This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bmwmech1 View Post
    Yeah, this whole sub-forum should be stickied, lol...

Garey
    Thanks Jean!:D:D:D

Garey

Comment

Might be a bit late to the party but here is what got our m62 hybrid engine going. (using m60 dme)

ECU NOTE: It is preferred to get a 404 (0 261 200 404 Motronic m3.3) DME from a manual V8 car (well, for a manual swap anyway). Although a automatic harness will work and you could remove the additional wires needed for the auto transmission.The 404 ecu does not have the dreaded ews security system (BMW alarm that will

Comment

Originally posted by garagistic View Post
        Might be a bit late to the party but here is what got our m62 hybrid engine going. (using m60 dme)

http://garagistic.com/index.php?page=e30-m60-wiring
        Nice! I never saw this site when I was doing my research... good to see another group using the M6x solution! And better late than never, right? Thanks for the link...

Garey

Comment

As mentioned before, there is always the problem when you use "ready-made charts" that your car has different wiring.. That's why it'd be good to check the wires from ETM yourself, it's not that hard and it's extremely beneficial as then you'll know what is wrong if the car doesn't start one day..

Anyways, I uploaded my first schema (manual w 530 wiring loom) here. Going to add the schema from newest project (automatic E30 + auto-V8 ) once I get to garage-computer...
          - E34 M5 (x 2) -
          - E30 V8 Cabrio "Kylpyamme" -
          - Alpina D10 Touring #33/94 -

+
          - E46 318i Touring -
          - Toyota Hiace 4wd -

Comment

Started my car today using the chart I posted earlier. Everything works great, fired on the first try. Just though I'd post some feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonsku View Post
              Anyways, I uploaded my first schema (manual w 530 wiring loom) here. Going to add the schema from newest project (automatic E30 + auto-V8 ) once I get to garage-computer...

And now the automatic-version wiring diagrams are also uploaded here.
              - E34 M5 (x 2) -
              - E30 V8 Cabrio "Kylpyamme" -
              - Alpina D10 Touring #33/94 -

+
              - E46 318i Touring -
              - Toyota Hiace 4wd -

Comment

ok guys sorry for such a nooby question but like iv bin readin from a e34 94 530i? the engine wiring harness for that works for the m62 obd1 swap? or i must run the m60 wiring harness and auto works just need to delete that part out? this is my first build... im 19 dont rip on me 2 hard i have almst everything for the swap. just need the transmission now and il also be pickin up a m60 to have around for parts
                e30 m62 enough said.

Comment

Originally posted by b1gturbo View Post
                  ok guys sorry for such a nooby question but like iv bin readin from a e34 94 530i? the engine wiring harness for that works for the m62 obd1 swap? or i must run the m60 wiring harness and auto works just need to delete that part out? this is my first build... im 19 dont rip on me 2 hard i have almst everything for the swap. just need the transmission now and il also be pickin up a m60 to have around for parts
                  The auto harness will work but will have a BUNCH of extra wiring. Find an e34 530 or 540 manual trans harness. They are scarce but be patient and wait until one pops up. You will have to modify the 530 harness to eliminate the secondary air pump stuff.

Comment

I'm doing a m60 swap in a 83 320 euro chassis. it has a square c101 witch has no rev signal conection. I than searched the web for the correct scematic but couldn't find any. there are also some cars wich have a 3 wire conection near the ecu above the glove compartment. thats not the case with my car. anybody knows how to hook up the rev signal from the engine harnas pin 20 to my tacho? pin number on the cluster? Thanks for helping me gr jim

Comment

Is anybody building and selling these yet.
                      I need one for a 94 m60 harness..
                      https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar...re-irs.356333/

This Forum is built on love, and powered by Sexual Tension!

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

It was my understanding they were the same as the 24v adapter?

That said, I'm building mine myself.
                        1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

OK so i'm trying to figure out where i'm going to get my switched 12v from for my starter. I have an early c101 eta and my car does not have a pin 15 for me to connect the black/green starter wire to. How do I go about this? I have the main red power going to the starter (thick cable) and also 12v to the black yellow at the starter with the ignition to the on position, now all I have left is the black/green that should come from the K5 relay. Any help is appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
                            It was my understanding they were the same as the 24v adapter?

That said, I'm building mine myself.

is this the case?

Comment

I have a very simple noob question that should probably be obvious, but I'd rather be confident and safe. I'm pulling the harness out of my 95 540iA and just wondering exactly how much of the harness I need and where to cut/detach. So basically it is one giant harness that goes from the X20 Connector, to the DME/auto transmission computers, then to the fuse box and then through the firewall inside the cabin to the cluster. There is also the part of the harness that goes from the fuse box to the headlights and braking mechanisms and so on.

So which parts of this harness do I need to use to make my X20-C101 connector? Obviously I need the X20 portion and the part that goes to the DME, but I'm guessing I can cut it where it connects to the fuse box as the wiring from the E30 fuse box would be used?
                              Originally posted by 36brua
                              Isn't that what these forums are all about making stuff easier... OO no never mind this is r3v...
                              Patryk:up:
                              Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 325is ///M-Tech II
                              08 VW .:R32
                              04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

subd

Comment

Working...
                                X