No announcement yet.

Official APEX ARC-8 Group Buy Thread 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you can only do 2 colours I hope the black wheel thing is over and you can do some silver as thats the only colour I'm interested in.

Comment

If the group buy falls though or if someone doesn't want to wait, I'm interested in selling my set of APEX wheels 17x8 F and 17.9.5 R. They are hyper silver. Also interested in trading for Style 5's...
      Turbo E30
      Roadkill 80lb 93 octane OBDI tune
      BavSol Cylinder Head
      Stock S50 in. cam Schrick ex. cam
      Otis' tubular T4 manifold
      Oringed 87mm S52, Eagle rods and 8.5:1 CP pistons.
      GT4094r w/Batmowheel Impeller
      614whp@17.5psi, 100 Oct
      690whp@21psi, 100 Oct
      801whp@27psi, 110 URT
      Old: 1/4 mile: 10.91@144.38 (636whp)
      New: ?
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_f7fUVqblI

Comment

Are the wheels cast with the lug pattern or are they drilled prior to the finish coating?
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
        My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by PaintPro21 View Post
          No vendors are holding stock for this size, and we are currently all out as well.
          Ok great. I really hope you do anthracite or hyper black (whichever is darker).

Keep this thread alive!
          -Filipe

Comment

Not sure if this is the correct venue for it, but I would definitely be interested in at least one spare wheel (hyper black).

Comment

I'm in for anthracite. Let's get a list going, please spread the word!

If you'll PM me or shout out in the thread, I will keep the list together in the first post. C'mon everyone, we all need an early Christmas present! :D
              Last edited by adjmcloon; 11-17-2012, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Off topic, but is there any way you guys (Apex) will ever consider a 15" wheel for E30, in 15x7 and 15x8?
                sigpic

Comment

Im in!

Comment

Great! I added you to the list in the original post. :D

Who's next? :D

Comment

I'm in for anthracite or satin black.

Comment

What is the back spacing for the wheels? Mainly for BBK clearance issues.
                        ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                        ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                        ~ '87 535
                        ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                        ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by L8 apexr View Post
                          If you can only do 2 colours I hope the black wheel thing is over and you can do some silver as thats the only colour I'm interested in.
                          The two colors will be based on demand. Ideally members signing up would mention what finishes they would prefer, possibly a back-up finish as well.

By the time these arrive, we may have our in-house powder coating system setup, that would allow low demand finishes to be produced at an additional cost. We cannot guarantee the powder coating will be available, as we are only beginning to research it at this time.

Are the wheels cast with the lug pattern or are they drilled prior to the finish coating?
                          The lug wholes are drilled into the wheels, but we cannot sell the wheels without holes for legal reasons. Only 4x100 ET25 17x8" wheels will be available.

Not sure if this is the correct venue for it, but I would definitely be interested in at least one spare wheel (hyper black).
                          Members could buy individual wheels as well to have spares. Spares would be combined together and count as a single member towards the total needed, each time 4 units are reached.

Off topic, but is there any way you guys (Apex) will ever consider a 15" wheel for E30, in 15x7 and 15x8?
                          We've considered a spec e30 wheel, that could also be available in the 8" width. It would take a while to produce as an entirely new tooling would be needed. We'd have to measure interest in another thread.

What is the back spacing for the wheels? Mainly for BBK clearance issues.
                          The back spacing is 5.5" or 140mm. That is calculated similarly to offset, and will not provide any brake clearance data as it does not define the spoke clearance. We have tested that UUC's BBK does clear behind this wheel without issue.

ApexRaceParts.com - Facebook - Twitter

Comment

mega huge facepalm right now.

I was on the fence and waiting for a GB for several months, and then the Kopi Alpina GB happened and now I'm in on that.

if anyone wants my spot for Alpinas, and shit maybe even if not, I might be in for the bright silver variant.

Comment

Originally posted by PaintPro21 View Post
                              We've considered a spec e30 wheel, that could also be available in the 8" width. It would take a while to produce as an entirely new tooling would be needed. We'd have to measure interest in another thread.
                              I'd buy a set in a heartbeat if they looked like these.

Comment

Another one added, we're up to 10! I will try to note the color selections in the list, if you haven't indicated yours please PM me and I'll add it.

Comment

Working...
                                X