No announcement yet.

Coffee and Cars - Lafayette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy Moses, it was packed this morning - several M-roadster clownshoes, i8, GT3, GT3 RS, GT4, blah-blah, blah, blah... you know the drill.
    Here's my images from the morning; I was rubber necking all morning because of the constant stream of cars:
    * http://www.patterndraftimaging.com/p455283466

- Erik
    Pattern Draft Imaging.com - "...Where Engineering Discipline and Photography Merge as One..."

Comment

Yep, this is now a big deal - because I showed up today at 7:40am and had a street parking spot... wow, it's huge!
      Saw a lot of old faces and found new ones; great to see / meet you all.
      So unto the images from the September 2015 Lafayette cars and coffee event:
      * http://www.patterndraftimaging.com/p602112079

- Erik
      Pattern Draft Imaging.com - "...Where Engineering Discipline and Photography Merge as One..."

Comment

Fantastic shots as always Flufferson. I love that old red Alfa on the first page, such a neat car and he's always there. Tried to make an appearance but the fatigue was strong with me this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
          Fantastic shots as always Flufferson.
          Thanks Roland; appreciate the encouragement.

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
          Tried to make an appearance but the fatigue was strong with me this morning.
          Seems like the summer months beat up on everyone and the fall is settling in too fast...
          Hope to catch you in October.

- Erik

Comment

Howdy folks, I know this isn't the right place for a FI question but we all go to the same emissions place, Im in Louisville, and Im thinking of going turbo on my M30 and running MS2. Im just starting the research phase for the electronic/wiring side of things. All aspects of cars come easy to me, 'cept that 'lectricity. Why Im not a domestic, carbed v8 guy, I don't know. What do I need to know about passing emissions? The last E test, dude almost failed my 540/6 because he couldn't find the SAP. I try to make it to all the CC days. Next month keep an eye out for my chevy coe...

Comment

Originally posted by VRMNSTR View Post
              Howdy folks, I know this isn't the right place for a FI question but we all go to the same emissions place, Im in Louisville, and Im thinking of going turbo on my M30 and running MS2. Im just starting the research phase for the electronic/wiring side of things. All aspects of cars come easy to me, 'cept that 'lectricity. Why Im not a domestic, carbed v8 guy, I don't know. What do I need to know about passing emissions? The last E test, dude almost failed my 540/6 because he couldn't find the SAP. I try to make it to all the CC days. Next month keep an eye out for my chevy coe...
              I don't have emission in my county, but with a proper tune on the megasquirt (which you can adjust) you should be able to pass. Most techs won't notice the car isnt stock probably and you may just need to get a catalytic converter on there.
              318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
              '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Originally posted by VRMNSTR View Post
                I just did emissions on my m20 turbo with a straight-through exhaust. I have a cat but a couple of nasty backfires blew out the internals while I was tuning several years ago so I'm pretty sure it's mostly hollow by this point. NOx was good, but I failed miserably on carbon monoxide and hydrocarbons. I didn't want to repay so I put the car back to stock one evening last week and retested no problem. While I have the turbo exhaust out I'll replace the cat and retune - I'm also on MS2. If you keep all of your stock equipment (ECU, injectors, exhaust, and oil plugs) it's really easy to switch between the two. Don't cut your harness when you install MS and switch your wideband to emulate narrowband and you're good to go. For shits: turbo'd straight-through emissions. They didn't care that it was modified, just did a visual cat check.

Comment

Ive E tested many many cars when I was selling them way back when and it was never a thing. One time the toothless tech shuffled up to a 911 I had just sold and tapped on the hood, signaling me to open it up... This past visit they initially failed my '00 540/6 because the brake light is on. I know my DSC module is dead and that's why the brake light is on. I had to remove the cluster and put electrical tape over the light and then they passed me. They were pretty picky compared to times past. Codrum- you say don't cut the harness, My harness is already pretty busted up and someone spliced and hacked already. Im thinking of making a new extended harness to relocate as much wiring out of sight as possible. probably run the harness under the intake. Ive laid out my old harness and have another m30 harness from something else that was a mislabeled craigslist purchase. thinking of cutting them up and making another "new" harness. Anyone local a wiring guru?

Comment

A very mellow and well behaved event this morning; well worth the parking woes!
                    Saw a lot of new vehicles along with some very tasteful modifications to much of the cars in attendance - nothing was disappointing.
                    Here's my quick-hits from the April 2016 Lafayette Cars & Coffee event:
                    * http://www.patterndraftimaging.com/p750692696

- Erik

Comment

I might actually have this day off next month...

Comment

I completely blanked on this one. Maybe next month!

Comment

Rain this morning kept back the massive foot-traffic, but didn't disappoint the attendees who made it.
                          Here's my highlights from the Lafayette Cars & Coffee for July 2016.
                          * http://www.patterndraftimaging.com/p1006032845

- Erik

Comment

Nice cool morning to end the summer, and brought out many new vehicles this past Saturday!
                            Looking forward to the rest of the year on these.
                            Here's the highlights from the Lafayette Cars & Coffee for August 2016:
                            * http://www.patterndraftimaging.com/p852508807

- Erik

Comment

BUMP - NEW LOCATION:
                              Hagerty Office in Golden
                              1010 Johnson Road
                              Golden, CO 80401
                              1st Sat of the Month

Weather should be a little warmer tomorrow. Planning to be there with my E28 M5 - hope to see fellow members there.

Comment

Is that this Saturday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Working...
                                X