No announcement yet.

1988 325ix M20 Build Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the "OEM upgrade" I would likely just stick with the 25b crank. Worried that I would have clearance issues with an eta crank plus is it worth the cost at that point? Wouldn't it be better to go to the m52 crank if I was going to be doing a crank swap?

Comment

$3000 for a stock rebuild is not good BFYB IMO buts is how much stuff costs. the full stroker will be a much better setup and worth the 1600 additional IMO and a great foundation to build on in the future

for cheaper you can do the OEM 2.8L where you take the "OEM upgrade" and add m52 crank and eta rods. there are more clearance issues but these are solvable.

if you find a good used block and pistons you wont need to shell out for new OEM oversize pistons which saves money that you can put towards machining/balancing
      89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

So I'm about to start buying up parts for this project. One thing I forgot to ask, how long do stroker motors typically last?

Comment

How long is a piece of string? Far too many variables and you haven't said your final spec?
          89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

85mm bore
            84mm crank
            272 cam
            uprated injectors
            megasquirt standalone setup
            Just looking for a general range. For instance M20 stock you see a large amount of cars over 150k without needs for a rebuild. Mostly worried about internal issues such as worn rod bearings, worn piston rings/low compression.
            I work in service and know every car is very different from another, but just trying to take a bit of a poll to see how long others have had their stroker motors run for before being any of these issues
            Thanks
            Connor

Comment

Working...
            X