Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody ever try the SSSquid 325e, 325es chip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody ever try the SSSquid 325e, 325es chip?

Heres the link.

Just wondering if you guys think it would be a good buy?!
    1991 318i Slicktop - Sold
    1991 325ix - Sold
    1997 Estoril M3 Coupe - Sold
    1986 325es - RIP
    1997 328is - Sold
    1995 Avus M3

instagram @MattLarzz

//M42 GOON-SQUAD
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=281596

I run his chips in all of my cars. Great tunes. He's also a really good dude.

My advice is go for it. You won't regret it

Taylor
    Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
    Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

It'd be a totally awesome buy get it for sure I have no bias at all here

Comment

Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
        It'd be a totally awesome buy get it for sure I have no bias at all here
        ^^ lol

My don't quote me list:

Originally posted by george graves
        I could be wrong, but I don't think it's a smog test type of thing. IIRC think it's against CA law to *sell* a dual outlet muffler as a replacement for a car that came from the factory with a single. But don't quote me on that.

Comment

This guy

Comment

I would be running one in my ETA if I wasn't swapping in a 2.8 M20 with a Tuned SSSQUID DME!
            À la folie

Comment

Jesse's the bestest, just his email response times and willingness to work with you alone made me a customer for life!

Early models do it better.

'86 Cosmos Sedan LS1

Comment

Ill grab one sooner then later
                sigpic
                "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by 6SPD View Post
                  I would be running one in my ETA if I wasn't swapping in a 2.8 M20 with a Tuned SSSQUID DME!
                  Originally posted by BenjaminButtton View Post
                  Jesse's the bestest, just his email response times and willingness to work with you alone made me a customer for life!

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
                  Ill grab one sooner then later
                  feel free to contact me anytime! PM or email (info@sssquid.com)

Comment

Jesse is awesome man, I say go for it. He steered me towards his chip for my 2.7i M20, and now it pulls harder than it ever has. Very good customer service too.
                    1989 325i Lachssilber Sedan
                    5-Speed Swapped
                    M30B35 Swapped
                    MegaSquirt MS3X

1987 325i Lachssilber Sedan
                    260k OEM Automatic Daily Baby

Comment

Great guy here with great tunes!

Comment

Definitely interested in installing one of these in my 325e, but i'm just a bit unsure of which pin count/octane option i should select?

Comment

Originally posted by yungmike View Post
                          Definitely interested in installing one of these in my 325e, but i'm just a bit unsure of which pin count/octane option i should select?
                          Usually this is how it works
                          86 and older got 24 pin
                          87 got 28 pin

It's not always the case, and the ECUs seem to have been used almost interchangeably over the years, but the 28pin is far more rare. The only real way to know is to open up the ECU and count the pins on the memory.

I recommend picking at least 91 oct, but 89 is just fine. Each tune is different, so the higher the octane, the more performance I try to squeeze out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
                            Usually this is how it works
                            86 and older got 24 pin
                            87 got 28 pin

It's not always the case, and the ECUs seem to have been used almost interchangeably over the years, but the 28pin is far more rare. The only real way to know is to open up the ECU and count the pins on the memory.

I recommend picking at least 91 oct, but 89 is just fine. Each tune is different, so the higher the octane, the more performance I try to squeeze out of it.
                            Just curious if these have ever been dyno tested on the 'e'. If so how much of a noticable difference is there between an 89 tune and a 91 tune?

INSTAGRAM @ merlow_

Comment

I have bought a chip from SSSquid and the guy was very nice and helpful until I paid for it.
                              Then I received the tune but my car will not fire up with his chip.
                              Since then I wrote him 2 e-mails but he did not bother to answer me yet.... so I guess I will have to fill a PayPal dispute or something.

Comment

Working...
                              X