Clear All

not everyone likes their shift knobs in the transmission tunnel

Comment

I like to have my knob in the tunnel.

Comment

Ima let da OG's rip ya apart on dis one!!!!one

Comment

dont think i didnt see that.

and at least i try to stick to things i know or want to know about instead of trying to make fun of someone about there ideas when i have no clue about it being good or not, just so i can try to make them feel bad and me feel good. I forgive you though

Comment

Originally posted by nickmp0wer
            and at least i try to stick to things i know or want to know about instead of trying to make fun of someone about there ideas when i have no clue about it being good or not, just so i can try to make them feel bad and me feel good. I forgive you though
            Stop taking things so personally, cupcake. If you can't take a simple joke made from a post you made, you've got bigger issues. I'm just fucking around with you. Get some Vagisil and come back when you're feeling a little more fresh.

Comment

joking about a shift knob is one thing saying my ideas sound ridiculous at best is another, especially when you dont know what im talking about

Comment

I ordered my Z4 3.0 Lever today. Maybe I will get to install it this weekend... Yes!!! ... oh wait a minute, I don't have a new knob... Time to go $hopping again...
                Slicktop City!

Comment

Originally posted by Eurospeed
                  I like to have my knob in the tunnel.
                  i like mine behind the stearing wheel within a finger tips reach ;)
                  ________
                  easy vape
                  Last edited by moatilliatta; 01-20-2011, 07:34 AM.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                  @Zakspeed_US

Comment

So for a daily driver and I want have quicker throws and not have to bend the rod the Z4 2.5 kit would be the best for a 325i?

Comment

^ I dont know, Ive heard even for a DD, Z4 3.0 is much more preferable.
                      Einige Autos dürfen nicht runter gehen... einfach weil sie so spezial sind. - Wenn man von BMW's der '70 und '80 Jahre redet.

Comment

I ordered and installed the Z4 3.0 "SSK" from BMA. Had to do a bit of modification, as the white cup that the ball goes into was 1.38" OD, and the cup in the car was 1.25" ID. Dremel it up, and it fit perfect. The selector rod impacts the vibration damper a little in R & 2nd. I love the feel, and the look.
                        It's much shorter (look and shifts), and wasn't too hard to install. I didn't need to bend anything. ('86 325es)

P.S. That vibration damper is really ok to take out? I was kind a thinking that it looks like a bowl thingy, and I would need some sort of spacer to take up the space. Let me know guys, or I guess there's only one way to find out...
                        Slicktop City!

Comment

Originally posted by ldsbeaker
                          I ordered and installed the Z4 3.0 "SSK" from BMA. Had to do a bit of modification, as the white cup that the ball goes into was 1.38" OD, and the cup in the car was 1.25" ID. Dremel it up, and it fit perfect. The selector rod impacts the vibration damper a little in R & 2nd. I love the feel, and the look.
                          It's much shorter (look and shifts), and wasn't too hard to install. I didn't need to bend anything. ('86 325es)

P.S. That vibration damper is really ok to take out? I was kind a thinking that it looks like a bowl thingy, and I would need some sort of spacer to take up the space. Let me know guys, or I guess there's only one way to find out...
                          take it out. it does basically nothing, I'm not even sure if BMW put them in newer cars, and everyone who has taken it out noticed no difference.
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

^^Thanks. Will do.
                            Slicktop City!

Comment

I just ordered my Z4 2.5l kit. Do I need to purchase a new knob? All the levers look the same as in the notch at the top. BavAuto just took the Hamann knob that I want off their website..Anyone have any suggestion of a nice pistol grip knob.

Thanks

Comment

you don't have to get a new knob BUT you would like one ;)

I have one of the light up knobs from BMW and it is great

BTW I have the z4 2.5l and it is awsome
                                ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

Working...
                                X