E30 electric questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 electric questions

I have done 316 swap to m20b25 from e34 and my electric harness is also from e34(i guess).

What are those two plugs?
    And other thing, in my mass airflow sensor has round plug but my harness have square plug, do i need to get that right maf or cannot be wired somehow?

I think you will have to get another afm but maybe you can splice the wires? have to wait for someone else to comment
    Last edited by superj; 01-11-2017, 10:27 AM.

Comment

It might cost you a bit now, but, having made a mishmash car, electrically, I'd recommend
      getting the M20 harness from your year E30 and fitting it to the engine.
      It's a pain at first, but then, when it's done, you can just pull out the right
      ETK and know what's going on.

If you cut and splice, years later you'll forget, mis- remember, have lost your notes,
      etc. I have 2 etks AND 4 pages of notes and notations, and I'm sure there are things
      that are still not right in there.

BMW changed enough stuff around (even just wire colors) that there's no reason making
      it any harder than it already is. It'd also make the car an easier sell if you can say
      "it's all 1987 wiring", for example.

Just what I learned the hard way.

t
      now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

You need an AFM with the appropriate connector. The part number ends in 082.
        AWD > RWD

Comment

Working...
        X