No announcement yet.

iX wheel thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I guess it doesn't seem to matter. My car has studs, but I have a feeling they'd run straight even with stock bolts as long as you're careful snugging them up.

325iX Turdbo Rally/Hillclimb/Beater

Comment

How does a 16x7.5 et35 wheel with a 215/45 tire sound? Thinking of some BBS RY055's
      Build Thread
      https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=419655
      Parts Thread
      https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=408302

Comment

Should work. That's the setup I'm planning to run wheel and tire size wize
        89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
        I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatM20Guy View Post
          Should work. That's the setup I'm planning to run wheel and tire size wize
          Yeah, I like the sizing. Just inquiring to see if they are still available. I need to check to make sure the center bore isn't too small.. we need a 57.1 or bigger correct?
          Build Thread
          Parts Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisbike View Post
            Yeah, I like the sizing. Just inquiring to see if they are still available. I need to check to make sure the center bore isn't too small.. we need a 57.1 or bigger correct?

Yup the bore is 57.1. Not much selection in 16 but they are available

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatM20Guy View Post
              Yup the bore is 57.1. Not much selection in 16 but they are available

They are sold. Keep looking :(
              Build Thread
              Parts Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisbike View Post
                They are sold. Keep looking :(

Shame. They would have looked really good [emoji53]

Comment

Originally posted by Kvasi View Post
                  7.5x17 et22 on mine

Was there any rolling/mod work needed to make this set-up work?
                  Are there wheel-well differences between touring and coupe?
                  :coolphoto:

Comment

Any thoughts on 195/75/14 on 14" weaves or bottle caps fitting without issue? Overall diameter is 26.1".
                    AWD > RWD

Comment

That is huge, is that for rallye? On tarmac those sidewalls would be terrible.

I think they will fit but you could see rubbing up front with the wheels turned.
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

my winters are 185/70r14 on bottlecaps and no rubbing, but i dont think i would want a taller sidewall. they are pretty squishy already

Comment

Yeah, but I'm not doing it anymore. It's not technically legal (not that anyone cares since we're hardly competitive, dam 2.5rs'..) for stock anyway, since 15" is stock equipment and the wheels need to be all the same dimensions. I took an angle grinder to the winter tires though and made deep sipes.

I wish I could find an all terrain, like the BFG Traction T/A in 195/65/15. But if we're wishing pointless wishes, I also wish that the $750 ix I bought for rallyx wasn't a huge colossal piece of shit. Hah.

Last edited by Kershaw; 04-06-2017, 03:32 PM.
                          AWD > RWD

Comment

Keyshawn- what's wrong with ix wheels and gravel tires? Or grinder to high speed rated tires? Why are 2.5rs faster than ix?

Comment

Better suspension. Gravel tires aren't legal in stock class. Must be dot legal. If you know of a tire that's dot legal for gravel or dirt, post it.

I am thinking of getting 195/65/15 Goodyear ultra grip winter tires and modifying the tread pattern. I don't know how long I want to spend on the though
                              AWD > RWD

Comment

Would running a really aggressive all season work?

Comment

Working...
                                X