Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those of you running an intercooler that blocks your radiator...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those of you running an intercooler that blocks your radiator...

Are you guys using an electric fan to help with cooling?

Will a pusher fit between the intercooler and the rad for effective-enough cooling?

How much room do we have between the block and rad, assuming we do a mechanical fan delete?

Is there a specific volume of air (cfm) I should be looking for?

Originally posted by Janderson
    you can have the keys to my hunk of 20+ year old West German steel when you pry them from my cold dead fingers.

I have 2 extra cylinders worth of room between the block and my radiator ;)
    85' 318i ~The Bronze Bomber (FrankenM10 with a Forced Future :wgaf:)

Comment

tons of room when doing a mechanical fan delete, really helps when you have to do maintenance or change belts too.

i know frozensolid runs a intercooler infront of his radiater behind his kidney

Comment

I guess I should probably mention I have an m20.

Originally posted by Janderson
        you can have the keys to my hunk of 20+ year old West German steel when you pry them from my cold dead fingers.

Comment

youll have tonnes of room. and i wouldnt imagine it would matter where the fan is located. its still moving air through the radiator.

Comment

Get the kit from ireland engineering and put it off centered alittle more to the exhaust side of your motor and then wire it to pull air through and you'll be fine

Comment

I have mine mounted in front of the radiator, just using stock clutch fan. I haven't seen any adverse cooling effects.
              1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

Working...
              X