Racing my E30 at Laguna - E30 YouTube Channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Racing my E30 at Laguna - E30 YouTube Channel

My team raced our E30 in Chumpcar last weekend at Laguna. It was a blast until bad things happened! LOL

I have an YouTube channel and I publish weekly. In addition to the e30, I have a pretty fast 240SX, a BMW 1M, Audi S3 and I do all kinds of how tos, race videos etc. Hope you guys enjoy!

Sorry this forum won't display YouTube previews properly...

Last edited by Blue55; 11-28-2016, 10:15 PM.
    ChumpCar and 24 Hours of Lemons racer. Subscribe to YouTube channel with my E30 race build, 1M and 280hp Nissan 240SX track build in progress.
    http://www.revmatch.tv

Nice. We ran with Chumpcar at Laguna last year, but we won't run with them ever again (Political reason's.)

We'll be at Laguna with my old PRO3 car running Lucky Dog next month..
    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
    2016 Ford Flex
    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

youtube embeds work fine, you just aren't using them right

[YOU TUBE]that end gibberish bit of your video url[/YOU TUBE]
      cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
        Nice. We ran with Chumpcar at Laguna last year, but we won't run with them ever again (Political reason's.)

We'll be at Laguna with my old PRO3 car running Lucky Dog next month..
        I've heard great things about Lucky Dog! Good luck!
        ChumpCar and 24 Hours of Lemons racer. Subscribe to YouTube channel with my E30 race build, 1M and 280hp Nissan 240SX track build in progress.

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
          youtube embeds work fine, you just aren't using them right

[YOU TUBE]that end gibberish bit of your video url[/YOU TUBE]
          I've been messing around with this for at least 10 minutes with every variation of the syntax I can imagine. The button to format the syntax should work properly, but it doesn't.

Here's the exact syntax I'm using (without the spaces between the U and T), but if you look above Youtube shows "An error occured. Please try again later.

[YOU TUBE]youtu.be/oinBk3utG20[/YOU TUBE]

Whomever wrote the forum software needs to update it. This is ancient code.

Frustrating....

Comment

what is complicated about "that end gibberish bit of your video url"?

it may be ancient code, that doesn't mean it doesn't work.
            cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by Blue55 View Post
              I've heard great things about Lucky Dog! Good luck!
              Our team has ran with them for a while now, and I prefer the format over Chumpcar. You don't have the rule fights/wild claims of cheating..etc that you do with Chump. They class you based on the speed you lay down qualifying. Spend as much as you want, but you can't know what the cut off for the class is until the start of the race.

The strategy becomes consistency and reliability. You don't want to run your fastest lap at qualifying and be over commited to the faster class, but then again, you don't want your super slowest driver in the car for qualifying, because they will bump you up if they suspect sandbagging.

So in essence it's a lot like Bracket Drag racing.

It actually has made it a lot more fun then all the BS we used to deal with in Chump.
              2016 Ford Flex

Comment

what is complicated about "that end gibberish bit of your video url"?

it may be ancient code, that doesn't mean it doesn't work.
                Thank you. It didn't work when I tried it last time, but maybe I fat fingured it.

Comment

Our team has ran with them for a while now, and I prefer the format over Chumpcar. You don't have the rule fights/wild claims of cheating..etc that you do with Chump. They class you based on the speed you lay down qualifying. Spend as much as you want, but you can't know what the cut off for the class is until the start of the race.

The strategy becomes consistency and reliability. You don't want to run your fastest lap at qualifying and be over commited to the faster class, but then again, you don't want your super slowest driver in the car for qualifying, because they will bump you up if they suspect sandbagging.

So in essence it's a lot like Bracket Drag racing.

It actually has made it a lot more fun then all the BS we used to deal with in Chump.
                  We're definitely going to run a Luck Dog race or two in 2017. The main issue for us is that several of the races are in the PNW, and that's just too far from LA for us to travel to.

I've heard a lot of good things about this series so far.

Comment

Cathy is good people, it's why a lot of the west coast Chump management left with her when sh*t went down.. She has been very open and responsive to feedback, which is why Chump is not doing so hot in the PNW.
                    2016 Ford Flex

Comment

it's why a lot of the west coast Chump management left with her when sh*t went down..
                      What exactly happened with the West division of Chump? We haven't been racing with them long enough to know anything about the drama. Sorry I'm totally in the dark.

Comment

They parted companies, and many people held their allegience with Cathy and her crew, so they followed her to the new venture.

Condren was more concerned with Chump Truck and there was so much other garbage going on with the rules/cheating that many just walked away.

It's a good thing John has resigned from the organization, but they have a lot of work to do to earn back the field.

Anywhoot.. That's a conversation for another day, you should try Lucky Dog when you get a chance (and not just because I've got giant Lucky Dog stickers on my PRO3 car!)
                        2016 Ford Flex

Comment

lucky dog seems nice.

condren has mostly become toxic in the budget racing series landscape right now, as I understand it.

either of you at sears this weekend? We'll be there.
                          cars beep boop

Comment

lucky dog seems nice.

condren has mostly become toxic in the budget racing series landscape right now, as I understand it.

either of you at sears this weekend? We'll be there.
                            I won't be. We windowed the block at the Ridge last race, and I still gotta do a motor swap before Laguna..
                            2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Working...
                            X