Water woes? My well has taken a turd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water woes? My well has taken a turd

water smells of sulfur and per the well company do not drink was the statement. Has anyone had these experiences? The recently shut down the Granville reservoir for Westfield Ma due to low water levels and I was concerned as it's nearby then when I was gone on a trip my wife had mentioned the water was stinky.

Just a bit freaking out as I have no drinking water in my household now and as you maybe aware That SUCKS. Holidays are cancelled indefinitely at my household. Grr.
    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Brutal!

Take some of ours. We have only had 4 non rainy days since October 1st. We are literally dumping our water reservoirs.
    Originally posted by codyep3
    I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
    2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
    1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
    1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
    2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
    2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
    2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
    2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
    2010 F650gs twin
    2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

It has been partial due to the way the jet stream is flowing. Much of us on the east coast are suffering lack of water. The bad is folks all summer in my region watered their stupid lawns with drinking water....what a waste.

Comment

Do you folks have water restrictions during summer months?

Even with all our rain, we start restricting water usage May 1st every year now. Sprinkling lawns only allowed three days a week between 6-9 am iirc. Days depend on if your address is even number or odd number ending. That's stage 1. It gets more restrictive if water reservoir levels drop substantially, or if winter mountain snow pack was low that year.
        I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
        2010 F650gs twin

Comment

No we don't, we should but folks would not abide by them anyway. Snow....last year we had one measurable amounts. I hope this year offers more.

Common sense does not apply when it comes to having green grass for your golf course or lawn.

Comment

Happens every now and then. Where I grew up we had to tap our own aquifers for water and this happened every few years when we reached the bottom, or there was a disturbance. Take your 5/10/15/20 gallon containers and fill them up at the grocer, and shower at the gym. What we had to do. (the troubles of living on a farm)

Lawns are the biggest waste of crucial resources that most homes have. I lived the HOA lifestyle and it was a sham (and a shame). People's priorities are so selfish. If you're going to put greenery that needs to be watered, make it food and flowers, not some pointless weeds.

Feel how bad this sucks, and then think about Flint, or all the other unreported cities and counties that have similar issues. Still no clean water to the residents at Flint, and the government has begun live-ammunition battle training in the abandoned neighborhoods. People just can't get a break.

Comment

I know someone who lost all water for 2-3 months last summer. She had to wait due to the well guys being so backed up with work.

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                No we don't, we should but folks would not abide by them anyway. Snow....last year we had one measurable amounts. I hope this year offers more.

Common sense does not apply when it comes to having green grass for your golf course or lawn.
                There is always someone who thinks the rules don't apply to them. Up here, there is a culture of calling out your neighbours when they do shit like that though. We have full time water conservation officers patrolling neighbourhoods looking for these people, and a phone number you calll anonymously to report.

Originally posted by squidrope View Post
                I know someone who lost all water for 2-3 months last summer. She had to wait due to the well guys being so backed up with work.
                Wow, makes me happy I live in a place with an abundance of clean, natural water.
                2010 F650gs twin

Comment

Damn that would be such a pain in the ass! Our town built another reservoir and they still have an even/odd outside water ban every year. Some people seem to ignore it but it doesn't seem to be enforced at all.
                  sigpic
                  1991 318is x 2 .

Comment

Same sitch here. Our Uxbridge town wells started to dry up during this long drought. Townie Water Company had to add more Chlorine to the water to kill off higher bacteria numbers. Water tasted like Woostahh watah. Once we got that 4+" of rain last month, it got a lot better.
                    "I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death."
                    -Patrick Henry, n.d.

Comment

We are on working on resolving the issue it only costs money right, worst time of the year to be dealing with water woes. Hopefully resolved here soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X