No announcement yet.

FS: 5-lug Kit | E36 & E46 Hub & Caliper Adapters for E30! | Rear Big Brake Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 5-lug Kit | E36 & E46 Hub & Caliper Adapters for E30! | Rear Big Brake Kit

Hello everyone,

Have you ever wanted to convert your E30 to the 5x120 PCD and also have a bigger brake option? Well now you actually have a chance to do that! And you don’t need the pricey E30/E36 M3 parts :)

We have a lot of different kit’s that you can choose from.

For the front, all of the kit’s consist of hub sleeves, caliper attachment bracket and a locking nut.

The hub sleeves are used as a spacer over the original E30 spindle to fit any of the E36 or E46 hubs, and the caliper bracket is used to space out the caliper so you can mount it on you’r E30 strut with any E36 or E46 rotor. Any E36 non M3 or E46 non M3 caliper can be used. Also there is a bracket that will allow you to fit the E38 Brembo caliper in the front. The locking nut is used to lock the the hub nut in place, in order to use the locking nut – you have to make new thread inside the E30 spindle, it is reverse thread and the bolt is M16x1.5LH. Original E36 dust cap does fit!

Keep in mind that when using the front kit the track is widened by 12mm on each side.

This is how the they look, this is the kit with the regular E36/E46 brakes bracket:

And this is the kit with the E38 Brembo caliper bracket:

Here is a comparison to the original E30 strut and brakes (Right) vs my kit on the left with a spacer on it:

For the rear there are also a few options, but all of them consist of using the E36/5 (Compact) trailing arms. They can be divided in two categories, one category is for the drum brake trailing arms, and the other is for the disk brake trailing arms (TI).

EDIT: As of 2016/04/18 there is another option available for those who use E30 trailing arms with Z4 hub's. You can use 325-330 E46 rotor and caliper with this setup. More info can be found over -here-

Keep in mind that when using E36/5 trailing arms the track is widened on each side by about 5mm.

For the drum trailing arms there are two variants – one is for a single caliper conversion and the other is for dual caliper setup, ie you convert the drum trailing arms to disk trailing arms. Any E36/E46 rear rotor and caliper can be used.

Single caliper bracket:

Dual caliper bracket:

As for the disk trailing arms (TI), there are also 2 variants, one is a bracket that allows you to mount rear E46 M3 brakes on the TI trailing arms and the other is a bracket to allow you to mount any E36/E46 rear caliper and rotor.

The E46 M3 rear brake’s bracket:

And the regular E46 328 and 330 rear brakes bracket:

Here's how they look on a car with the 330i brakes:

Basically you can say that’s it’s more of a big brake kit.
    Keep in mind that when using any of the rear adapters you are left with no handbrake. Only option is to use the drum trailing arm dual caliper adapter – that way you can setup one caliper to be hydraulic handbrake.

Ok, so now the fun part – the prices.

EDIT 2015.01.06
    The prices have changed, since our country has changed to Euro.
    And also because the supplier has raised the prices a bit.

- Front hub sleeves with E36/E46 caliper bracket’s – 190 EUR
    - Front hub sleeves with E38 Brembo caliper bracket’s – 190 EUR
    - Front hub sleeves without any caliper bracket’s – 90 EUR
    - Rear E36/5 disk trailing arms bracket to fit E46 M3 brakes – 90 EUR
    - Rear E36/5 disk trailing arms bracket to fit E46 328 or 330 rear brakes – 90 EUR
    - Rear E36/5 drum trailing arms bracket for one caliper setup – 100 EUR
    - Rear E36/5 drum trailing arms bracket for dual caliper setup – 110 EUR

Shipping to US is 35 EUR. If taking multiple kit’s the shipping price will go up, because they weight more. When taking multiple kit’s some discount’s may apply. Shipping to other countries is also available. All items are shipped with a tracking number.

Also, old discussion on these can be found over here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=304699

-------------------------------------------------
    Most common questions and answers to them:
    -------------------------------------------------

- Has anyone actually installed these?

Yes, user pandaboo911 has installed them. The installation process can be seen in his build thread, starting from this post: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...110&page=9#122

The rear kit has also been installed by user Julien, and the build thread can be found here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...09#post4262009

One more install of the front kit by user Corey@Track.One can be seen over here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...59#post4284059

Front install by user TimKninja can be seen over here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...60#post4363660

- Do you have any feedback?

Yes, my feedback thread can be found over here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=312662

- What else do i need to finish the swap for the front?

To finish the swap you would need E36 or E46 hub assembly, rotors and calipers with carriers.
    Brake pads of course.

- What about ABS?

You will have to find a way of mounting the ABS sensor yourself. Or you can check this post for some ideas: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...699&page=9#133

- What are the biggest brakes i can use?

Since these do not fit M3 brakes, the biggest brakes you can use are E46 330 brakes. They are 325x25.
    To compare - M3 ones are 325x28.
    But keep in mind, that with 330 brakes - the smallest wheel you can use is 17 inch.
    Here is a picture to compare different E46 brake sizes, from left to right:
    323, 320/325/328, 330, M3, M3 competition.

Here is a little table i made to compare brake sizes:

- How hard is it to fit them? Do i need to play a lot?

All you have to do is fit the adapter with the hub on the spindle, for that i would recommend heating the adapter sleeve with a torch and then sliding it in. After its halph way in - push it to the end by tightening the other halph of the adapter. In order to attach the caliper itself - the carrier must be notched a little bit to clear the mounting points. Here is a picture that shows what you need to grind away:

And here is how it should look after you grind it:

- How can you accept payment, how will you ship?

I can accept payments via PayPal, will ship by AirMail with a tracking number.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask :)
    Max.
    Last edited by Max399; 04-18-2016, 12:26 AM.
    5-lug Kit | E36 & E46 Hub & Brake Adaptor for E30!
    Leave feedback about my transactions!
    sigpic

Is it possible to buy just the front kit? I have a 318ti donor car that I'm using for the rear 5-lug conversion.

Comment

This kit only comes for the front actually, forgot to mention it. Your intended to use the rear of a compact.

Here is what this kit consists of:
      - Front hub adapters
      - Front caliper brackets
      - Nuts necesery for fitting

Its everything you see in the first picture.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Max399 View Post
        This kit only comes for the front actually, forgot to mention it. Your intended to use the rear of a compact.

Here is what this kit consists of:
        - Front hub adapters
        - Front caliper brackets
        - Nuts necesery for fitting

Its everything you see in the first picture.
        Oh gotcha. Thanks. Is there any benefit to this kit instead of just doing the usual 5-lug swap with e36 parts?

Comment

you don't have to source pricey e36 m3 parts. keeps the same suspension geometry as stock. far less cost.

question: in most pics the caliper bracket is symmetrical but in the last pic it offsets the caliper upward an inch or two. which one comes with the kit? are you willing to just sell a pair of brackets? i wonder if i could use that bracket to mount an e36 m3 caliper on an ix?

why is it that you say this kit isn't for m3 parts?

does abs still work?
          Last edited by flyboyx; 11-25-2013, 08:24 AM.
          sigpic
          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Yes, exactly. Much cheaper than M3 parts, easyer to get replacement, stock geometry minus the offset is a little wider. You can fit 16 inch wheels, which is also a plus. And ofcourse you can keep almost all of your suspension setup, and if you have some kind of air-ride or coils - it would be not so cheap to replace.

Sent from my Nexus 5
            sigpic

Comment

this has peaked my interest
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pilotskillse30 View Post
                this has peaked my interest
                If you've got any questions - fell free to PM me ;)

P.S: Got one set on my hands now, can do a next day ship :)
                sigpic

Comment

Nice! looks good, do you have pictures of it on your car with the 5 lug rims on?

Comment

Did not yet install them on my car, its in plans, but somewhere near summer.
                    sigpic

Comment

I have PMd the OP a few tines, his responses are quick and informative but, like others watching this thread. I'm still on the fence.

Never seen this on anyone's car and, there isn't any pictures showing the kit mounted and put on the streets, to test.

I'm genuinely interested but I don't want to be the guinea pig.
                      @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

is there any way you can take a photo of the assembly ie putting it on? It's hard to see how it fits with the spindle attached.

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                          I have PMd the OP a few tines, his responses are quick and informative but, like others watching this thread. I'm still on the fence.

Never seen this on anyone's car and, there isn't any pictures showing the kit mounted and put on the streets, to test.

I'm genuinely interested but I don't want to be the guinea pig.
                          Thank you.

Yes, i understand what you mean, i myself would not risk buyng something i have never seen or heard over the internet. I am trying to find some pictures, just having hard times doing that. The company that makes these kits produces a lot of custom parts, here's a few pictures of their works:

They do not make only these adapters, theyre a company that produces motorsport hardware here in Lithuania. A lot of their hardware is used at drifting, racing, rally and other places, so when it comes to normal daily drive use it will sure hold.

Essentially there is nothing that can go wrong, the bearing is hold in place the same way as it is originally, by a nut, which is tightened 210 ft/lbs. To ensure that it holds - there's a M16x1.5LH bolt that is tightened in the opposite direction, it just locks the whole assembly in place.

Originally posted by Vtec?lol View Post
                          is there any way you can take a photo of the assembly ie putting it on? It's hard to see how it fits with the spindle attached.
                          I cannot take those pictures, since i did not install it yet, im on wait till summer.
                          Here is another picture i found with the brake rotor installed:

I know it's hard to tell from that picture, but thats the same 5-lug kit with E38 Brembo calipers and E46 325x25 rotors. It is installed without the tightening bolt, just with the bearing nut.

Here's the car using that setup:

sigpic

Comment

Possible to get just the sleeves?
                            84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
                            Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Will this be something that's available in large quantities in the future?

Early models do it better.

'86 Cosmos Sedan LS1

Comment

Working...
                              X