Shift Lever and Short Shifters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sharky View Post
    bumping this as I am looking for a Z3 1.9 lever or similar if anyone has one they swapped out let me know. Put in WTB with no action
    i will pm you i may be willing to sell u mine
    '87 325is [because racecar]
    '81 Kawasaki KZ550 LTD {summer dd}
    '97 Subaru Legacy Outback Limited (winter dd)

Comment

Originally posted by dandan1 View Post
      Are the Z3 1.9 SSK part #s still the same as before or has it changed?

1x . . . 25 11 1 434 148 - Z3Shift lever - $43.81
      4x . . . 25 11 1 220 439 - Spacer Rings (two extra)
      1x . . . 25 11 1 220 832 - Rubber Bearing sleeve
      2x . . . 25 11 1 220 379 - Circlips $0.50 (one extra)
      1x . . . 25 11 1 220 600 - Nylon Shift Bushing - $4.00
      I was looking into the Z3 1.9 SSL today when I came across this post. In an attempt to update the info in this thread, it would seem that the Z3 1.9L shift lever part number has changed to: 25 11 7 527 252

Has anyone else noticed that?
      Einige Autos dürfen nicht runter gehen... einfach weil sie so spezial sind. - Wenn man von BMW's der '70 und '80 Jahre redet.

Comment

part numbers do change, even a few times
        My transaction feedback on r3vlimited :):Clickety click

Comment

I am subscribed to a track car build on bimmerforums.
          He has built an awesome e36.
          I also have liked his Facebook page and get updated on new products.
          shout out to Mkah Motorsport
          On Monday they annouced a new product, Shifter extensions and delrin knobs.
          They look like a quality product and gave the idea to make my own shifter extension to work with some of the components that I already have.

I have always liked the Akg stage 2 Dtm shifter.
          So the goal was the get my setup to a similar height and feel to the akg product.

I machined a 2 inch shifter extension.
          It fits on to my Uuc evo 3 shift lever
          then a 2 inch spacer followed by the jaffster shift knob.
          Drove around with it last night and it's definitely a nice upgrade.
          I plan on anodizing it black.

-
          Project
          Parts for Sale
          Feedback
          YouTube Channel

Comment

I've driven my buddies E36 M3 with the jafster knob a few times and I honestly don't like it. With so much weight higher than the shift lever was designed, the pendulum effect makes the shifts feel numb. A few years back I put a jesus bolt form a cobra attack helicopter on my toyota 4Runner and it felt very similar. My semi-hipster brother in law machined a foot long extension to mount a PBR beer tap onto his plaid headlinered subaru WRX. It's retarded, and the jafster knob makes me think of his car every time I see it, haha!

To me, the AKG shifter assembly is done right. It's not just a taller knob like above, the pivot point is moved up, allowing for a taller lever without a longer throw.
            Last edited by Eric; 07-14-2015, 11:20 PM.
            My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

I just installed the new z4 3.0 shifter and it hits the drive shaft I bent the selector rod and it still does I don't know how you guys are getting it to work especially the guys saying no mod is necessary I wonder if you guys are talking about the z3 3.0 I might try that one next but I can't drive with this grinding on the drive shaft so I may just go with the 2.5 one but let me know if guys have any tips

Comment

Two questions, where can I get an x5 shifter for the low, and where can I get the z3m shifter for the low. I'm going to make the z3m shifter taller unless I can find an x5 unit.
                Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

Originally posted by Bmwdrivere30 View Post
                  I just installed the new z4 3.0 shifter and it hits the drive shaft I bent the selector rod and it still does I don't know how you guys are getting it to work especially the guys saying no mod is necessary I wonder if you guys are talking about the z3 3.0 I might try that one next but I can't drive with this grinding on the drive shaft so I may just go with the 2.5 one but let me know if guys have any tips
                  Did you remove the driveshaft harmonic balancer?
                  The Z4 3.0 is longer then the Z3 1.9 I'm running. And IIRC you need to bend the Z4 3.0 to match the angle of the stock shifter.

To keep the thread on-topic:
                  I'm running the Z3 1.9 shifter on my E30. I converted the Getrag 260 to the newer style carrier, and removed the harmonic balancer.
                  Along with some delrin shift carrier bushings, the shifting feels tight and precise. Wish I would have went with a DSSR, but at the time only one company made them, and they were overpriced IMO.

My shift knob is unweighted and the gear selecting is slightly notchy.
                  Personally, i'd rather have slightly notchy shifts where I can feel what the transmission is doing (and not force it by shifting too quickly in normal driving).
                  I've heard it'll loosen up a little bit as the plastic parts wear in. At that point I might buy an off-brand DSSR to take up some of the slack.
                  Last edited by Panici; 02-10-2016, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Just gonna leave this nugget of knowledge here. Z3m lever lengthened above the pivot to x5 length yields approximately 3.93:1 ratio, which seems good since I have had my eye on a 2.8/3 z3 shifter prior to crunching the numbers. 5.1:1 from the x5 doesn't seem like enough based on the videos and my general understanding. So basically a z3m shifter lengthened this way is a 2.8/3 z3 that's closer to the wheel which is good, since I have a rebuilt 3.73lsd and am going to be shifting often. Where can I find a good deal on the z3m shifter? Autohaus az seems to have it cheapest, 100 and free shipping.
                    Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

Originally posted by Streichholzschächtelchen View Post
                      Autohaus az seems to have it cheapest, 100 and free shipping.
                      I got mine for around $84 shipped straight from BMW last year.

It's so nice with a DSSR and delrin bushings.
                      Short and notchy but yeah its a little low in terms of height.
                      Last edited by 3vilE30; 03-06-2016, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Shift Lever and Short Shifters

Originally posted by lennon View Post
                        just installed all new everything and 2.8 z3 lever into my 86 early style sheet metal shift console. everything worked fine, early style consoles just need everything off their original shifter (some of it is not made to come off/go on a complete lever). i got it all together without any trouble. i took out the whole console and everything and assembled it on my workbench and then mounted the console.

the z3 2.8 lever has made the throws a lot shorter and the whole thing is notchier, even though i fitted a sort of spacer below the lower ball cup in the console to raise the ball as high as possible to straighten the selector rod. i think the notchiness i feel is mostly all the new parts in comparison to my old ones of unknown age and obvious wear. i didnt have a ton of play before and none of the parts were wasted but still the difference is seriously night and day. i almost feel like the throws are too short for my taste but ill probly get used to it. if i dont like it after a while i can semi-easily change it out for another.

do you have pic of your spacer to raise the pivot ball?
                        Last edited by ngampleh; 03-17-2016, 05:44 PM.
                        [ETA - E30 Adapters] 5 Lug kit with e46m3 front and e46 325/328i rear brake setup
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------
                        [ETA - E30 Adapters] - 5 Lug kit | DTM Shifter | DSSR
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------
                        Transaction Feedback

Comment

Does anybody know if you can replace the shifter ball bushing on eBay shifters with an OEM one and run an OEM lever? eBay shifter I'm referring to: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Quick-Shift-...xU2aIv&vxp=mtr

I like the B&M replica ones as they come with a raised pivot point so you don't get that notchy-ness. I want to use its cup with an OEM ball bushing and a Z3M lever. It's going on an E36 328i, but this forum has the most knowledge on these levers.

Now a 318ti

Comment

RTD anyone????

sigpicLevel Motorsport: www.levelmotorsport.com

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/levelmotorsport/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LeVelIndustries/?fref=ts

Comment

Originally posted by RoccoB517 View Post
                              RTD anyone????

Another CAE copy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                                Another CAE copy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Hello Guys,
                                Please watch the RTD Shifter installed on the M3 E46 Of Maximum PSI.

660+whp Maximum PSI Stage 2 turbo E46 vs F82 M4 at Mpact 2015 Pocono Speedway. Maximum PSI Exhaust. Samsonas Motorsport 6 speed H pattern dog box transmiss...

Another Video installed on an M3 E30.

RTD Short Shifter, Installed on an E30 with an M3 Engine,-Universal Kit for the BMW, E21, E30, E36 & E46, With ZF & Getrag 5 and 6 Speeds transmissions.-Ergo...

Comment

Working...
                                X