X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^ should pout that in post #1

Comment

4 wires instead of 5

will these switches work? i noticed it only has 4 wires instead of 5.

Click image for larger version

Name:	e36 switch 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	7148609

Click image for larger version

Name:	e36 switch 2.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	7148610
      sigpic

Comment

^ Those are not e36 window switches. They are from an e34. They should work if you wire them up correctly.
        » PARTS FOR SALE
        » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

Originally posted by Blackout View Post
          ^ Those are not e36 window switches. They are from an e34. They should work if you wire them up correctly.
          Probably not. If I'm not mistaken, regardless of the chassis, the ones with the small bases like that are for one-touch windows, and will not function properly/at all without the main one-touch module.

Comment

they actually are from an e36 from the rear doors off of a 318i. .. :up:

i guess ill have to go to the junkyard and take the front window switches instead.. (just a pain in the ass compared to taking them out the back)
            sigpic

Comment

Anyone figure out what goes to what on an E36 window lock switch with three wire ( Red/Brown - Green/Grey - Green/Blue) to an E30 window lock switch with two wires (Green/Grey - Green/Blue)?

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
              Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

I've already done that test hehe, just haven't put it in the car yet. On the e36 window cut switch it has one wire that's incoming (which should be the red/brown I believe) and two out going where as the e30 one has one incoming and one out going (the e30 cut switch kills the ground to the switches and the e36 kills the power, I have not tested that. Never had a chance to test before I pulled it). Also keep in mind that the four door might have a different setup, but should operate under the same principals. If you want to keep the wire on the e30 window stock, you can hook the incoming wires together and hook up the out going one then leave the other out going one from the e36 switch just dead end. Couldn't tell you the incoming wire on the e30 one cus they never used the same color every time. I have two e30's and neither one have the same color of wire for the interior, but those are just the ones I have owned others might be different. Hope this helps.
                sigpic
                85 swartz/metallic 325E
                84 alpine 325E
                85 zinnoberot 318i/R.I.P
                84 Bronzit 318i/sold
                purchase feed back here=http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...82#post3535282

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                  Anyone figure out what goes to what on an E36 window lock switch with three wire ( Red/Brown - Green/Grey - Green/Blue) to an E30 window lock switch with two wires (Green/Grey - Green/Blue)?

Splice all the wires on the e36 switch pigtail.
                  Connect brown with the Red. Than connect the other with either of the remaining two green wires on the pigtail. Now test if the breaker operates.

If it does not, try the other green wire on the pig tail and re-test. One of the wire has to work for positive. You can just cut the other one off which did not work.
                  » PARTS FOR SALE
                  » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

^

Is that fitting the E36 window lock switch to the circuit breaker, or the E30 window lock switch in a 4 door E30?

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

^

Is that fitting the E36 window lock switch to the circuit breaker, or the E30 window lock switch in a 4 door E30?
                      E36 window lock switch to the circuit breaker in an E30.
                      » PARTS FOR SALE
                      » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

E36 window lock switch to the circuit breaker in an E30.
                        I would rather see if I can fit it to the window lock switch that comes in the 4 door E30's

Comment

I would rather see if I can fit it to the window lock switch that comes in the 4 door E30's
                          copy that.
                          » PARTS FOR SALE
                          » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

Well, I think I broke the E36 window lock switch while playing with it... doh

I guess I'll just snip all the wires off of it and run it as a blank lol

Comment

Well, I got my switches in. However, I am not too happy with my wiring job so they'll be coming back out and getting redone at some point.

Comment

I did this not too long ago. Easier to roll the windows down now that I don't have to mash my buttons down.
                                1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
                                2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
                                2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

Comment

Working...
                                X