Dimethyltryptamine(DMT) spiritual journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dimethyltryptamine(DMT) spiritual journey

(Dmt is illegal in the USA and I do not condone to using this chemical agent) I've been doing some thinking lately on my life and how I feel with myself. I have admitted to being athiest in a previous thread and have honestly been scared shitless of my own belief of nothing after life since I began to believe in, well, nothing. After doing some serious thinking I believe that my cause of ,for the lack of a better word, being too grounded has left me feeling hollowed. A friend of mine introduced me to this chemical (DmT) about 2 weeks ago. He also was an athiest and took it for a "spiritual" journey. He said that after his trip he felt enlightened and understood what it meant to "be" and is now pagan. He seems the happiest he's ever been since I've known him (13 years) and seems to have a fuller life. I've done a lot of research since then and have found some very interesting things about it. I'm on my phone, laptop is broken so I'll put up a link later. But I'll leave you for now with the SCIENTIFIC nickname "spirit molecule". With all this said I was wondering if any other r3vmembers have thought about or have tried this. I plan on taking it sometime in the future once I'm fully prepared for it.
    Originally posted by Wh33lhop
    This is r3v. Check your vaginal sand at the door.

Can't say I have. I'm perfectly fine knowing my life will be meaningless and infinitesimally small and that death very well could be the end.

Because no matter what. It's a matter of time. Just live it and enjoy it. If that means doing that for you, then so be it.

(But I did do a lot of drugs when I was younger, so I may have gone through this years ago)

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

Being scared shitless about the end of life should highlight how important it is to live life to its absolute fullest. Like, right now. (this will probably cut into your internet time significantly)

Also, DMT is fucking awesome. I doubt you'll find your meaning of life. But you should do it anyway.

Comment

I really want to and a lot of reports I've been reading have similarities. A lot of volunteers said they saw entities and described them extremely accurate within eachothers' descriptions. The people who researched this say it "sheds the film from the conscious mind that blocks only the materialistic reality within. So the unmaterialistic is finally perceiveable and the traveler can learn more. It shows the state of consciousness and perception is not through the brain but through the beings' energy (some say soul) and the brain works as some kind of transmitter". That got me extremely excited and I really want to try it as a learning experience. Getting high isn't on the to do list considering the most I've done is pot for 3 years and at one point a lot of salvia. And I mean a lot (5 hits at 1 session with a waterbong).
        Originally posted by Wh33lhop
        This is r3v. Check your vaginal sand at the door.

Comment

I don't know why you are feeling so fearful of what takes place after death. In my beliefs, I will just return to the earth like everyone else has before me. I don't think their is any "soul" or "spirit" to go anywhere or do anything. It's not the end per-se, just part of a perpetual cycle.

The fact that the thought of a 'nothingness' after death has you so worried and rattled may be an indicator that there is something else going on in your head. I recommend you take a assessment of how healthy you truly think you are mentally. If you think that there is even the slightest chance that you are not well, then go see a professional and let them do a real assessment.

I have no issue with responsible recreational drug use. There is a time and a place (and a type) that using is OK with me. There are certain people that are just not capable of responsible use, and those people should never consider trying to do so... these types of people have issues with drawing a line and very easily become addicted. There are also people that can use drugs in a purely recreational manner. That is more of a disclaimer than anything... there is really no risk of addiction with DMT or other hallucinogens, but one absolutely must approach them with utmost rational and responsible behavior.

I took hallucinogens on occasion when I was younger, and for the most part they were great. It was mostly mushrooms, but I also tried LSD once or twice or thrice. In order for a person to have an enjoyable time whilst tripping, they must be in a very good place. I mean they should be in a setting where they are completely comfortable... i.e. somewhere where they can just stay for the night without any worries, just a small group of good, trustworthy friends around and most importantly, the person should be in a good, healthy state of mind. If you take hallucinogens when you are worried about something or depressed, it is highly likely that you will have an absolute terrible time. I have never taken or even been around DMT, but I assume with relative certainty that it is the same as any other trip in this specific respect.

As I said before, it sounds like your worries about nothingness after death are rooted in something deeper, and I strongly advise that you get a better understanding of those issues before you resort to a hallucinogen. If you are in the state of mind that you describe and start tripping, I would bet that you will have a bad trip and it will be a terrible experience. If I was your friend and you described your feelings, I would not give you the DMT at that time... I would wait it out until you have a better grasp of things.

But, I assume you are an adult man and in that case, you have free will and are free to do what you will. I would just be certain that you don't go in to the situation with your mind set on getting specific answers. Just do it to kick back, relax and free yourself of the stresses of every day life... don't expect it to completely change your perspective on life... you'll end up disappointed. The fact that your friend converted to Paganism overnight simply because he says he was enlightened whilst tripping on DMT makes me think that he did not have any strong feelings or beliefs about anything beforehand. I would say that he likely doesn't even remember most of what he experienced while on DMT.

So in short, I would either wait until you have a better grasp of your beliefs, or approach it differently than it sounds like you are planning to. Whatever you do, just make sure you are in a safe place to do it and have someone around that is not tripping while you are.

/longestbuzzedpostever

Comment

Pretty good documentary on Netflix about this right now, just watched it this past weekend.

Reminded me of when I did LSD in my younger years, with the exception of being more condensed, as far as the length of your "Trip."
            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Chemicals are fun and the "enlightened" experience caused by them are a direct result of how they effect the brain, chemically. I think some of the "enlightened" experiences shared by many prophets and schizophrenics may be the result of a similar response in the brain. That would, to me, further justify the absence of divine intervention rather than reinforce it. These type of neurological experiments really show how wonderfully complex and beautiful the brain is. Read up on some of the latest neurology books if you want further insight on this subject. I find it fascinating.
              sigpic

Comment

Time to get down with Sasha Shulgin.

Comment

If life has no meaning or is boring and unfulfilling without the use of drugs or alcohol, then there are issues. Life is so much better without all that wasteful addictive garbage.

As far as peoples beliefs changing, that is fine, luckily that is a right we have in America. But isn't it likely that some people feel happier after throwing their belief in God away because they no longer believe that they are going to be held accountable for their actions and that they are justified in their current wrong-doings?

I'm not trying to tell anyone that their beliefs are right or wrong, but it certainly seems that this instant-gratification generation just wants everything to be happy and feel-good with no compromise, no consequence, and minimal labor.

It doesn't work like that.
                  Last edited by Sagaris; 02-03-2012, 07:54 AM.

Comment

I read Rick Straussmans book before having anything to do with it. A friend sold all his worldly belongings and moved to Nepal to become a monk. I've received a few letters from him in the following years, but it fundamentaly created a change he never would have expected. The most amazing fact is that it is a naturally existing compound found in everything. The whole pineal gland formation and root of DMT in the human brain at 48 days is also quite interesting. I could ramble for hours...

Comment

I dont know anything about this. Im going to research now....

I will say this... (fuck)
                      Being overly aware of your reality, human surroundings, spiritual surroundings, etc etc is a blessing and a curse. I've done drugs, just about all drugs, in my life at some point or another. From a pretty early age growing up in Lutheran Christian schools, I knew something was "off" and the people around me were "different" than I. At first, I was doing them because I was so hurt inside of my reality and what I was seeing around me that I knew that removing myself from my own mindset and shoving myself into another was what I wanted to do, so i did. Fast forward 15 years, and Im still doing it, albeit, at a much lower frequency and enthusiasm.

My recommendation, try it. Like everyone is saying, life is short. Which to me means theres no reason why you shouldnt try it. Our brains are so complex that theres no way we will ever use all of our human capabilities simply because we cant tap into it. Every time I do mushrooms, I feel like Im able to use that part of my brain in ways I couldnt before. Im not worse off, thats for damn sure. But forcibly taking yourself out of a comfort zone or mindset can be a positive thing to see the world in a way you normally wouldnt. Thats positive to me. When you come down, you're back to yourself but ya know you just have some thinking to do. I like thinking, too bad so many people prefer not to. And also realize, in 20 years, you'll probably be a different person all over again with new ideas and beliefs from sheer life experience. Doing DMT will just be another part of the process of brain evolution. Responsibility in use/abuse is highly recommended of course.
                      :up:

Comment

Whatever happened to just smoking a joint to chill out?

Comment

People have always been doing drugs or taking steps to alter their perception in an attempt to have a "spiritual moment."

Personally I think it's holding people back, not helping them "advance" or grow...but hey if it makes you a better person go for it (although "better person" is pretty fucking subjective, I cannot stand preachy hippy fucks).

Comment

It is subjective yes, but when it comes to necessitating the addition of chemicals of a questionable nature to your body to experience so called "enlightenment" which can easily be discredited for their negative affects on your brain I think it's safe to say the use of said substances is in no way positive. You're not allowing yourself to tap into priorly unutilized portions of your brain, you're simply tricking it.

Comment

Would you guys lighten the fuck up on this whole addiction claim?

Heroin is addictive. The drugs in question, arent. Period.

Besides, none of us know the ill effects scientifically speaking from lack of research so most of the points in here are purely opinion.

Comment

Working...
                              X