This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tiger_e30 View Post
    price out what a e30 m3 project would go for. Thanks!
    I'm glad to see you pursuing your bug bite!
    1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
    1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
      I'm glad to see you pursuing your bug bite!
      Have to try!

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        so $7,500 isnt so bad...
        Considering what I have seen other M50 swaps trade for, it's a fair price for the car in the condition it was in. And as I said before, raising tide lifts all boats. So any E30 that goes for a decent amount just helps the value of my fleet.

..of course, I would have to actually SELL one in order to realize those gains!
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        2016 Ford Flex
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

so $7,500 isnt so bad... how do you feel?
          At 1 pm that afternoon with an hour to go with the reserve not met, I accepted the fact the car wasn't going to sell. I had a couple of emails with questions, but nothing of substance. Then with 20? minutes to go it blew up. The buyer and that other guy were going at it.

I'm happy with what the car sold for. It's actually what I wanted to sell it for (mind you I'm still losing money). The car is going to a guy who seems excited to own it and take care of it. He's picking it up later today.

Ask me later this afternoon how I feel. It'll be 5 years worth of effort and memories driving off. Not sure how I'm going to react.

Originally posted by Poorhouse View Post
          I stand corrected.

Congrats on the sale.
          BaT didn't seem to have the highest faith it was going to sell for very much. I guess now maybe they'll have a different mindset.

Comment

Originally posted by glucklich21 View Post

BaT didn't seem to have the highest faith it was going to sell for very much. I guess now maybe they'll have a different mindset.
            I sold a car on BAT (240Z) a couple years ago.
            They push hard for a low reserve which I can understand.
            I would guess the final price on your car should encourage realistic reserves and maybe see more swapped E30s listed.
            1991 318iC
            1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

They basically had told me to list mine for about the same as what yours sold for, but I wanted to wait until it was CA legal because I knew it would go for over 10k but luckily I came to my senses before all that
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Alpina C2 is up now
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Alpina C2 is up now
                  Dang, already crossed $25k..

Sounds like the tranny swap used a regular g260, which will affect performance over the close ratio that Alpina normally put behind their 2.7
                  2016 Ford Flex

Comment

i wonder what a very neatly swapped s50US car would go for
                    My feedback:
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=186328

http://e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74911

Instagram:
                    @gears_n_glory

@functionmotorsports

Comment

...it's all about timing on BAT. You need to have two buyers that really want it. Otherwise, it'll get lost in the shuffle. Ideally, BAT should limit how many similar models are listed, but they seem not to give a rats ass about that.
                      2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Reading the receipt from the C2, Charging for shop materials did they keep track of how many gloves they used and how many paper towels. No mention of changing head gasket since they changed the head bolts. Also found it interesting that the car has power windows all the way around, since most Alpina's were based on the cheapest 316 then adding the engine, so they had a variety of options when it came to windows.

https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                          Also found it interesting that the car has power windows all the way around, since most Alpina's were based on the cheapest 316 then adding the engine, so they had a variety of options when it came to windows.
                          Actually, most were based on 323i's..

Though by '86, they were probably pulling in 325i's. If I recall it wasn't until 87 or 88 that they finally worked a deal with BMW to receive Bodies in White.

I'm impressed with the sellers showing of all the usual rust spots for E30's, and it looks pretty dang good. Honestly, it's worth the money it's at right now, or even a little more..
                          2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Would like to see a few more details but I think it will stop at 31K market has calmed down quite a bit in last 4 months. Also 323's ended production in the end of MY85, 316's soldier through the whole production run of pre-facelift.
                            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                              Would like to see a few more details but I think it will stop at 31K.
                              That was about what I would have guessed as well. Maybe 35K if the right two bidders are there.

...they didn't use 316's. It was either 323's or 325i.. Remember, they got the 325i model many years before the US.

I have pretty decent records of C2 2.7's, and a few I have the striked out BMW VIN (this is the vin of the car before Alpina did their mods and striked out the vin in the cowl and applied their own vin to the shock tower.) One I happen to have is from a 1986 car, last 7: 0900792. This did indeed begin life as a 325i (02/86) before being converted to a C2 2.7.. Or take C2 2.5 #36, started life as a 323i (original striked out vin of 7543859) produced in 05/85.

If you look at a Bill of sale from Alpina, it would often say the base price of the BMW model that was used, and it was often a 323i/325i..
                              2016 Ford Flex

Comment

$35,270. Not bad at all

Comment

Working...
                                X