Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E28 Coilover suspension DIY (in progress)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
    So that's good! That means you can shorten the E28 strut housings for coilovers w/ E30 shocks.

That is good news. Officially any option for an E30 will work for an E28.

For a ~1 in shorter housing use standard E30 shock inserts.
    For a ~2-4in shorter housing use E30 IX shock inserts
    For a ~5 in shorter housing use G60 shock inserts (Probably more then anyone would really need.

Now we need an easy to find rear shock option that is a little shorter then E28 shocks....

Comment

yes. Good info. Find some rear shocks, and I'll have some on order very soon. My E28 needs some coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
        yes. Good info. Find some rear shocks, and I'll have some on order very soon. My E28 needs some coilovers.
        Well most E28's seem to range between 3000-3300lbs depending on who weighs 'em... I've seen between a 54/46 and a 52/48 weight distribution so, that makes ~690-792lbs on each rear shock.

You happen to know the overall length of the rear E28 or rear E34 shock? The rear E34 is supposed to be about an inch longer.

I would imagine if someone had an E28 or E34 shock we might be able to e-mail Koni with the dimensions they may be able to find something for us? I'd do it if I had a rear shock off the car.

Comment

Playing around with different setups. 6" 450f spring and 8" 375r spring. Front is all the way down on billie sports. Rear can go another 2" lower but i need to roll the fenders first. 16x8 et11 enkie ek 96s

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
          My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

^^ spill the beans man!! what shocks did you use (as in what model), did you shorten the front strut housings, and how does it ride on billy sports?

Comment

Standard e28 sport struts. It was a little to bouncy so I raised it up an inch and its much better. I figure camber plates and a cut bump stop will give me the same ride at the lower stance. If not I have tons of spare e30 billie sports. Like 3 sets lol.
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
                Standard e28 sport struts. It was a little to bouncy so I raised it up an inch and its much better. I figure camber plates and a cut bump stop will give me the same ride at the lower stance. If not I have tons of spare e30 billie sports. Like 3 sets lol.
                whoa I think I know some people who really want billy sports....

Comment

I'll probably package them with coilovers and strut tubes so people can have a thrifty bolt in complete coilover system.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

^^What coilovers are you using?

BUY MY WHEELS! BBS E50s!!
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=275407

Originally posted by Lurker27
                    Any man will tell you being blown is better than being stroked.

Comment

German Engineering of course.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

How much would these cost a young fellow?

Comment

I would say a fellow may benefit in following the link in his signature, namely, www.german-engineering.net, but hey, I dunno. That said, I haven't clicked yet.

Comment

I checked before I posted. I know how pissed r3v gets when you don't do simple shit.

Comment

Originally posted by 86 325e View Post
                              I checked before I posted. I know how pissed r3v gets when you don't do simple shit.
                              ha ha yeah I didn't even check...

Comment

Price will be about $365 for the e28 coilovers. I'm changing the sleeve to a different style for better fitment. The front sleeves on my car and AJs are "Shrink to Fit" and are a pain to install on a cold day. The aluminum cools and shrinks too fast. Going with an easier to install sleeve that will be part of my "Black Line" kits. I should have 3 kits in stock after bimmerfest

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Working...
                                X