Fuel leaking from filler hose.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel leaking from filler hose.

I just installed a new filler hose on my car because the old one was leaking. This is the small hose that attaches directly to the tank.
    I managed to get it all the way pressed on and tighten down a hose clamp past the little ridge that holds the tube on.
    Am I doing something wrong? It leaks when I have a full tank or close to it. Should I apple some type of sealant or something?

you sure its the hose and not the joint? the metal small tube that is part of the tank? Common for them to rust at the welding...
    sigpic
    New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
    %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by ZM Blue Devil View Post
      you sure its the hose and not the joint? the metal small tube that is part of the tank? Common for them to rust at the welding...
      I'm pretty sure. I had my tank refurbished. Unless the guy didn't fix it correctly. Would applying jb weld on the bottom of that joint work? If so I might try this for good measure.

Comment

It doesn't sound to me like the leak is the hose. A new hose and the properly placed clamp shouldn't leak. I'd guess on a pinhole or crack in the tank. If it is a pinhole, replace the tank. You might be able to epoxy this one, but you will soon have another.
        The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
        Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Working...
        X