TheTacoMan's build, Turbo'd, mflare'd.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TheTacoMan's build, Turbo'd, mflare'd.

Updated pictures are scattered throughout thread.

Update: 1/1/13:
    I had been looking for an e30 for a few months after getting convinced by other owners. After months of looking for an e30 I had looked at mostly "e"s and "i" four doors both of which I did not want. I ended up looking at about 6 e30s before mine, all of them were just beat to shit and not taken care of at all. Which brought me to my e30. I was working some odd jobs up in Tahoe city California and I drove by this blue e30 with bright bottle caps. So I ended up walking around a little bed and breakfast trying to find the owner. Found him and asked him if he would sell it, turns out he was going to list it on craigslist later that day. Car was owned by a buddist monk that traveled the world and needed to sell it due to traveling. He told me he couldn't tell a lie and explained EVERY flaw down to scratches behind the passengers seat and included service records dating all the way back to the early 90s. I talked to the guy and it was fate that it would be mine. I could not make this story up.
    Ended up getting the car for 2k, but the reason it intrigued me so much was it was a super Eta and it was blue. Mileage right now is almost 150k, no rust as it is from Henderson Nevada and im the third owner. Car is now in Reno, Nevada. The plan for this car will be a turbo weekend track car, so far the conversion to an budget stroker or "I" is done and am working on the 5 speed currently, just been difficult to get parts that are all late model.
    Car has been lowered on h&r race springs and bilstein sports, with trm 15x8s with kuhmo tires. Has a custom 3in exhaust from headers back, no cats.

UPDATE: 2013. I may go with an m60 depending on what I can get a hold of this summer.

Its finally time for me to start a build thread for my 1988 325 coupe. So far this is what has happened .
    Power steering delete
    ac delete
    windshield washer system delete
    Trunk tar removed
    is spoiler/front splitter
    plastic bumpers
    and a 5 speed plus I head, hartge spoiler, side skirts is in the works.
    After the stroker is worked out the turbo will began.

Suspension: I have h& r race springs and bilstein sports coming soon.
    Wheel/tire: Shooting for a 16x8 with a 245 width
    Might get some rivet on fender flairs, not sure yet.

4th of July, Red white, and blue.

Dat fender gap. Stock 4x4 status.
    Last edited by TheTacoMan; 02-04-2014, 03:35 PM.

I got my hartge replica spoiler on, is front lip, bilstein sports and h&r races springs on. Pictures soon

Comment

Comment

Did you just throw the I head on with eta bottom end and pistons? How do you like it?
        clutchCTRL!
        Move with a purpose.
        - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
        - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
        - 2000 323i AT
        2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
          Did you just throw the I head on with eta bottom end and pistons? How do you like it?
          Havent yet, just put a deposit on a new i head. But yes im planning on throwing on just the i head along with everything else that is needed within this month.

Comment

So forgive me for being an m20 noob, but do you change only the head, or the intake manifold also?
            The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
            Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
            2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
            2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
              So forgive me for being an m20 noob, but do you change only the head, or the intake manifold also?
              For the super eta its basically just the head, intake manifold and a few little things vs the normal eta which needs alot more.

Comment

Thanks. I want to do an m20 stroker for my car eventually somewhere down the line. I'll keep watching to see how yours goes :)
                The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
                  Thanks. I want to do an m20 stroker for my car eventually somewhere down the line. I'll keep watching to see how yours goes :)
                  Yea im looking forward to it :D

Comment

Got the 5 speed tranny in the mail yesterday, still piecing that together and also have a i head lined up to make this a stroker.

Good news is just got another job so progress should increase two folds. :D

Comment

Nice man, I'd recommend a 3.73 LSD from a 325is, will really wake up the stroker.

I know first hand.
                      (SOLD) 1988 327i Build Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=155086
                      1970 Gruppe 2 2902 M20 Turbo Build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=373891

Comment

Let me know if you have any questions regarding the swap, mine has been running awesome for 3000+ miles now. The combo makes some great power (dyno this weekend for me). I did a 50/50 mix with e85 and picked up a little more power ;)

Good luck!

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

Originally posted by Cronopoulos View Post
                          Let me know if you have any questions regarding the swap, mine has been running awesome for 3000+ miles now. The combo makes some great power (dyno this weekend for me). I did a 50/50 mix with e85 and picked up a little more power ;)

Good luck!
                          Im planning on running megasquirt and methanol N.a. until a turbo set up is pieced together. Cant wait to see what number your setup is putting out.

Originally posted by 88SuperETABD View Post
                          Nice man, I'd recommend a 3.73 LSD from a 325is, will really wake up the stroker.

I know first hand.
                          I put in a 3.73 open in from a friend a week or two ago, definitely a huge difference from a 2.93 even just revving to 5k.

Comment

Fender flares? This is gonna be awesome. :D

which part of NV are you..?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jdirty View Post
                              Fender flares? This is gonna be awesome. :D

which part of NV are you..?
                              Im up in reno

Comment

Working...
                              X