Hillary Sucks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kickinindian View Post
    at least your country actually goes and votes...
    we just elected a mayor, out of a population of over 10,000 people only 1000 people got to decide who our mayor was. Wow..
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Black 88 View Post
      Hahaha, at least you don't have ours.

We just had to throw an entire party out of office, just to get rid of the tyranical, totalitarian leader........or is yours the same way.
      The difference is both parties are really the same party in our system.
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

Am i the only one that wants to see trump become president for the lulz?

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
          Am i the only one that wants to see trump become president for the lulz?
          Yes but only if we have a savegame that we can reload after shit hits the fan ;)

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
            Yes but only if we have a savegame that we can reload after shit hits the fan ;)

Country is already a shit hole. Dont think he could make it much worse. Shit he could make it better. Like ship the fucking illegals out.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

By breaking down peoples doors and removing them by force? Isnt that what all the right wing gun nuts are terrified of?
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                By breaking down peoples doors and removing them by force? Isnt that what all the right wing gun nuts are terrified of?

Sure. The way I see it you don't have the right to live here unless your paying taxes and doing everything just like rest of us. 90% of them pack 15 in one house and work at the same job and drive the same car so it wont be hard to know who's legal and who isn't.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Fuck that - voting for Ben.

He loves science!

Colonize the Moon - sure.

Send anyone who wants to on a Mars mission (why not?)

Robotic, genetically mutated clones complete with memories of the donor so I can live for ever - yep!

The candidate that allows me to live forever will always get my vote!

Sad thing is - most of the voters are going to vote purely based on the letter next to the candidates name.. It's why Portland is a mess politically.
                  1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                  2016 Ford Flex
                  2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Sure. The way I see it you don't have the right to live here unless your paying taxes and doing everything just like rest of us. 90% of them pack 15 in one house and work at the same job and drive the same car so it wont be hard to know who's legal and who isn't.
                    I completely understand your anger at what appears to be an imbalance in the system, where some people pay taxes and others don't. I however have two points to make:

1. Illegals do not have access to all of the benefits that tax payers do.

Yes they can get emergency services if needed at any hospital, but my belief is that anyone who needs immediate medical attention should receive it regardless of where they are from. If someone from Europe was visiting family in the US and needed an appendectomy so they don't die, shouldn't they receive it even though they never paid a penny in taxes?

Illegals also don't have access to Social Security, Medicare, Welfare, etc. A fair chunk of your taxes go to these programs which only taxpayers have access to.

2. My second point, and probably the more important of my points is this, why not create a way to monetize immigrant labor for the federal government, find a way to tax them without giving citizenship?

It would seem that the government could either spend billions of dollars (something that most conservatives loathe, which seems interesting considering most conservatives want to expel illegals from the country) which can NEVER be recovered, or they can create income by creating an avenue for making taxpayers out of illegals, an income that will be consistent year over year.

One seems like intelligent fiscal policy, the other seems like a waste of money.

Comment

Originally posted by mbonder View Post
                      I completely understand your anger at what appears to be an imbalance in the system, where some people pay taxes and others don't. I however have two points to make:

1. Illegals do not have access to all of the benefits that tax payers do.

Yes they can get emergency services if needed at any hospital, but my belief is that anyone who needs immediate medical attention should receive it regardless of where they are from. If someone from Europe was visiting family in the US and needed an appendectomy so they don't die, shouldn't they receive it even though they never paid a penny in taxes?

Illegals also don't have access to Social Security, Medicare, Welfare, etc. A fair chunk of your taxes go to these programs which only taxpayers have access to.

2. My second point, and probably the more important of my points is this, why not create a way to monetize immigrant labor for the federal government, find a way to tax them without giving citizenship?

It would seem that the government could either spend billions of dollars (something that most conservatives loathe, which seems interesting considering most conservatives want to expel illegals from the country) which can NEVER be recovered, or they can create income by creating an avenue for making taxpayers out of illegals, an income that will be consistent year over year.

One seems like intelligent fiscal policy, the other seems like a waste of money.
                      Good points.

But on point 2, in order to fix this issue, the government needs to provide incentive to the companies that hire illegal workers. That's where the issue is.

Comment

I agree, the trouble for most companies is that for legal workers they need to provide unemployment insurance and benefits depending upon working hours per week. This obviously decreases the profits of the company if additional legal employees are added to their payroll.

If illegals can be taxed a portion of that money can go subsidies for companies that hire these laborers. Essentially there needs to be a new classification (paperwork) to separate those people from legal citizens. That way they can be cataloged and taxes can be paid while also helping businesses continue to operate a current profit levels.

Comment

Wow, racist much?

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                            Wow, racist much?

Nope not at all. I have tons of friends that are latino, black, Asian. Just calling it how I see it.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Nope not at all. I have tons of friends that are latino, black, Asian. Just calling it how I see it.
                              Just because you have friends of different races doesn't mean what you said wasn't racist. Those two things are not mutually exclusive.

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                                Just because you have friends of different races doesn't mean what you said wasn't racist. Those two things are not mutually exclusive.
                                Maybe it was more profiling? Its the truth around here. The town that most my family is from has been ruined by illegals. They opened a packing plant and they all moved in. That town has pretty much been ruined by them. They send every dime back to Mexico and then treat everything like shit. What once was a beautiful town now looks like a shit hole. It would be interesting to see ICE go into that place. A town of 2500 would probably drop to about 1000 or less.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Working...
                                X