Rear BBK for 4lug E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear BBK for 4lug E30

I would like to upgrade my rear brakes on my e30. I was wondering if there are any DIY solutions like the RX7 front calipers. I have heard of 735i calipers and Z1 rotors but the z1 rotors are just too hard to come by. Any other rotors that would work, maybe an e36 and have it re-drilled? Thanks!

Massive's 300x32mm rear kit. Done.

Read the threads on his 280x22 (?) rear Z1 rotor kit idea, you'll see the issues with that setup.

What do you need a rear BBK for though?
    2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
    95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
    98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

The car sees heavy track use.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhino View Post
        The car sees heavy track use.
        all the more reason to do Massive's kit. Do you have a front BBK?
        2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
        95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

what are you running for power that you are exceeding the capabilities of the stock rear brakes?
          sigpic
          '86.5 325eis Track Ho | '08 128i DD | '04 Silverado Tow Vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by SkinnyVT View Post
            what are you running for power that you are exceeding the capabilities of the stock rear brakes?
            I was getting brake fade with stock power on hawk +. Now i am running about 270whp.
            Last edited by Rhino; 12-20-2012, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhino View Post
              I was getting brake fade with stock power on hawk +. Now i am running about 370whp.
              You realize that those are not track pads? An immediate improvement would be to get some PFC01's or another true track pad that can withstand some heat, hopefully you have some good brake fluid in there too (Motul 600 is what I run).

I agree that at 370hp you will be hauling some serious ass coming into the braking zones and will need upgraded brakes. I would sell off the RX7 front setup you have and get a full setup from Lee (Massive Brakes).
              sigpic
              '86.5 325eis Track Ho | '08 128i DD | '04 Silverado Tow Vehicle

Comment

Working...
              X