No announcement yet.

E30 SR20DET sprint car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One side rear door window in. Fitted both of them and removed the motor wiper. Need to make some little ali brackets to stop it from dropping but hoping to fit the other side tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Comment

Door progress. All side windows are now in I've just got to do the rear one and make some small brackets to stop the windows from dropping.

Comment

Started taking the door wiring out today, I hate wires I must say.

Also fitted the sun strip after much swearing and fiddling.

Comment

Nearly ready to move ahead with the installation of the new fuel tank now.

Just need some more fuel pipe and some an 6 fittings, my stud conversion kit has also arrived thank god can't be dealing with the wheel bolts and juggling the wheel anymore.

Comment

Both rear wheels now have the studs on, so much better Now to put the wheels on!

Wheel well is now no more!

All the bits I've removed so far plus took another 3lbs of sound deadening out from the tunnel today.

Comment

Finished the stud conversion off yesterday on it and ran it up as its been sat for a few months was good to hear it again.

I've progressed the tank a bit by getting some feet cut for it, did want to drop the swirl pot through the floor but it wouldn't clear the arb so its just going to have to sit proud.

And Also my duck tail arrived so thought it would be rude not to fit that.

Needs painting mind so thatll have to be done when the warmer weather comes back around.

Comment

Jesus, this car just gets more and more badass!
                sigpic1990 325IS,
                2.7L bottom end, Shrick 272 Cam, and a heck of a lot of bald tires.

Comment

Few more updates getting sorted Now ready for the rear end refurb and fuel tank fit. I've got rear subframe bushes and just bought some black series trailing arm bushes and a 325 3.91 raito LSD.

And also this arrived which is only small but a vast improved all black just doesn't look right.

Comment

Busy few days today and yesterday.
                    Said good bye to the old track car

Started gutting the doors only done the rears so far.

Got it out for some day light just to confirm it runs OK with all the wiring that's been chopped out before I change the fuel tank.

And today started to drop the rear subframe off, as you'll all know its been a ball ache so far I couldn't get the hand brake cables off so I've had to angle grind em off. Think I'll make the hydro handbrake lock so I can do away with the cables and shoes. Ran out of light with it just hanging on around the subframe bushes. Stuck. With all the bolts removed.

Comment

ah. the s14/15 sr20's are one of my favorite engines, must rip quite nicely in the e30
                      My feedback:
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=186328

http://e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74911

Instagram:
                      @gears_n_glory

@functionmotorsports

Comment

What about rear suspension? More pics please !)

Comment

Originally posted by bataangpinoy View Post
                          ah. the s14/15 sr20's are one of my favorite engines, must rip quite nicely in the e30
                          Yes it certain goes well, hoping with shedding a lot of weight over winter it'll go even better.

Originally posted by T.nikolaevich View Post
                          What about rear suspension? More pics please !)
                          What about it sorry?

Comment

Originally posted by king_ZS View Post
                            Yes it certain goes well, hoping with shedding a lot of weight over winter it'll go even better.

What about it sorry?
                            Coilovers? What stiffness?

Comment

Originally posted by T.nikolaevich View Post
                              Coilovers? What stiffness?
                              Gaz Coilovers - Free custom build including spring rates, damper valving and ride height rage to suit your car specification and use. View the complete range of Gaz Coilover Kits

Comment

Well gravity did the trick for me. Came back to the car today and it was on the floor, great success!

Carried on with the door lightening on the front.

I plan to do the doors like this with a takata pull strap on.

Removed the standard tank ready for the race one.

Must admit though its not been too much rolling around on my back for two days.

And finally made some little rubber feet up to try and damper the vibrations on the tank.

Comment

Working...
                                X