Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
    Toyota truck tax > e30 tax.
    Decided to browse CL, and I'm finding things like this: http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/cto/4952339421.html

$6000? Really?
    My Feedback

Comment

I've had a couple Toyota pickups. My current is a 1991 4x4 22re 5speed on 32's. Just put some pacesetter headers and a enginbuilder 270HO cam in it .
      = Heidi 1988 325 -> 335i. 7200rpm built M30

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
        Decided to browse CL, and I'm finding things like this: http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/cto/4952339421.html

$6000? Really?
        About 1500 over priced.
        Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
        Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
        Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
          Just for you ST1Ggy. <3

So, I just picked up a '97 4Runner Limited, rust free, 182,000 miles. 4x4, factory e locker in the rear. $4400 which is a steal for this vehicle in the Pacific Northwest.

THE BACK WINDOW ROLLS DOWN BITCHES.

I will probably make a build thread for it because I'm an attention slut like Slammin.e28 Undoubtedly Thatoneeuroe30 will tell me to m30 swap it.

Comment

If you have any questions,let me know. That is a steal!

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
              If you have any questions,let me know. That is a steal!
              I've been on T4r.org a lot. 'Cadaverous' is my username over there. I'll for sure ask if I have questions. I've got some Tundra wheels, and 255/75/17 BFG M/T tires for it. I plan on a modest lift with some Bilstiens, and a TRD supercharger in the future. I rode in one last night with a supercharger with 280k miles, and pushing 8lbs of boost that thing is a rocket ship. I was surprised.

Comment

Bought mine a little over 4yrs ago...and one of the best things I've ever purchased....has been relatively trouble free and low maintenance costs. Just runs and runs...these trucks are awesome.

Comment

FZJ80 has a 4-speed, which is the big let down.
                  The 4 to 3 downshift feels like a fat kid who just got hit with a caddle prod while running a 200M sprint... it aint pretty, and feels overworked! ;)
                  Below the radar...

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
                    I've been on T4r.org a lot. 'Cadaverous' is my username over there. I'll for sure ask if I have questions. I've got some Tundra wheels, and 255/75/17 BFG M/T tires for it. I plan on a modest lift with some Bilstiens, and a TRD supercharger in the future. I rode in one last night with a supercharger with 280k miles, and pushing 8lbs of boost that thing is a rocket ship. I was surprised.
                    If it wasn't my daily, I would supercharge it too. I really want to do a 1uzfe swap.

Yeah, when you do Tundra wheels, you can fit Tundra calipers and Tundra rotors which bolt right up and stop the truck without warping rotors. I have the 16" Tundra/Tacoma wheels and it works fine.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
                      If it wasn't my daily, I would supercharge it too. I really want to do a 1uzfe swap.

Yeah, when you do Tundra wheels, you can fit Tundra calipers and Tundra rotors which bolt right up and stop the truck without warping rotors. I have the 16" Tundra/Tacoma wheels and it works fine.
                      Yeah, I was planning on the tundra brakes too. The stock brakes are less than inspiring. Especially when slowing down from 80 mph on the freeway.

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post

$6000? Really?
                        My '89 sold for 4400 w/almost 200k miles, and recent head gaskets. And it was the V6/auto, the worst combination known to man. It just depends where you are. I wouldn't pay stupid money for one here in new england because it would just rust out in a year. But on the west coast, where I lived when I had that truck, I'd be more okay with it. But really I'd wanna get one with a 4.3 vortec swapped in!

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

We currently have a '86 SR5 Truck, extended cab, and 5 speed, as well as a SR5 5 speed '95 4Runner. I got the truck with original sales sticker which was over $20,000, and I payed $5,000 for it. The 4Runner was $4,500 and we had to sink about another $2,500 into it in tires, CV axles, suspension and steering components, as well as a transmission input shaft seal that was hard and cracked and puked fluid all over the brand new clutch. Dont know why the PO didnt see the bad seal when he had the trans off to do the clutch. A $4 piece that cost us a grand.
                          We love them both. I really love my truck. I didnt think I would when I bought it as I had only ever owned small BMWs and thought truck guys were ass holes lol. Go figure.
                          I have to say the Toyota world has very little in terms of DIY sport for things like engine swaps and other How To write ups. Id like to do a 1UZ swap in my truck and can find almost no info. Lots of build threads, but none of them mention specifics or how they did it/what they used. Also lots of parts are hard to find, at least they are cheap. Really makes you appreciate BMW's parts program and RealOEM.

Last edited by deutschman; 04-05-2015, 09:14 AM.
                          sigpic
                          "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

My 2007 Fj Cruiser. It has 140K miles on it now and outside a rear axle bearing leak, problem free. I love this truck, we take it off road here and there, it tows the boat and is the beach vehicle on weekends.

This is Old Blue, it is a 1995 4cyl and has 230K miles on it. I purchased it to keep the abuse off the FJ. I was ruining it using it for work duties. Now Od Blue takes the abuse. It had 180K miles on it when I got it and the only thing I had go wrong was the AC compressor front bearing went.

It is beat to hell and invisible to police and people in general. I love it.

I came really close to selling Old Blue and buying this, I just do not want an Auto or V6 I prefer a 22r and manual.
                            Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

HELL YEAH YOTA's RULE! I've had my truck under a year and I put about 20,000 miles on it and it is just about at 200,000 miles on the odometer but I'm sure it'll do another 200,000 without skipping a beat. I also spoiler this thing I only put super in it, mobil 1 synthetic everything, only toyota oem parts. I'm the second and final owner of this truck. Somebody will have to crush it in front of me before I give it up....

The 2rz-fe isn't as smooth compared to the 22re but still one damn good engine! I've been getting around 25-26 mpg doing mostly highway and I still get great milage even with a bunch of stuff in the bed.

My friend has pretty much the same truck as me and he's almost at 500,000 miles and the only real issue is the chain is starting o tick a little bit probably due to the hydraulic tensionor being old and worn out at idle. His father has a 2011 tacoma trd tx with a supercharger and he's at like 250,000 miles. Toyota's will rust away before they stop running (If you take care of them).
                              -Dee
                              5-lugged turbo 318is Barn car
                              IG: @deebelmont

Comment

I wish I had the 4 banger and a 5 speed.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Working...
                                X