph 675 / Daily Rider

Comment

I received mine today. First thing i noted was that they were pretty well packed and protected. Second was the poor design. The low offset should have been handled differently. instead of moving the spokes back, they extended the core. You have one year to break them. ;)

Anyway, they look pretty smooth. i'm glad you guys decided to hop aboard this GB. It was a good deal.
        Attached Files

Comment

what suspension are you guys gonna run with them.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by xLibelle
            You have one year to break them. ;)
            please explain...... is there a warrantee on these?
            -Greg
            90 325isT - 12.2 @ 120ish - Dyno Results
            b18c5 EG Coupέ - 13.5 @ 100ish - Dyno Results

Comment

please post pics of the 16X8 mounted on the car... i really want to see what it looks like. my imagination lacks.
              Claus Luthe is my hero.

Comment

Originally posted by bobross
                please explain...... is there a warrantee on these?
                all Rotas come with a Limited 1-year against defects as long as it was mounted and used properly. details in the box

Comment

225/40 btw

Comment

dammit. i know i posted a reply last night.
                    hey, post some closer-ups of the rims. that way we can better see fitment.
                    and how much extra was shipping to hawaii?

Comment

I think it was like $90 extra to ship here

I'll try get some better pics later after I go to the gym, hopefully it won't be dark out.
                      Last edited by 808BMW; 08-09-2006, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 808BMW

I'll try get some better pics later after I go to the gym, hopefully it won't be dark out.
                        damn, they dont come out as far as i hoped they would..being as how they are 16x8...how close are they to the struts?
                        IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by golde30
                          damn, they dont come out as far as i hoped they would..being as how they are 16x8...how close are they to the struts?
                          I'd estimate 3-4mm

Note: My front looks like it is tucked very far in, but I have GC camber plates at full negative camber, and I also have THR lollipops (dunno how much that would affect it)

On a more stockish suspension I think they'd stick out more.
                          Last edited by 808BMW; 08-09-2006, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Too bad the track on Oahu is closed for resurfacing. Edit, thought you were on Oahu.

Comment

Closed for good I thought, eveyrone has to get their jollies at aloha stadium (no drifting allowed) on BI we roast tires all day during solo2

Comment

Working...
                              X