• Time
  • Show
Clear All

awesome! oil pan clearance is amazing!
    89 325i 4dr s52
    02 BMW 525iT m54b30/manual swapped (daily) *sold*
    21' Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6 speed Manual

Comment

By chance. What you do with old tail lights? Still have them?
      88 d21 draggin pavement
      89 dirty30 kissin earth

Im just here to learn new things and meet new people.

Comment

Originally posted by Bggdnssnguy View Post
        By chance. What you do with old tail lights? Still have them?
        No sorry not sold them straight away.

So went to a local classic car meet last night and noticed a lot of wheel wobble and a bit of knocking.
        Turned out the lower ball joint was knackered so manage to find a complete new arm on the Internet last night and picked that up this morning and fitted it. Also fitted the slicks ready for tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Comment

Well yesterday was great fun, managed around 12 runs throughout the day.
          Spun 6 times, a few down to cold tyres but mostly due to being too eager on the throttle, did turn the boost down for a two runs to 0.6 bar but soon got bored of that.
          Found that I suffered from fuel starvation on the hard right handers which really hindered my time but luckily my friend has a spare alloy tank with built in swirl pot which I'm going to buy and mount in the boot.
          But all in all was a good day without the miss firing I think I would have finished with the same time as in my fiesta which for my first time in the car I'm happy with. Really happy with how quickly the slicks warmed up too.

[URL=http://s1178.photobucket.com/user/zachking400/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160915_160850.jpg.html]

Will post some track shots when they come through.

Last edited by king_ZS; 09-26-2016, 10:20 AM.

Comment

A few track shots

Comment

Fuel tank with built in swirl pot purchased. Just need to cut the wheel well out now, make an aluminium plate and get all pipes and external pump bought.

Comment

Started stripping the sound proofing out today.

Nearly 2kg (4.2lb) from just the rear bench. Unsure what color to paint it all when done though.

Comment

Managed another 2kg of sound proofing today from the front footwells. Just the tunnel and rear footwells to go now.

Comment

So my scene gold tape arrived today, this stuff is horrible to use with the shape of my pipes, did it once and ripped it all off to try again. Still doesn't look ideal but hopefully even if it's minimal it'll have an effect.

I've also had an iconic sunstrip made up. Not everyone will be a fan but ahhh well.

Comment

surprised to see the true coilover rear suspension hasnt blown one of the towers yet. love the carbon fog deletes, any tips for making my own?

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                        surprised to see the true coilover rear suspension hasnt blown one of the towers yet. love the carbon fog deletes, any tips for making my own?
                        Why is that a common problem with them? And it's nothing too complex just cut the carbon slightly larger than the holes, then drill some securing holes for it, I also used some small aluminium brackets behind them to add some stiffness to the carbon as it's only thin. I'll get some more pictures at the some point this week to show you.

Comment

Re did the boost pipe and took a lot longer on it as the creases were driving me mad...

Comment

Without bracing the true rear coilover setup puts a lot more stress on the shock towers. People usually do it after they have caged the car and built in a lot of strength.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                            Transaction feedback
                            - jpod999

Comment

Some say it's bad some say it can pass. I've been told that u should be alright running true rear coilovers using an xbrace. Quite a few guys in the UK run there cars like that on the tracks, some without any additional bracing.
                              Safety should always be your highest concern thou
                              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Daily: 06 Chevy Colorado (wannabe racetruck)
                              Drift/Track Car: 91 Bmw 318i 4dr

Comment

Originally posted by Reub_e30 View Post
                                Some say it's bad some say it can pass. I've been told that u should be alright running true rear coilovers using an xbrace. Quite a few guys in the UK run there cars like that on the tracks, some without any additional bracing.
                                Safety should always be your highest concern thou
                                Any pictures of how best to brace it?

Polys arrived today, interested to see the total weight saving from these.

Comment

Working...
                                X