m106 conversion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m106 conversion?

Hey, just found a 745i and liberated it of exhaust, exhaust manifolds, turbo, intake up to the throttle body, wastegate, bov, oil filter housing, oil cooler, and that's about it. I have an m30b35, what else do I need to make this work? I'm assuming there is electronics I should grab, what and where though? Idk anything about e23, is there anything else worth grabbing before it gets scrapped?
    Jah bless! :pimp:

I found a good link with some technical stuff near the bottom http://www.mye28.com/viewtopic.php?t=18994 Apparently I need the motronic box, there is also a knock sensor somewhere? Idk what compression regulator means either...

For the love of god some input please, before the rain comes.

Also if anyone wants the intercooler, better speak up. I'm going fmic and don't need the smic.

Comment

don't bother with the existing motronic stuff, it all sucks, just run megasquirt

the wastegate doesn't fit into an e30 without cutting into the sheetmetal

there are two knock sensors bolted to the block, but you probably don't care about them, they're 80s trash. just do it right.

newark?
      cars beep boop

Comment

That was the plan, I guess why not grab the brain box and knock sensors at this point. Probably worth what the yard charges, and I can always flip it.

Oakland. Row52 never gets updated.

Comment

i had one for sale for 2 years and nobody ever wanted it
          cars beep boop

Comment

Lol, well I wore baggy clothes so the price was right. Pulled the brain box, got the hard line from the turbo to oil filter housing, left the knock sensors.

Car still has head, intercooler, oil filter housing and oil cooler, I already have a set. Gauges are in german. Has a TRX 390 with meat on it still if anyone is looking for those overpriced tires.

Time to save up for a whodwho ms2

Comment

This thread will help you A LOT. I have a set of m106 manifold, turbo, waste gate, and down pipes, but it was kind of an impulse buy. I just gotta figure out what to do with it.
              My Garage
              2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
              1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
              1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
              Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Hi , OEM ECU is not better idea , I recommend you to put standalone ECU !!! I have e30 with swap m106 engine , I was have problems with OEM ECU , because m106 is with AT , also is 2 ecu system :) I change m106 ECU to m30b35 ecu and VAF+ second ecu m106, but when I go on 1.2 bar boost and I load injectors , injector driver is dead, I change it with another to better ,and install it with cooler ! But I don't receive power what I want ! now I put progressive ECU with traction control and many more improvements :)

PS Sorry for my english
                BMW E36 coupe 1997 318is TURBO
                BMW E30 335 m106b34 TURBO

Comment

Working...
                X