Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 88' e30 325i Touring build thread, wiretucked, ITB'd M20, Bagged.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazing car! keep it classy.
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
    IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Thanks mate, I will try my best to keep it classy :)

I just ordered:
      - UUC EVO3 shifter kit from Bavauto
      - New OEM Throttle cable
      - Samco Black coolant Hose kit
      - Black Silicone vacuum line kit
      - New OEM intake boot

Also, am thinking about upgrading the radiator to be a bit more suited for Australia's super hot summer's so was looking into something like this:

Looks decent although it is upside down in the pictures :/ lol and reasonably priced.

Also, want to get a half decent CAI setup for it. I have the 'Kamotors' intake on my coupe and was probably just going to get the same one for the Touring. Looks clean and the filter isn't exposed (illegal to have an exposed filter in australia........don't ask me why...)

Or what are the other options for a decent CAI setup for the 325? I have mainly worked on Honda's in the past so BMW's are still reasonably new to me.
      Last edited by bmwandhonda; 07-26-2012, 05:40 AM.
      E30 325i Touring currently under construction.
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...256444&page=20
      sigpic

Comment

Looks fantastic - I won't ask how much it went for as I think I saw the ad for it :)
        '90 BMW E30 318is
        '99 Honda DC2R

Comment

Lol yeah I won't say it was cheap >_< But worth it for the uniqueness alone. That and the condition it was in :) I couldn't resist.
          sigpic

Comment

So what like, 3 kangaroos and a case of James Boags?
            My 1991 318is Progression Thread

Comment

Originally posted by MR 325 View Post
              Absolutely fucking awesome. I love everything about it!
              Yup

Comment

Originally posted by Nairb View Post
                So what like, 3 kangaroos and a case of James Boags?
                Both my pet kangaroo's + my cork hat and two slabs of VB
                sigpic

Comment

Awesome sauce!

Comment

screw you. screw you. screw you. screw you. so nice.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bmwandhonda View Post
                      Both my pet kangaroo's + my cork hat and two slabs of VB
                      That's quite a price to pay for such an old car... ;)
                      My 1991 318is Progression Thread

Comment

Originally posted by bmwandhonda View Post
                        haha hey mate, yeh I spotted photo's of your touring from the jdmst meet a couple of months back and was super jealous, then this popped up and I couldn't resist!!

Will no doubt bump into you at meet at some point :)

Yeah that jdmst meet was like 5 mins from my house, so went with a couple of mates, i thought no one would even take a second look at the touring when i went there.

So when i saw the pics online i was a bit shocked lol.. Put a smile on my face though!

p.s as far as i know we're the only 2 in Melbourne. Haven't heard or seen of any others

Comment

That thing is pretty much immaculate looking at all the pics so it is worth the price tag. It is effectively in the 'collectors/enthusiasts' category now which i think breaks out of the standard 'age/kms' type pricing structure IMO.

Knowing how a guy over here called Zed's white MtechII touring looked on both Alpina 17's (copies though) and then 17" Keskins i will be interested to see it down low on chunky 15s. Maybe even colour in the white lettering on the tyres? haha

Comment

Just ordered a Kamotors CAI + Adaptor plate

Still need to sort out the slightly dodgy turn signals that just randomly stop working at times and also get some new brake pads. Just going to get OEM pads.

Originally posted by e30Nicko View Post
                            Yeah that jdmst meet was like 5 mins from my house, so went with a couple of mates, i thought no one would even take a second look at the touring when i went there.

So when i saw the pics online i was a bit shocked lol.. Put a smile on my face though!

p.s as far as i know we're the only 2 in Melbourne. Haven't heard or seen of any others
                            Yeh, I reckon a lot of people will be fair confused seeing an e30 wagon at a meet in Melbourne :) Yours is definitely the only other one in Melbourne that i have seen or heard of. But probably a couple more lurking about.

Originally posted by Ant_e30 View Post
                            That thing is pretty much immaculate looking at all the pics so it is worth the price tag. It is effectively in the 'collectors/enthusiasts' category now which i think breaks out of the standard 'age/kms' type pricing structure IMO.

Knowing how a guy over here called Zed's white MtechII touring looked on both Alpina 17's (copies though) and then 17" Keskins i will be interested to see it down low on chunky 15s. Maybe even colour in the white lettering on the tyres? haha
                            I completely agree with you in regards to the collectors/enthusiest category. Befor I got the Touring home, I had planned on daily driving it and selling off the 2 door. But after seeing the condition that it's in + the Uniqueness (at least in Australia) I am going to keep the coupe as the daily and have this as a weekend cruiser :)

Also, yeh I am also interested in how it will look on the 15's. 16's would have been perfect but the 15's came up and I jumped on them. If i'm not happy with it, I should be able to sell them for what I payed originally. Either way though, the Alpina's look great so could happily just leave them on.
                            sigpic

Comment

Love it!!

Comment

Just ordered a 'Raceskids' sump guard. Have had one on the coupe for the last year and has a taken a fair beating. Def saved me a few new sump's thats for sure!!

Also ordered a set of 'turner motorsport' alloy rear shock mounts and the UUC DSSR to go along with the UUC short shifter setup. Thought I should do it right the first time.

Drove it again over the weekend back to my parents house. Absolutely love the extra power and sound of the 6cyl over the coupe with the m42. The coupe feels a bit quicker off the line but the wagon feels like it just keeps on pulling harder all the way to redline. Currently driving it on temp rego permit still rocking the UK plates :p lol
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X