No announcement yet.

What is this Panjo crap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have just been using old classified posts I made pre-Panjo and editing the title/first post to reflect what I am selling right now.

Then bump it..

I have noticed that there seems to be an uptick in duplicate/triplicate posts for the same item now happening more often due to the Panjo use. If you use Tapatalk to view the classifieds, it's a mess.
    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
    2016 Ford Flex
    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Yea I wont be using the classifieds here anymore either. Sounds like a majority of users here, id say in the 90 percentile don't want it.

I get the wanting to reach more people for some, but when i sell parts, I list them at the "r3v discount price", and a 100$ item here, is 150$ for someone else

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
        I have just been using old classified posts I made pre-Panjo and editing the title/first post to reflect what I am selling right now.

Then bump it..

I have noticed that there seems to be an uptick in duplicate/triplicate posts for the same item now happening more often due to the Panjo use. If you use Tapatalk to view the classifieds, it's a mess.
        This.

http://www.arghon.com/

Comment

James, you shouldn't have to respond to any negativity regarding the classifieds section here. This is the internet, not kindergarten.

The users of the classifieds section are the ones who should alert the community about buyer/seller issues ,etc.

Buying something online from someone you don't know is a risk, but usually a worthwhile one IF you do a little research first.

One of the primary draws of r3v (for me at least) is the lack of nannying and policing here and i am glad to donate $$$ as i have in the past to keep that spirit alive.

I am admittedly crotchety, but i have zero interest in jumping through another set of hoops to buy or sell here.

If panjo must stay, i propose two classified sections, a panjo one and a "wild west" version where buyers and sellers deal with each other and forfeit the option of bitching to James about it. How much in donations would this take and where should i send my share?
          Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
          The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
            James, you shouldn't have to respond to any negativity regarding the classifieds section here. This is the internet, not kindergarten.

The users of the classifieds section are the ones who should alert the community about buyer/seller issues ,etc.

Buying something online from someone you don't know is a risk, but usually a worthwhile one IF you do a little research first.

One of the primary draws of r3v (for me at least) is the lack of nannying and policing here and i am glad to donate $$$ as i have in the past to keep that spirit alive.

I am admittedly crotchety, but i have zero interest in jumping through another set of hoops to buy or sell here.

If panjo must stay, i propose two classified sections, a panjo one and a "wild west" version where buyers and sellers deal with each other and forfeit the option of bitching to James about it. How much in donations would this take and where should i send my share?
            It's not about the policing. It's about the paycheck that the classic classifieds don't bring it.
            Originally posted by Sonny
            I am a meme for our community.

Comment

I tired to have an open mind, but I can't help but to agree with everyone else now. I've tried using it and it just sucks. I for one would be willing to pay an annual subscription to be able to post new threads in the parts and wheel classifieds.
              My Garage
              2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
              1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
              1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
              Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Panjo gives the option to pay via Paypal and Paypal does not take any fees in addition to fees already deducted.

I'm an old surly bastard, and if James doesn't want to go to donations and contributions from members, I'm on board with using Panjo.
                Continuous For Sale Thread
                323i s50

Comment

Not to pollute this thread with another completely different suggestion, but I've always been a fan of The Samba's classified section. Users can sponsor posts for more visibility, feedback threads are linked to listings, etc.

Comment

I would imagine that if you guys created a GoFundMe campaign every year to support the forum and keep everything afloat, that you would be surprised at the amount of donations you'd receive. All of the users like me that would be happy to donate $15-20 a year would add up quick.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that's been about to post something for sale, remember that it's Panjo now and then said forget it. I'm still trying to get my first two postings to even post to the r3v forum. 5 days and still no dice... If it actually worked I wouldn't be complaining.

--Roundie Revival 2.0 - 1973 BMW 2002 Build Thread--
                    --Golden Boy E30 Build Thread-- (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Adrenaline Junkie View Post
                      There should be a option, if people want to sell through Panjo or without Panjo.

Also I have a problem, I can't connect my R3v Username and Panjo account. Damn
                      I agree!!!!

LAME SAUCE

Comment

Here's another stupid thing about Panjo...I just purchased a couple of Respect Your Elders decals and got shunted to Panjo. I payed with Paypal and went to my emails to check the transaction. Instead of a straightforward email stating "you just sent a payment of X dollars to Joe Blow" I got an email stating "you set up a purchase agreement with Panjo from your Paypal account". That tells me Jack Shite! Plus, when I go into Paypal it does not show any record of my transaction.
                        This is total garbage!
                        Last edited by PKile; 07-13-2016, 09:02 PM. Reason: typo correct

Comment

Originally posted by PKile View Post
                          Here's another stupid thing about Panjo...I just purchased a couple of Respect Your Elders decals and got shunted to Panjo. I payed with Paypal and went to my emails to check the transaction. Instead of a straightforward email stating "you just sent a payment of X dollars to Joe Blow" I got an email stating "you set up a purchase agreement with Panjo from your Paypal account". That tells me Jack Shite! Plus, when I go into Paypal it does not show any record of my transaction.
                          This is total garbage!
                          I just came back to this thread to complain myself. Someone just paid me for one of my decals, and I got hit with almost 9% in fees! I'm not sure if thats a combo of both Panjo & PayPal hitting me up, but if so I got double dipped in fees.

Just shoot me a paypal directly and I'll send some out to you. I didn't see a purchase on my end from you.
                          www.instagram.com/snwmble
                          #snwmble

Current:
                          '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
                          '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
                          '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
                          '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
                          '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
                          '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
                          '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
                          '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

I haven't used the classified section to buy anything in quite a while, but took solace in the fact that ... it just worked really well and if I wanted to in the future, the process would remain so simple. That it seems is gone.

Panjo is another reason, among quite a few, that I don't frequent bimmerforums much at all.

Lastly, being a big fan of this site; I remember searching for E30 info back in 2010 when I was looking to buy one...would gladly and I say gladly, pay a yearly subscription of say $25.00 to be a member - it would be worth it to me and to help keep a forum that I've learned so much from afloat. (caveat #2 I'd do the same for S14.net in a second)

If the Admins/Moderator's/Owner of R3V would have polled the option, I believe that the positive response would have been surprising.
                            My old Style 5 Thread / My Swap
                            1991 318IS :bow: 2.5L S14 Swap/BC Coilover suspension/Some new (old) wheels/
                            IS Skirt-Lip/RG Splitter/M-Technic I Spoiler/Dogleg/3.46 Diff/Euro H4 headlights etc.
                            1998 528I (Sold) // 2003 540I ///M Sport

Comment

Originally posted by audiquattrot View Post

Just shoot me a paypal directly and I'll send some out to you. I didn't see a purchase on my end from you.
                              Will do...is your Paypal name the same as your name here?

Comment

I'd happily pay a $100 a year to either be on this site or able to post for sale ads - the information in this site is worth that much to me.

From a business sense - that $100 is easier to swallow at tax time - because it can go under Advertising or License fees. That allows me to swallow up the charge on my Small Business taxes and R3V would get a higher percentage.
                                1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                                2016 Ford Flex
                                2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Working...
                                X