Old Blue 2002 (1974 BMW 2002 Content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Blue 2002 (1974 BMW 2002 Content)

So I picked this 1974 2002 up today. I am very happy with the car which I am calling Old Blue. I like that name and it fits.
    This will be my project thread for old blue. Progress will be slow for the first few months because I have a few things to pay off before I start spending money on the car.
    The car has almost no real rust. The worst rust is around the bottom and sides of the rear window. Besides that just small paint chip sized spots here and there.
    Old Blue is in nice mechanical shape as well and drives and shifts really smooth!
    My plan for now is to start with the suspension and just buy parts every now and then till I have everything I need. Ill be doing little tlc stuff here and there as well.
    I have no plans right now concerning anything power/engine related.
    I will post more detailed plans later on as the project progresses.
    Today I just spent some time doing some stereo stuff. Rewired all the speakers, and put in an Alpine CDE 9881. I'm not quite done yet. Still need to finish installing the speakers. Only had time to put one in today and even that one needs some fine tuning.
    Tomorrow I will finish the speaker install and wash and clean the car ;)
    Here are some pictures I took today. I only had a shit camera today. Sorry about that. Hope you guys like her though.

So I found a Mexican peso and a robo cop leg, so I can assume the car was in Mexico in the 80's :-D

Alpine CDE 9881 (need to fab up some mounting hardware)

Using some BMW Premium speakers. I want to move them over further to ether side of the car further away from the middle but it is going to have to wait till I find some time to make a new rear shelf cover. Using some Alpine type R's up front in the door cards. Need to fab some spacers for those.

Thats it for now. I will post up some updates tomorrow.
    Cheers!
    Last edited by deutschman; 08-11-2009, 09:20 AM.
    sigpic
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Nice! Love a car with character

Comment

Nice Subscribed.
      Originally posted by e30e
      lose the old man bmwcca badge.

Comment

very nice. love the color!
        '12 F30 328i Sport Line
        '91 SpecE30 #523
        '00 Ford F-350 Dually Tow Vehicle

BMWCCA #360858 NASA #

Comment

thanks guys.
          sigpic
          "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Sweet. Id love to own one.

Comment

got some see foam done today. i also painted the valve cover, mounted the head unit in the dash, and finished wiring up the rear speakers. im about to do some washing and cleaning. ill post some more pictures later. i took a bunch of pictures with a nicer camera today but its my dad's girl friends so i will have to wait until one of those two email them to me.
              sigpic

Comment

Nice! I like! looks clean and very original.

Comment

painted my valve cover today. didn't get any pictures of the engine bay yet. ill pop some up tomorrow. when the paint cures %100 i will sand down the stripes and bmw emblem on the cover. i also want to get a new oil filler cap at some point, and a box filter for the weber 32/36.

set up a funny little paint booth that worked really well.

it looks really glossy because its wet but it is a semi gloss black.
                  sigpic

Comment

should be good....

Comment

Turbo time.

Comment

good luck with tis project ! Get in touch with Alvin, I am sure he has enough spares to build 2-3 more 2002s :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
                          Turbo time.
                          +1
                          but that's down the road a bit.
                          im actually not finding very much goof solid info on m10 turbo set ups. if anyone knows where i can find a good write up or thread with lots of info regarding m10 turbos or m20 swaps into 2002s let me know. iv been searching everywhere.
                          i love not having to pass smog.

Originally posted by vlad View Post
                          good luck with tis project ! Get in touch with Alvin, I am sure he has enough spares to build 2-3 more 2002s :up:
                          thanks for the tip. ill keep alvin in mind. i think blunt also has good parts for these cars.
                          sigpic

Comment

nice, Seafoam is great, i did it on my E24 with good results.

Comment

what a purdy lil' zooz......

i love the way they handle

Comment

Working...
                              X