What is this Panjo crap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by varg View Post
    Did tapatalk pay you to say their obnoxious banner ads are ok or do ads that take up 1/5th of the screen and get past ad blockers really not annoy you? Come on now. They're fucking annoying. I visit a lot of forums and on my phone and every time I have cleared the crap in my browser they come back. It's annoying, and it's just as legitimate of an annoyance as panjo, I'll never use tapatalk because of it.

No they really don't annoy me one bit. In fact i don't even notice them. And no they have not paid me shit.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Many (most?) mobile apps support themselves by displaying ads or by offering a paid version to remove them; Tapatalk is no exception. The $3 payment works out to $0.25/mo if you only use it for a year. I've been using it for at least three, so that works out to less than $0.08/mo.

So the choices are simple: part with the $3, or spend several minutes posting about how much you hate it. It's really just a simple function of what your time is worth...
      Originally posted by kronus
      would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
        Many (most?) mobile apps support themselves by displaying ads or by offering a paid version to remove them; Tapatalk is no exception. The $3 payment works out to $0.25/mo if you only use it for a year. I've been using it for at least three, so that works out to less than $0.08/mo.

So the choices are simple: part with the $3, or spend several minutes posting about how much you hate it. It's really just a simple function of what your time is worth...

Or the nano second it takes to scroll the phone past it.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

1. Post
          2. Edit post and delete panjo stuff
          3. Delete listing on panjo (optional)
          Yes I shouldn't have to do this, but it's a simple workaround.

Screw tapatalk, I'll never use their app based on the obnoxious and persistent ads on every forum I visit on mobile. Also "posted from my iphone with tapatalk"

I have zero ads on tapatalk and the signature can be disabled easily. It's not a bad app.

Comment

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
            I have zero ads on tapatalk and the signature can be disabled easily. It's not a bad app.

This.

I pretty much only visit using Tapatalk. I lose some functionality of the forum, but I'm not a person who spends much free time in front of a screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            Derek-

Comment

Originally posted by dereliiict View Post
              This.

I pretty much only visit using Tapatalk. I lose some functionality of the forum, but I'm not a person who spends much free time in front of a screen.

So disable the signature lol

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                So disable the signature lol

Lol. I just don't care.

Derek-

Comment

part with the $3, or spend several minutes posting about how much you hate it. It's really just a simple function of what your time is worth...
                  I've always found it funny when someone tries to lecture another person on the internet about "what your time is worth" in relation to "spending time complaining"

There's a certain irony to it.

It's also funny that people actively complaining over the span of multiple posts about panjo are telling me that complaining about tapatalk ads is stupid

IG @turbovarg
                  '91 318is, M20 turbo
                  [CoTM: 4-18]
                  '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                  - updated 1-26

Comment

I've always found it funny when someone tries to lecture another person on the internet about "what your time is worth" in relation to "spending time complaining"

There's a certain irony to it.
                    Meh... maybe it doesn't resonate with you, though it might with someone else. If/when that happens, then it was well worth my time.
                    Originally posted by kronus
                    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Meh... maybe it doesn't resonate with you, though it might with someone else. If/when that happens, then it was well worth my time.
                      I wouldn't worry about varg too much. Seems to be a habitual instigator. Cool E30 and I like what he does with it, a lot, but man does he disagree/find a point to retaliate against with everything.
                      My previous build (currently E30-less)
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Okay this panjo thing is stupid. There was nothing wrong with how the old set up went. Every now and then I'd get a pm for a for sale add from way back when but what ever. It's it's an issue then see about adding something to where if a for sale thread is over 30 days old it gets auto deleted. And by 30 days old I mean if the last post on the thread was 30 days old. I sure as hell am not going to pay some random side for me wanting to buy something. I'll surf the site still but will not be selling through that panjo site.
                        Float like a cadillac sting like a Bimmer!:)

sigpic

Comment

I don't like change any more than the rest of you, but I guess I'm struggling to see what the big deal is. Anyone who has been burned selling (or buying) something on the forums knows that some protection can go a long way. I haven't sold anything via Panjo yet (switched to ebay a long time ago after getting tired of haggling over $5 parts in forum classifieds...started pricing things with their 9% fees in mind and haven't had a problem) but have bought though it, and it seems to work fine. A kickback to keep the site going is a good thing - all kinds of places have tried donations and such, and it rarely seems to work out that well. We're all a lot less generous than we think we are, by and large.

Like anything else, give it 6 months and the vast majority of people will have forgotten that it was any different anyway.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by gearheadE30 View Post
                            Anyone who has been burned selling (or buying) something on the forums knows that some protection can go a long way. I haven't sold anything via Panjo yet (switched to ebay a long time ago after getting tired of haggling over $5 parts in forum classifieds...started pricing things with their 9% fees in mind and haven't had a problem)
                            This is why I don't encourage people to use the "gift" method of payment of Paypal. There's no recourse if something bad happens.

And yes, as a seller, you can get burned by the Paypal protection, but it can also cover yer ass. Have had it go both ways in the past, and still prefer it. I won't ever buy without doing it as payment for goods or services unless it's someone I know personally.

I cringe when I see that on ads..
                            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                            2016 Ford Flex
                            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

If panjo helps r3v stay around, I'm all for it. Sure, it can be a pita, but I'm sure whom ever runs this site pays some money out of pocket, so I'm sure this is a huge help in moderating transations and making a little money that goes into keeping r3v alive.
                              Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                              Q
                              :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Where are my panjo ads going? I don't even see them show up in the forum i posed in..

Comment

Working...
                                X