No announcement yet.

My 1988 e30 325ix - Garage'd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, not surprised. The only way I got my o2 sensor out was putting it on my neighbor's lift. I had struggled for months to get it out and I broke several tools. But on a lift, with plenty of access to the bottom, a 24" pipe wrench plus a 48" pipe over the handle and a few minutes of struggling and it finally creaked free. It's amazing how seized they get.

I'm glad you got yours out. Now just to be sure, remove it once a year and reapply anti-seize.
    AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
      Now just to be sure, remove it once a year and reapply anti-seize.
      This x10.

You're lucky you didn't pull the threads out with it. That's happened to me more times than I can count.
      1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
      1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

That's great advice. It had a decent amount of antiseize on it, but I think taking it out once a year is a good idea.

Comment

My 1988 e30 325ix - Manual

Got my Condor Transmission mount in the mail! My daughter is super excited about this one!

They also sent me a coozy for the delay. Stand up service from them! Honestly they must know how much I value coozys.
          Last edited by jeenyus; 01-12-2017, 06:22 PM.

Comment

About 2 years ago I bought some RTABs from them and they sent a coozy with it. Since then I've had very few beers with out it.
            My Garage
            2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
            1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
            1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
            Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

My 1988 e30 325ix - Manual

Originally posted by stonea View Post
              About 2 years ago I bought some RTABs from them and they sent a coozy with it. Since then I've had very few beers with out it.

Coozys are a game changer. Make it easy to hold a beer in the cold and in the heat, keeps it cool. Someone was thinking. Haha

Comment

Is that an ix mount?
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                  Is that an ix mount?

Yes sir.

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                    Yes sir.
                    Just ordered an 80a poly one from garagistic as well as a dssr and some other stuff. So far it hasn't been a good experience with them. Ordered two weeks ago and no updates on shipping/production or anything, even though I have messaged them twice. Ugh. Hopefully it'll be good though. Can't wait for the stuff to get here. Has been too long since I've wrenched on the ix.
                    89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
                    I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

I've had really good experiences with garagistic. Sometimes they get backordered, but I never worry because they always come through with spectacular quality.
                      My Garage
                      2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                      1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                      1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                      Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
                        I've had really good experiences with garagistic. Sometimes they get backordered, but I never worry because they always come through with spectacular quality.
                        Yeah I'm not worrier. They are super reputable. Just a bit annoyed right now :-?

I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

So the Condor Speed Shop 325ix mount left me confused. It doesn't fit the ix as far as I can tell. The original ix mount has a threaded bushing. The threaded portion is actually what connects the transfer case to the cross member. On the Condor mount it's just a mount with an insert. The insert isn't the size of the bolt and there are no threads.

Stock mount.

Condor mount.

Clearly different. I thought though, maybe I'd just be able to use an M12 nut and a washer to attach the two, but that wouldn't work either.

Bolt through cross member.

Mount on bolt.

So no dice with the mount. I'm gonna have to send it back. I pretty much only accomplished cleaning the cross member today which is a positive.

Before.

After.

I then decided to clean up the back seat a little. I didn't take a picture of it before, but the bottom portion should give you an idea. Didn't bother doing the bottom portion because it's a lost cause and I will need to buy another one.

I currently am using only one seat in the car as well since I have to pick my daughter up after work each day. It's just easier without the other Z3M seat in there.

Here is how my interior is looking these daze.

Progress continues on the car. Probably gonna go with a stock OE mount for the IX.

Comment

If you want to get another one besides o.e. I can let you know how the garagistic mount is (if I ever get it)

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                              This is a transfer case mount. I am not aware of the ix having a transmission mount.
                              How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

It supports both.
                                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                                X