Oily smelling smoke under hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oily smelling smoke under hood

Stopped after a little getting on it and some smoke floated forward through the grille, smelled. A little oily, could smell if a bit in the cabin. Don't think valve cover gasket has been changed. Car is new to me. 95 525iauto with 103k. Any suggestions? Thanks
    Attached Files
    Now on my 26th BMW...

Did you pop the hood and see where the smoke was coming from? That might be a good place to start if you can replicate the conditions the issue occurred under.
    -Geno

'87 325is (s52'd)
    '95 525iT
    '02 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
    '98 Disco 1

Comment

Just put it on the road yesterday after selling my 90 e34, had it on the lift and there is some leaking on one of the twin pipes after the manifold under the car. Did not get to investigate further. I don't have a garage, will get it in to my tech/friend down the street to check it out.
      Now on my 26th BMW...

Comment

Sounds like possibly valve cover and/or gasket. Mine is doing the same thing. Great when you're running the heater full blast to defrost the windshield and you get a big whiff of burning oil...
        -Geno

'87 325is (s52'd)
        '95 525iT
        '02 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
        '98 Disco 1

Comment

Yeah, inspected closer and it does need renewing. Ordered up the kit and new spark plugs. Enjoying the car though. Happy new year.
          Now on my 26th BMW...

Comment

Working...
          X