This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
    The new legislation is 142 pages long and one week before the vote is more than ample time to review it for a vote.

You morons apparently have forgotten that Obamacare as presented in the Senate under Harry Reid had only 6 days to review 2,700 pages. This was BEFORE it was sent to the house.
    Come on marshall, name calling aside, the length of the bill has nothing to do with uproar from the left. Having time to simply read something is not the issue. Understanding the ramification of those 142 pages on the other hand... could take considerably longer.

Besides that, it takes a lot longer to redesign a health care system (again, not particularly well) than it does to simply abolish the previous attempt and add in a few tax breaks.

And of course, there is this gem.

I can't believe so many people here are so stupid.
    ^I agree on the meme-ability of Pelosi on that particular podium outing. The dems need new leadership for sure.

Reposted for truth... this is the problem in politics. On both sides of the aisle.

"A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
    -----------------------------------------
    91 318is Turbo Sold
    87 325 Daily driver Sold
    06 4.8is X5
    06 Mtec X3
    05 4.4i X5 Sold
    92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
    90 325i Sold
    97 328is Sold
    01 323ci Sold
    92 325i Sold
    83 528e Totaled
    98 328i Sold
    93 325i Sold

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
      do you recall the Republicans being un-invited to craft the legislation?
      that they had no say whatsoever in the bill that was passed, with legislative gimicks, without bi-partisan support?
      and have you taken time to learn what's in the new bill? pre-existing conditions are still covered. you can still be carried by your peeps to age 26. etc.
      and they way the democrats get to millions more uninsured is because the individual mandate will be dropped, meaning some people won't buy healthcare. oh noes!! terrible!!
      the mandate only motivates healthy people to buy insurance, who otherwise may not feel the need to do so.

millions of people are now insured because they are able to buy subsidized insurance and get treatment, not to avoid the looming threat of paying a mild tax on their income.

this new bill allows states to choose which patient protections they wish to keep or let go, which is basically a step back.

nothing in this bill will solve how expensive procedures and prescriptions are.

but allowing insurance companies to charge the elderly (you) is a good thing?

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
        the mandate only motivates healthy people to buy insurance, who otherwise may not feel the need to do so.

millions of people are now insured because they are able to buy subsidized insurance and get treatment, not to avoid the looming threat of paying a mild tax on their income.

this new bill allows states to choose which patient protections they wish to keep or let go, which is basically a step back.

nothing in this bill will solve how expensive procedures and prescriptions are.

but allowing insurance companies to charge the elderly (you) is a good thing?
        lol i'm not elderly

states should be in charge of the whole mess to begin with. i can't remember a time when the federal government got involved in healthcare when prices were reduced.

if you look at the history of the ACA, nothing that was promised has come true, or very little. the ACA was supposed to reduce premiums. i now pay $1800/month for two (double), and my deductible has gone from $1200 to $6500.

i've said this before , costs won't be controlled or reduced until consumers are motivated to actually care about cost. doubling my deductible is one start perhaps.

why can't we do more of this?
        “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
        Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
          Come on marshall, name calling aside, the length of the bill has nothing to do with uproar from the left. Having time to simply read something is not the issue. Understanding the ramification of those 142 pages on the other hand... could take considerably longer.

Besides that, it takes a lot longer to redesign a health care system (again, not particularly well) than it does to simply abolish the previous attempt and add in a few tax breaks.
          So even more so should we have been fucking pissed that the Democrats slammed through Obamacare in the first place. You can't hold one side accountable and not the other when both have sinned.

^I agree on the meme-ability of Pelosi on that particular podium outing. The dems need new leadership for sure.

Reposted for truth... this is the problem in politics. On both sides of the aisle.

Blaming the messenger doesn't change anything though. If it wasn't Pelosi, it would have been any other Democrat in her place. The M.O. is the same: slam it through, lets ask for forgiveness later.
          Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
          Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
          Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Blaming the messenger doesn't change anything though. If it wasn't Pelosi, it would have been any other Democrat in her place. The M.O. is the same: slam it through, lets ask for forgiveness later.
            Health care reform was a step in the right direction. It just wasn't far enough of a step. And you're right, the M.O. is the same... but backwards in the case of the AHCA. I guess I can't blame the Reps for slamming it through... I just wish they were more invested in helping the general public than their campaign contributors.
            "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
            -----------------------------------------
            91 318is Turbo Sold
            87 325 Daily driver Sold
            06 4.8is X5
            06 Mtec X3
            05 4.4i X5 Sold
            92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
            90 325i Sold
            97 328is Sold
            01 323ci Sold
            92 325i Sold
            83 528e Totaled
            98 328i Sold
            93 325i Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
              Health care reform was a step in the right direction. It just wasn't far enough of a step. And you're right, the M.O. is the same... but backwards in the case of the AHCA. I guess I can't blame the Reps for slamming it through... I just wish they were more invested in helping the general public than their campaign contributors.
              I am personally not speaking about how great or bad AHCA is. But what I do know is that health insurance before Obamacare was SIGNIFICANTLY better than it is now. Everyone's premiums went up and everyone's deductible went up, governments are allowed to pick winners and losers even more so than before and the medical profession is even further detached from their patients.

It sounds like you want single payer, and that is fine that you want it. Just know that I don't. We don't have to go down this road in this thread.

My whole point was that the railroading that Republicans are being accused of here is clearly partisan and without any reverence of context or a sense of history and irony.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Was significantly better if you weren't poor or had a preexisting condition*

I don't think you even know what single payer entails to be honest. You cant be assed to google anything that isn't a 'fuckin libs meme'.

This is a tax cut veiled as health care reform, cant wait to see the results.
                1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                willschnitz

Comment

Dude, people were not dying in the streets before Obamacare so it was unnecessary. Plus, the pre-existing condition thing was only a 6 month exemption.

Single payer means the government pays and sets prices. I am no idiot.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

The Memes are now real folks.
                    willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post

The Memes are now real folks.
                      What a sack of dog shit this man is. Obama DID do something about it by kicking out Russian diplomats, shutting down Russian government facilities and further sanctioning them. Meanwhile, Trump was praising Putin and deflecting all the way up until now. And he still can't admit he was wrong in any way. We have a 6 year old as our President folks.

If you voted for this POS, you're an idiot. *Cough* George and Sleeve *cough*.

Comment

I don't think people who voted trump are pieces of shit or idiots.

I think many of them are just ignorant, voting for an R or a D, or just because they don't like the other option.

Then the loudest of them are extremely ignorant, and got played by a dude pretending to care about his constituents, and are now afraid to admit it because of the ridicule, rather holding onto the sinking ship until its sunk.
                        willschnitz

Comment

Opinions, opinions. All designed to shame the opposite point of view. Some are straight and to the point, others use crafty prose. But all of them are just opinions based less on truth and more on feelings.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Irony coming from the person supporting the President of Lies.
                            willschnitz

Comment

CBO and JCT estimate that enacting the Better Care Reconciliation Act of 2017 would reduce federal deficits by $321 billion over the coming decade and increase the number of people who are uninsured by 22 million in 2026 relative to current law.
                              willschnitz

Comment

Opinions, opinions. All designed to shame the opposite point of view. Some are straight and to the point, others use crafty prose. But all of them are just opinions based less on truth and more on feelings.

uh, no.

obama's sanctions against russia prior to election day are provable, documented facts.

you calling them "opinions" does not make it so, no matter how hard you want it to.
                                past:
                                1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                                1985 323i baur
                                current:
                                1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Working...
                                X