my oddball GMW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stinkydriverx View Post
    As far as the people saying that this guy ruined a bmw.... You're entitled to your opinion's. But I'm also entitled to tell you that you are retarded.
    So you're saying that if every morning you woke up, you had the choice to drive a sweet boosted v6 e30 with 500hp, or a stock m20 e30 with 160( and that's assuming you don'thave a 318 or 325e). You would choose the stock busted joint? If you say yes to make a point, you are again retarded.

to OP, Good job man. From what I see you took a decent engine and made it awesome. You took the original engine weight and moved it closer to the center of the car. Yeah it sits a little high, but i'm sure in the future you will fix that with a new oil pan. Just get it going and have some god dang fun in it! Looks awesome, and I am ready for running videos!
    qft

i wanna see this thing in action!!!
    ?

Comment

nice man good to see some one do some thing different for a change
      keep up the good work motor is gonna be beast
      sigpic

my build thread:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=232324

Comment

been busy lately with little things. drivetrain pulled out and on stands. degreased transmission and wire wheeled the entire casing, except the shifter which i have a new one for. i decided while the engine was out to clean/shave brackets in the engine bay. used undercoating to spray "frame" portion down and the front of the trans tunnel. painted the bay semi-flat black rattle can 4 coats. turned out decent for the theme of the car which ill give away when i get to it. i also decided to start powder coating things myself instead of a buddy, so i hit up craigslist...bam $50 working oven, and $60 for my buddies old hot spot eastwood powder coater. i used matte black on the engine mounts and transmission mount, turned out great. Another swap going on as well..i picked up a steering rack for a 95 m3 from a local european salvage yard. turns out the rack is zf remanufactured with new tie rod ends for only $80! more good things to come!

Comment

Pushrods ftmfw!!
          ///Monstrosity. (OO≡≡[][]≡≡OO)

Aside from showing yourself to be offensive, lacking experience and ignorant in the ways of business, you're also illiterate and imprudent. Beyond that, your sense of liability is severely impaired.

Comment

some new things done. engine parts are cleaned up and powdercoated. built the alternator bracket, used a turn buckle for the tensioner. decided to delete powersteering all together. picked up some awesome powder for powder coating. now that the engine is all together (almost) its ready to go back into the engine bay.

Comment

Hell yeah. This is such a sweet and unique swap! I like this idea, and it seems that you have the vast majority of things figures out. Nice progress.
              1984 318i
              sr20det swapped

Comment

Colour scheme looks very 'Detroit diesel.' Not my thing, but it looks as though things are coming together nicely, cant wait to see it in the bay.
                ///Monstrosity. (OO≡≡[][]≡≡OO)

Aside from showing yourself to be offensive, lacking experience and ignorant in the ways of business, you're also illiterate and imprudent. Beyond that, your sense of liability is severely impaired.

Comment

Looking fancy.
                  Any max power goals? Sorry if I skipped it.

Comment

been pretty busy lately, get the powertrain assembled, clutch all figured out and in. engine is put back in finally.. started tackling some preliminary harness routing in, and decided to tuck the wiring harness. decided to sell my hx40 to a good buddy and go to the holset hx52, which is what i wanted to go with ultimately. rebuilt the turbo, sandblasted the housings and eventually will be powercoated. Another swap going on is rx7 brake upgrade. I got some power-slot rotors for a corrado (had a buddy machine the hubs), picked up caliper brackets, and reman calipers along with hp pads.

Comment

as for power goals anywhere from 500-600, depending on boost and how big my balls are feeling that day haaa.

Comment

I love it! I generally dislike V6s, but the GM beast is an exception to my rule. (as are Alfas)

Comment

some new things going, got the top end of the engine assembled, new custom cometic headgaskets, german engineering coilovers fitted, strut housings sandblasted and powder coated installed, brakes all clearanced (still need a spacer and wheel stud converision). i was really doubting if the wheels would even clear the rx7 brakes, but they do. i really wanted to set the car on the ground just to see how it sat, and its perfect for me, wheels are 205/55/15, coilovers almost all the way down, and it looks good. more stuff coming!!!

Comment

wow, awesome project!!! ruined bmw ftw!

Fender Roller Rental | RTAB Tool Rental

e36 Climate Control Issues?
                            Your ≠ you are
                            You`re ≠ your

Comment

i like where you're going with this......
                              when it's finished, i'm stealing this car :P

Comment

Kudos for seeing the box and then keeping your thoughts out of it.
                                2011 1M Alpine white/black
                                1996 Civic white/black
                                1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

Working...
                                X