No announcement yet.

88 325i re-done with m50 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M3 badge is preventing the sale. Might want to remove it and reinstall the OEM taillights while you're at it.
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I like the badge. :( Badge can easily be removed and I have the stock tail lights easy install. Thank you for the bump��

Comment

Nice...Who did the paint and interior work if you don't mind me asking. GLWS..

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

The paint was done by Legendary Auto, the interior was done by me.

Also on Original post I update with VIN of Car and also VIN of Engine
          Last edited by ctebbs5; 12-13-2016, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Bump

Comment

I'm sure the M3 badge isn't doing anything to prevent the sale, but I generally agree that badging a lower trim car as a higher trim car is thoroughly lame and cheapens an otherwise well done vehicle. I think the car would benefit from losing the badge. And would also agree that the standard taillights would be better. both are easy fixes obviously.

Comment

That car looks stunning, wow. BUMP for a clean California car.

Comment

Bump!!!!! Merry Christmas

Comment

Car looks nice. Have no idea why is not sold...carry on...Merry Christmas!
                    1997 328i - SOLD
                    1991 325is - SOLD
                    2002 325i - SOLD :(

Currently:
                    1991 318is
                    2011 328i xDrive
                    2017 Highlander - Toy Hauler

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Martin C. View Post
                      Car looks nice. Have no idea why is not sold...carry on...Merry Christmas!
                      When I see a badge claiming a car is something that it is not, nor ever will be, I run for the hills no matter how nice the car is. I just can't see eyeball to eyeball wth the reason for doing this and that scares me a highly modified car.

Comment

Originally posted by ericneet View Post
                        When I see a badge claiming a car is something that it is not, nor ever will be, I run for the hills no matter how nice the car is. I just can't see eyeball to eyeball wth the reason for doing this and that scares me a highly modified car.
                        LMAO. Get over it.

Free bump. GLWS. Nice car!
                        My 325iX DIY Threads:

Front Wheel Bearing Replacement

325iX Rear Subframe Bushings and MUCH more w/pics!

325iX Steering Rack Replacement, Suspension, & Oil Pan job w/pics!

Comment

Can you share info on headlight assembly? Thanks.

Comment

OP, I love the car. With that being said, I do agree with the badge. As soon as I saw it, I immediately started thinking what is wrong with the car. Right or wrong, I am being truthful. Wrongly badging a car is misrepresenting the vehicle which isn't a good thing when trying to gain trust to sell a car. Regardless, good luck with the sale - she is beautiful.

Mr. Wolfe
                            sigpic

Comment

M is a badge of performance. Like M brakes or the M steering wheel. M are componets added to a base model car to enable it to peform at higher levels or appear estetically nicer. The badge was bought because of its 80's retro look. I agree the M3 is lame and I was looking for just ///M. So after the responses I figured I'd pull it and shave off the 3. It looks great and I love it. I've replaced the rear lights for all red originals. The front head lights are DEPO projection lights. So there you have it fellas as for the gent who wants to run for the hills I think you should. Its an incredible way to stay in shape and keep aggresion down. Thanks for the comments.
                              Last edited by ctebbs5; 02-27-2017, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Motorsport.

Mr. Wolfe
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X