Mtech 2 general questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mtech 2 general questions.

Anyone have an idea how much the entire kit, minus the rear spoiler weighs?

Does the front valance bolt over the stock valance?

Are the front and rear bumpers simply covers or entire bumpers? How do they compare weight wise vs standard plastic bumpers?

How much do the lower sideskirts weigh, and are they available seperately?

I like the entire kit, but I won't be able to use the side door skirts as my fenders and rear quarters are/will be flared. I'm also trying to be exremely weight concious with the car as it's an autox car. But I also want it to look nice.
    I'd like to install the lower side skirts, front and rear bumpers if they are lighter, and the lower rear valance. I really, really like the Mtech 1 rear spoiler, even over the Mtech 2. And would like to find one of those eventually.
    sigpic

88 325is

You couldn't search most of that? Come on DSP74, you have been here long enough now.

Comment

I will sell you a replica kit. donest weight much and when you hit something you dont have to be worried about fucking up a oem piece and sourcing out another oem piece.
      if your interested pm me.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
        You couldn't search most of that? Come on DSP74, you have been here long enough now.

Your right. I took the lazy way out.

But you know if everone searches and never reposts the forums would die. Cept' for a bunch of political stuff.:)

So far I've got that the bumpers REPLACE the stockers.

The Mtech2 front does bolt over the stock valance (kinda knew this one but was crossing my fingers and hoping)

The rear valance bolts on as once piece with the rear Mtech2 bumper. Didn't realize this one at all....The replicas being a seperate piece threw me off.
        sigpic

88 325is

Comment

But, are the mtech2 bumper skins able to mount on a non mtech2 plastic bumper assy?

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
            But, are the mtech2 bumper skins able to mount on a non mtech2 plastic bumper assy?
            Are you talking about the fiberglass bumper support? If so, then yes.
            sigpic

Comment

Yep, I was asking for him, so he knew that you could reskin a plastic bumper to a mtech2 with just the outer cover. use old shocks, bolts, etc.

Comment

so the weight on the bumpers should be negligable. Check realoem, IIRC they list part shipping weights there.

Comment

Working...
                X