Dual magnaflow side exits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dual magnaflow side exits?

does anyone have pictures? im planning on this with my set up. I want to straight pipe from my left manifold down to the magnaflow bullet muffler and then out the left side with single in/dual out magnaflow chrome tips. and the exact same thing on the other side, exhaust peeking out right in front of the rear wheels. i know it will be loud. but is it going to be stupid loud even to a person who likes loud mufflers? or should i go with only one side? (right side since thats were my two manifold pipes go into one. and then i can use just a res, magnaflow bullet muffler and the tips exiting the right side. One more option would be a dual S.P to the muffler and then to the back of the car and have it look like a M3 qaud exhaust? but the back end isn't really set up for that so it might look ricer. I would have to have a rear valence made to make the exhaust look good .should i keep stock tube size or 2.5 inchs?. does anyone know a fairly round about price for a job like this?if anyone in vegas that does custom exhausts on here can you please PM me, Best muffler shop wont take my cat off and wont work with it off. otherwise those guy would for sure have my bmw right now.

the quad?

I think Luke did this or at least wanted to.
    I know you might have to remove your spare wheel-well though.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
      I think Luke did this or at least wanted to.
      I know you might have to remove your spare wheel-well though.

thank you. i dont have a problem removing my spare tire well. but id rather them come out the side, but then again that qaud looks dope and maybe the e92 lovers i hang out would appreciate it lol. Do you think it gonna be extremely loud? do you know lukes username?

Comment

soooooooooooo
        gay
        Originally posted by TSI
        ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
        OEM+

Comment

Originally posted by lolcantturn View Post
          soooooooooooo
          gay
          the side ecit or the quad rear?

Comment

that vert doesn't look all that bad , and would be better if there was a v8 tucked under there

Comment

Originally posted by lovinmye30 View Post
              thank you. i dont have a problem removing my spare tire well. but id rather them come out the side, but then again that qaud looks dope and maybe the e92 lovers i hang out would appreciate it lol. Do you think it gonna be extremely loud? do you know lukes username?
              Luke is StereoInstaller, but I mis-read forgot you wanted side exits!

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

went to custom muffler today they advised the side exits would look cool but it would create problems when the muffler is hot. So i'm going to have them run it to the back and look like the stock muffler did. Is "silver Line" a good name brand? i was planning on buying Magnaflow tips as i bought the muffler. The guy worded the add wrong so i didn't know they were "Sliver line" but i bought them anyways. (it was pretty cheep) so any input on this would be helpful i may turn it over if its a crappy brand, but they are clean and look well made.

so. delete resonator, and running 2.5 inch pipe to the Magnaflow and then 2.5 inchs to the back with tips on the back... hopefully it sounds good... let me know please if i should show the name on the tips or turn them upside down.

Comment

If you want side exits, I'd suggest deleting your gas tank!

(yeah, not a lot of help, but otherwise, there's not much room for any sort of muffler)

heh.

t
                  now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

silverline makes alot for diesel exhaust. I had it on my cummins and liked it. Good quality. I wished it was a bit louder for the ol truck, but on a car itd be good i bet.
                    Now with 2.7i power!!!

Comment

any progress?

Anything come from this? Looking to make exhaust mods myself, always been a fan of the quad ports

Comment

Having a single 2.5" to the back with a muffler and no resonator will have a very annoying drone. You need an additional muffler or a center resonator.

Ask me how i know...
                        The best one-stop shopping for German car parts and lifestyle: http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

ha ha ha /\

i wanted straight pipes on my e30, back in the day, but i still wanted to pass inspection here in texas so i had to leave my cat in place. from the cat back, i ran twin pipes right to the stock exit point at the back. it sounded badass and no drone since i still had that car in place. when you got on the pedal, the car sounded like an f1 race car. a buddy was recording a club meet, unbeknownst to me, when i decided to head home. i left and in his video you hear people wondering what was that stuff. well, continuing the video, he is searching and it finally follows my car leaving the parking lot and driving along the feeder road to the turn around. everyone told me how badass it sounded when we met again the next week. too bad that old club died out

acvc325ix, i think the san Antonio group is still together though so you can probably find them. it was strictlyea and ruben, guy who started it lived on the northeast side of town. lots of guys ended up getting bmws to go long with their vws.

Comment

Working...
                          X